Are we done for 16 recruiting? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Are we done for 16 recruiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The way things are going I like we're they stand now and they can be very patient unless a gift shows up. I mean there's always the 5th year wire if still available and if successful again with Gibbs and Miller we could become "5th Year U" as long as they continue to allow them to play right away.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The way things are going I like we're they stand now and they can be very patient unless a gift shows up. I mean there's always the 5th year wire if still available and if successful again with Gibbs and Miller we could become "5th Year U" as long as they continue to allow them to play right away.
I definitely like that UConn is becoming, and gaining the reputation as, one of the major landing spots for 5th year transfers. They are like one-and-dones except with 4 years of college basketball experience which is incredibly invaluable.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm hoping Diallo is UConn bound and he's waiting to make his decision about 16 or 17 depending on what happens with Rodney's decision.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping Diallo is UConn bound and he's waiting to make his decision about 16 or 17 depending on what happens with Rodney's decision.
Don't think Rodney's decision has any impact on Diallo.

Reaction Score
Another thing that helps with Diallo if he reclassifies is that if Kentucky gets Fox and Monk they would virtually be eliminated most likely

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yes, hang on to the last scholarship for if Diallo reclassifies or a major de-commit comes along

Reaction Score
We still have a scholarship to give assuming no one leaves where we might have more. We couldn't possibly be done. We could use another ball handler/guard. Diallo reclass would be great but we might need one more backup guard as well. And we will probably end up with room for one.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
OK - I just realized this and it's really weird yet cool. Vance Jackson committed on my wife's birthday. Juwan Durham committed on my birthday. Sterling Gibbs committed on our anniversary. Seems we get a commit every time I get laid!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
OK - I just realized this and it's really weird yet cool. Vance Jackson committed on my wife's birthday. Juwan Durham committed on my birthday. Sterling Gibbs committed on our anniversary. Seems we get a commit every time I get laid!
Does this mean I should make the case again that the spotted dick be this seasons mojo.:cool:

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Or did you mean MAUny?

I think he meant "for real" for those three times a year, not the Mau one-handed method. I could be wrong. Don't want to "short-change" the mojo.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
So only three times over the last four months?

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if we weren't active in the 5th year transfer market again. KO should be able to sell a big man and/or SG (if hamidou doesn't end up in the class) on being the missing piece.
Was just gonna post this. When we "only" (derp) had Jalen and Enoch on board this time last year, everyone was all worried. Then KO put in the work he did in the transfer market, and now we have one of the best teams in the country position-by-position. I see him adding one, maybe two more guy(s) via transfer.

Reaction Score
So only three times over the last four months?
Maybe he really means a certain kind of lay wifey saves for special occasions that he won't detail too greatly on a public forum ;)

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score

Gives new meaning to the term 'kasongoed'.

Reaction Score
So we have a pretty solid group of four. As others have pointed out, we could useva guard. Does a good class help bring in others or hurt? I really don't know. I'm hoping this solid core of players helps darw in another solid player.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How did Michigan's Fab 5 compare to our 2016? Were they 5 stars? I know Jackson was lower.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
How did Michigan's Fab 5 compare to our 2016? We're they 5 stars. I know Jackson was lower.

Fab Five:
#1, Chris Webber
#3, Juwan Howard
#6, Jalen Rose
#9, Jimmy King
#84, Ray Jackson

Jackson was the only one not on in McDonald's All-American game. Right now, ESPN has us at #28, 37, 49, and 88. You could argue the rankings, but Michigan's class was just ridiculous and our current class doesn't compare. Four Top 10 guys is something I don't think we will ever do (the top end guys usually aren't in right kind of guy for the UConn profile), but we've seen comparable classes recently (at least in terms of rankings) from UK and Duke ('14 class was #1, 4, 15, 21).

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Do think we're done with the 16 class for the foreseeable future ... there's always a kid that blows up and comes in late in the class and/or grad transfers depending on need. Only thing that worries me is Purvis and/or Brimah going pro - those would be tough replacements. Not to get ahead of ourselves, but the 17 class is going to be even better. Man am I excited to see that class.

Reaction Score
Yeah if Brimah, Purvis, and Hamilton all leave we need to sign 1 more kid in spring. If all 3 of them leave our team would be..
Guards: Gilbert, Adams, Cassell, Larrier
Forwards: Jackson, Diarra, Facey
Centers: Durham, Enoch
We'd need one more G/F.

Reaction Score
Fab Five:
#1, Chris Webber
#3, Juwan Howard
#6, Jalen Rose
#9, Jimmy King
#84, Ray Jackson

Jackson was the only one not on in McDonald's All-American game. Right now, ESPN has us at #28, 37, 49, and 88. You could argue the rankings, but Michigan's class was just ridiculous and our current class doesn't compare. Four Top 10 guys is something I don't think we will ever do (the top end guys usually aren't in right kind of guy for the UConn profile), but we've seen comparable classes recently (at least in terms of rankings) from UK and Duke ('14 class was #1, 4, 15, 21).
Duke's on the verge of another if they get Giles & Bolden (and they're strong favorites for both).

#1, Harry Giles (PF)
#2, Jason Tatum (SF)
#14, Frank Jackson (PG)
#20, Marques Bolden (C)
#44, Javin Delaurier (PF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics