Arizona HC Adia Barnes on profane post-game pep talk: 'I’m not apologizing for it' | The Boneyard

Arizona HC Adia Barnes on profane post-game pep talk: 'I’m not apologizing for it'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Arizona head coach Adia Barnes wants the NCAA world to know everyone disrespected her team. Following Arizona's stunning upset over UConn on Friday, Barnes was captured on video giving an animated pep talk to her players.

While talking to her players, Barnes appears to drop an f-bomb and stick up the middle finger. It was her way of telling her team to ignore the haters ... but Barnes used a stronger term.

Reaction Score
Delete this post since it is not true, my apology.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And as she also stated (paraphrasing) "it was a private moment between her and her team". She obviously momentarily forgot that the ESPN cameras were everywhere, capturing everything. Just ask Aliyah Boston how intrusive they are.

Reaction Score
To repel you are underrated you don't need to use your middle finger. BTW who said Arizona is underrated, ESPN? She should use her whatever fingers to ESPN.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Fake Black Girl?

ok.gif

That dude is a clown.

Reaction Score
It was just unlucky that a far away camera zoomed in that tight at that moment - I’m sure she thought she was obscured by the huddle. If it was a floor cameraman walking around, she would have been more cognizant of her behavior.

Probably would have been safer to do that in the locker room, but oh well. Non issue to me.

Reaction Score
Lobo is a fan for sure. It doesn’t seem like she roots for UConn. Paige yes, but not the other players.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
You can ask Steve Franklin @MyGuySteve in Twitter about this question.
Why should you have to ask anyone? Her father, Pete Barnes, was an NFL football player. Check it out. He apparently divorced her mother when she was quite young, I know absolutely no details.

Reaction Score
If majority of the BYers think it is OK to use the middle finger and the "f"-bomb, I am OK.

Reaction Score
I'm kinda split on this. I don't have a problem with the use of the finger or the word, but do feel it would have been better in the locker room. As to whether she should apologize, probably not considering what public figures have been allowed to get away with lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom