OT: - Are you older than dirt? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Are you older than dirt?

Reaction Score
A strange thing (in my mind) was being forced to watch Shirley Temple movies on Sunday mornings at my Grandparents house.

Reaction Score
Talking about butch wax, how about Brylcreem and Vitalis.
Don’t forget Top Brass and their commercial with Barbara Feldon lying on the tiger skin rug. I wanna word with all you tigers.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I came across this today. I always wondered where Kilroy came from

A98394A6-029C-424E-9191-072D5D927FFA.jpeg
270ABBB6-6057-469A-BFB4-513081B38FDA.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm so dirty that I will be 70 on June 13th, I remember a lot of stuff like 2 cent and 5 cent deposit gas soda bottles, Chinese Laundries there was Charlie Sing's Laundry on Stratford Ave in Bridgeport, I remember going home for lunch during the school day and walking across the street to school, I remember Religious instruction Tuesdays afternoons during the school day since I went to a Public School (Lincoln School) a bunch of us Catholic kids walked over to the nearby Catholic School (Blessed Sacrament School) to be with the Nuns, it really wasn't that bad being a Bridgeport kid growing up in the 1960's and very early 70's. PS the saddest day when I was kid was the day JFK was shot and seeing Teachers cry.

Reaction Score
Vincent Black Shadow and Ariel Square Four motorcycles. I once rode a Vincent; it could go over 120 mph, but it took a city block and some foot dragging to stop it. I owned a BSA 441 Victor that nearly broke my leg several times with its kick.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The Datril 500 commercials with John Wayne. Datril was the same as Tylenol and came out around the same time.

Reaction Score
The list is wildly out of chronological order. For example, the last episode of Howdy Doody was in 1960, before my time. S&H green stamps were still in service in the 1980's. I've heard of most of the items on the list, but only experienced a handful, like metal lunchboxes, 45's, and drive-ins.

Reaction Score
I lived in Fairfield County so we got all the New York City TV Channels... Here's some TV I watched when I was a Kid
N E S T L E S Nestles makes the very best Chocolate - Danny O'Day and Farple
Sharry Lewis and Lamp Chop
Soupy Sales - Black Tooth and White Fang
Wonderama with Sonny Fox
Out of the western sky files Sky King - his airplane was Song Bird and his niece was Penny
The Sandy Becker Show
Fury- Tv show about a horse
My Friend Flica - Tv Show about a horse
Lets Have Fun - Chuck MCann
The Million Dollar Movie
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Combat
I could go on and on but I won't :)

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I came across this today. I always wondered where Kilroy came from

View attachment 101486 View attachment 101487
Nan,

During Operation Provide Comfort (the Kurdish relief) in Northern Iraq there was a "Kilroy Was Here" scrolled on the wall in the Sirsenk Airport, as well as Saddam Hussein's Northern Palace, I have some of the granite from his palace.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I lived in Fairfield County so we got all the New York City TV Channels... Here's some TV I watched when I was a Kid
N E S T L E S Nestles makes the very best Chocolate - Danny O'Day and Farple
Sharry Lewis and Lamp Chop
Soupy Sales - Black Tooth and White Fang
Wonderama with Sonny Fox
Out of the western sky files Sky King - his airplane was Song Bird and his niece was Penny
The Sandy Becker Show
Fury- Tv show about a horse
My Friend Flica - Tv Show about a horse
Lets Have Fun - Chuck MCann
The Million Dollar Movie
77 Sunset Strip
Hawaiian Eye
Combat
I could go on and on but I won't :)
I'm only 2 years younger, but the only show I watched on your list was Shari Lewis. I do remember others on the list as existing, but we didn't watch them. Of course, we were not big TV watchers, really, when I was younger. As I got older, of course we watched a bunch of '60's comedy and crime shows, but if we are talking about when I was a "kid" the main things I remember are:

• Romper Room
  • Some cartoon with a robot boy - I don't remember the name, but I think on around 4PM when I got home from school
  • Gunsmoke, and maybe something called The Virginian? My folks were also fond of Have Gun Will Travel which was in reruns when I was around, I think.
  • NY Yankees games
  • Army / Navy football game

And honestly that's all I really remember. As I mentioned earlier, Hollywood Palace and Lawrence Welk at my Grandmother's on a Friday night sleepover, which I did from time to time in my early teens.

Reaction Score
I'm only 2 years younger, but the only show I watched on your list was Shari Lewis. I do remember others on the list as existing, but we didn't watch them. Of course, we were not big TV watchers, really, when I was younger. As I got older, of course we watched a bunch of '60's comedy and crime shows, but if we are talking about when I was a "kid" the main things I remember are:

• Romper Room
  • Some cartoon with a robot boy - I don't remember the name, but I think on around 4PM when I got home from school
  • Gunsmoke, and maybe something called The Virginian? My folks were also fond of Have Gun Will Travel which was in reruns when I was around, I think.
  • NY Yankees games

And honestly that's all I really remember. As I mentioned earlier, Hollywood Palace and Lawrence Welk at my Grandmother's on a Friday night sleepover, which I did from time to time in my early teens.

I was always disappointed watching the NY Jets back in them olden days so I became a Eagles fan, I liked the green color.

Most of the show I mentioned were Saturday/Sunday morning shows.

we had a 19 inch black/white TV and sometimes we had to go to the local drug store to test a tube and replace it, no solid state

how the about The Red Skelton Show with his ending remark "Good night and may God bless"?

My favorite show was Then Came Bronson from 1969

We always watched the Dean Martin Show...

I had a grown up taste of TV shows when I was a kid

I watched all the WWII Tv shows The Rat Patrol, Combat, 12 O'Clock High, McCail's Navy, The Gallant Men. Victory at Sea

right now I am enjoying Clark sitting on the bench with 4 fouls and 3 turnovers with the Sun leading the Fever 85 to 67 with 3:16 to go...

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

• Romper Room
  • NY Yankees games

Even as a very young kid, I thought the Magic Mirror was dumb.

B9FB8023-0A50-4531-A266-D940E03DD2BA.jpeg

Reaction Score
May have missed it but how about Mr. Roger's neighborhood? I grew up in Pittsburgh and his show was on there locally before it became more nationally syndicated. Some might not know - but a bit of trivia, Fred Rogers was an ordained Presbyterian minister. I didn't see all the old westerns at the time, like Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Have Gun Will Travel, etc., but my wife and I catch a bunch of them many evenings on INSP (here in Connecticut). Found that channel after seeing virtually every rerun of M*A*S*H on METV.

I had two older sisters and the younger of the two (two years younger than the oldest) would apparently get up every morning and get 'all dressed up for school' and when the eldest headed off for kindergarten she would 'go to school' in front of the tv at Romper Room. As soon as the episodes was over she'd go up and change into her play clothes. There was also a local kid's show named "The Paul Shannon Show" which had a segment with local 'Mickey Mouse Club' kids, my eldest sister was on that once.

Reaction Score
Vincent Black Shadow and Ariel Square Four motorcycles. I once rode a Vincent; it could go over 120 mph, but it took a city block and some foot dragging to stop it. I owned a BSA 441 Victor that nearly broke my leg several times with its kick.
Which is why there are so few Vincents left! People are still finding bits and pieces in the fields around all the roadside corners on the Isle of Mann.

Reaction Score
I am older than God’s puppy. Closer now to 80 than 75.

Andy Griffith? We listened to Fibber, McGee, and Molly on the radio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom