Are we done for 16 recruiting? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Are we done for 16 recruiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Duke's on the verge of another if they get Giles & Bolden (and they're strong favorites for both).

#1, Harry Giles (PF)
#2, Jason Tatum (SF)
#14, Frank Jackson (PG)
#20, Marques Bolden (C)
#44, Javin Delaurier (PF)

Agreed. In terms of the Fab 5 stuff though there will never be anything like it again in my opinion. Kids move to the pro's too fast. UK and Duke churn out these huge talented classes but they never see more than one season together. What those 5 did at UM for two years (and the years after Webber) were special. Giles and Tatum will be gone after one year, along with maybe one or two others. They won't build history as a class - the kids are all about getting to the NBA as fast as possible. When people talk about 'great recruiting classes' now, it's all about stars and not about what they will accomplish together. That's why our 11 class - Shabazz, Olander, Niels, along with Lamb, Smith and Wolf - will always be a 'great' class in my mind. The next class of Drummond, Daniels, and Boat was a higher rated and "better" class, but to me they were equally great because of what Napier, Boat, Olander, Giffey, and Daniels accomplished here together. They certainly accomplished more than some of Kentucky's touted classes.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Was just gonna post this. When we "only" (derp) had Jalen and Enoch on board this time last year, everyone was all worried. Then KO put in the work he did in the transfer market, and now we have one of the best teams in the country position-by-position. I see him adding one, maybe two more guy(s) via transfer.

Unless the NCAA decides to forbid it. A real possibility.

Reaction Score
Agreed. In terms of the Fab 5 stuff though there will never be anything like it again in my opinion. Kids move to the pro's too fast. UK and Duke churn out these huge talented classes but they never see more than one season together. What those 5 did at UM for two years (and the years after Webber) were special.
1000% agree. Though it's worth saying that I don't think the Fab 5 would've existed, or had the cultural impact that they did, if not for Georgetown in the '80s.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
1000% agree. Though it's worth saying that I don't think the Fab 5 would've existed, or had the cultural impact that they did, if not for Georgetown in the '80s.

Why is that? Simply because GT was such a power? The Ewing/Mourning teams etc?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If Brimah and Hamilton stay, we're all set. That leaves us with Adams, Gilbert, Cassell, and Larrier at guard. Hamilton, Jackson, Diarra, Facey, and Durham at forward. Then Brimah and Enoch at center. That's a solid squad.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If Brimah and Hamilton stay, we're all set. That leaves us with Adams, Gilbert, Cassell, and Larrier at guard. Hamilton, Jackson, Diarra, Facey, and Durham at forward. Then Brimah and Enoch at center. That's a solid squad.
larrier at guard?

Reaction Score
Yes I see Larrier as a shooting guard. He was introduced at First Night as a guard.
TL is more of a small forward due to lack of dribbling ability to create his own shot.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Yes I see Larrier as a shooting guard. He was introduced at First Night as a guard.
They list Larrier as a Guard/Forward just as they list Hamilton. Do you consider Hamilton a guard? Larrier is a three and I highly doubt he'll ever play the two position. He's not a guard. There are not a lot of 6'8" guards in the NCAA.

Reaction Score
TL is more of a small forward due to lack of dribbling ability to create his own shot.
Gotta disagree here. Larrier will probably play more small forward than shooting guard, but it won't be due to his lack of dribbling ability - he def has the handle and dribbling ability to create his own shot.

Example 1:
7ioGXrc.gif

Example 2:
ivQ8bJ4.gif

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Come on man. Larrier isn't going to play a single possession at shooting guard.

Respectfully disagree. I think our 2016-17 lineup sees Adams at PG. Larrier at SG. Hamilton at SF. Facey at PF and Brimah at C.

Reaction Score
Respectfully disagree. I think our 2016-17 lineup sees Adams at PG. Larrier at SG. Hamilton at SF. Facey at PF and Brimah at C.

Can't say I watched every VCU game last year, but I'm pretty confident that Larrier didn't see any minutes at SG there. And now he's joining a program and coach that won a National Championship with two small guards on the floor at once, and also happens to have Jalen Adams and Alterique Gilbert in the fold for next year.

The guards on next year's team will be some combination of Adams, Purvis, Gilbert, Cassell, and hopefully Diallo or someone similar to Diallo. Larrier will play exclusively at the 3 or 4. He has never played shooting guard before and certainly isn't going to start playing shooting guard at UConn.

Reaction Score

I don't expect Hamilton or Brimah to be at UConn in 2016-2017. I think the starting lineup will be Adams, Diallo, Larrier, Jackson and Facey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom