Are we done for 16 recruiting? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Are we done for 16 recruiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did Sedee Keita visit tonight with his Putnam Science teammates? Has UConn shown any interest?

Reaction Score
Did Sedee Keita visit tonight with his Putnam Science teammates? Has UConn shown any interest?

No, he's at Providence. I don't recall us ever really being associated with him. Seems like he'll either end up at PC or Temple.

caw

Reaction Score

Supposedly he is at PC on an official? UConn showed some mild interest a long time ago but I haven't heard anything in a year, but I'm not up on his recruitment.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
UConn never offered Keita. He cut his list down to 7(?) around a month ago.

Reaction Score
No, it seems like some people on this board are trying to be difficult. Additional scholarships are almost certain to open up next year. There are a lot of ways that can potentially happen - transfer, NBA, graduation, giving up basketball to become a nurse. Some on this board are too big of homers to even discuss the possibilities, for purposes of trying to discuss where this class might or should end up, in terms of size.

I'm trying to have real conversation, and abide by the rules of the board. I didn't mention a kid's name in connection with transfer.

This post made me laugh.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't see why it's so wrong to speculate on somebody transferring. It's not like we're making them transfer, but if you think there's a possibility based on some reasoning(correct or not), you should be able to share your opinion. And if you don't like discussing it personally, don't click on the thread, no one made you.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I don't see why it's so wrong to speculate on somebody transferring. It's not like we're making them transfer, but if you think there's a possibility based on some reasoning(correct or not), you should be able to share your opinion. And if you don't like discussing it personally, don't click on the thread, no one made you.

Family members of players are known to check on the BY. It's very bad form to suggest to parents that the fanbase is considering the possibility of their son transferring - it shows that part of the UConn community doesn't value their son being a part of the program.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'd like to see them sign two more players - I think there'll be room.

Reserve one spot for Diallo. If he doesn't reclassify, pocket it. I really like Bruce Brown, but UConn doesn't seen nearly as enamored, so it's Diallo or bust. Very clear they're waiting on Diallo.

I'd like to see the second given to a big. After the second ACL, I'd consider Durham a quasi-2017 recruit - he either redshirts next year or takes his time getting back to action.

There are no pressing needs whatsoever, so Ollie can hang back and see what shakes free between now and the late signing period. (True Calhoun-style recruiting.)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Since it's the one that we're going to be using, here's my opinion - nothing productive or redeeming comes from speculating about a particular player possibly transferring. It's bad for the board, bad for the player and it probably causes natural disasters via the butterfly effect.

We've been at this message board thing for close enough to twenty years and we're good at it - sometimes you just have to accept that things are the way they are.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Vance Jackson to UConn gives us the #3 class for 2016

C

Chief00

And that's a pretty big assumption on your part.

To be clear, I'm not suggesting what I think Cassell will do. I'm just pointing out the fact that he may graduate, and I'm not going to make any assumptions as to what Cassell will do once he graduates.

Can we keep Sam Jr secretary?

Also, you are never, ever done recruiting. There is an assistant coach who learned that from JC when he innocently made a comment about being done for a certain year. He learned never to say that again LOL. Everything is fluid

Reaction Score
Always nice to have an extra schollie for spring period considering there could be another sr transfer. Whether it be a guard if diallo decides to stay put having flexibility is something that makes a ton of sense. Success with Miller and Gibbs this year could be huge in being an attractive destination for these senior transfers until they change the rule

Reaction Score
No way we need more depth and definitely need at least one more guard for next year as we might only have 3 guys there which is kind of thin.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No way we need more depth and definitely need at least one more guard for next year as we might only have 3 guys there which is kind of thin.
So did you mean no way we need more depth or no way, we need more depth? :) I know which way you implied. The remainder of the sentence makes it obvious. But it is interesting what one punctuation mark does to change the meaning.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We won't have a fourth guard or. I think, a pure 2-guard. We can certainly play with 2 point guards and have Sam back them both up, but I don't think it is ideal.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if we weren't active in the 5th year transfer market again. KO should be able to sell a big man and/or SG (if hamidou doesn't end up in the class) on being the missing piece.
Definitely agree that KO might be reaching in the 5th year transfer market as we aren't really high on the list of most the remaining big recruits. Also, we would be be really young so a couple 5th year srs. will help balance the class and give the underclassmen leadership.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if we weren't active in the 5th year transfer market again. KO should be able to sell a big man and/or SG (if hamidou doesn't end up in the class) on being the missing piece.
I thought the NCAA was doing away with the 5th year transfer rule. Or was this just talk and nothing has happened yet?

Reaction Score
I thought the NCAA was doing away with the 5th year transfer rule. Or was this just talk and nothing has happened yet?

There was talk but I don't think anything has been decided as of yet.

Reaction Score
I'd like to see them sign two more players - I think there'll be room.

Reserve one spot for Diallo. If he doesn't reclassify, pocket it. I really like Bruce Brown, but UConn doesn't seen nearly as enamored, so it's Diallo or bust. Very clear they're waiting on Diallo.

I'd like to see the second given to a big. After the second ACL, I'd consider Durham a quasi-2017 recruit - he either redshirts next year or takes his time getting back to action.

There are no pressing needs whatsoever, so Ollie can hang back and see what shakes free between now and the late signing period. (True Calhoun-style recruiting.)

I really don't think we need another big. In 2016-17 we'll have Facey, Brimah, Enoch, Diarra, and Durham. Even without Durham, Facey and Brimah will start with Enoch and Diarra backing them up. Unless we can get Diallo to reclassify, I'm confident we are done for 2016.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I really don't think we need another big. In 2016-17 we'll have Facey, Brimah, Enoch, Diarra, and Durham. Even without Durham, Facey and Brimah will start with Enoch and Diarra backing them up. Unless we can get Diallo to reclassify, I'm confident we are done for 2016.
A lot of us are hoping Brimah shows big improvement in his game over last season. If that happens and UConn does well in the NCAA's it's possible Brimah will be gone.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
There was talk but I don't think anything has been decided as of yet.
If we win a natty it will become a priority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom