April recruiting thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

April recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I would also be thrilled... but not Surprised!!
I’ve heard too much praise placed on these recruits before they even set foot on campus. i believe Patterson was the #5 recruit coming out of high school. All I heard about was her terrific vertical leap and a dunker with ease. Let’s wait until they at least get on campus before we anoint them as the next Stewie.

Reaction Score
I think Sarah Strong might leave the Carolinas and end up at LSU. From what I’ve seen on her socials, they seem to be the favorite.

Reaction Score
I think Sarah Strong might leave the Carolinas and end up at LSU. From what I’ve seen on her socials, they seem to be the favorite.
That would suck, I can’t think of any recruit I want more. Gotta trust Geno though.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I don't know of any UConn interest in Robinson to this point.
Morgan Valley is following her

BEC7AF80-0B1F-4470-9C76-0CC543A05E80.jpeg

Reaction Score
That would suck, I can’t think of any recruit I want more. Gotta trust Geno though.
Of course that’s only a prediction. If she hasn’t, I hope she takes an Official and is wowed.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
2026 Sanai Green (6-0 SF) just got an offer from Florida. Other offers mentioned on her Twitter page, backwards in timeline order:

Providence
Alabama
Miami
Texas A&M
Tennessee
Kentucky
St John’s
Florida State
Virginia Tech
Virginia
Syracuse
Mississippi State

Reaction Score
I think that is true, shooting is relatively weak, but I do see a little of Rodman in her like BobbyJ and I think with her mobility and good handles she might be kind of a garbage scorer with a decent percentage on very close range shots.

Her quickness, height and ability to elevate makes her a midrange nightmare. Bueckers never gets a lot of ft's because she has alternatives to driving into a defender. Those 6-10' shots are always there for a player who can elevate and has the quickness to get to a hole in the defense.

Reaction Score
Agreed............I'm tired of watching UConn's skilled but undersized players get mauled under the basket..........Strong's physical presence and skills are a gamechanger.........that said I'd be thrilled but surprised if Geno could bring her to Storrs

People point at her father's tie to NCSt. That also means that he can appreciate what is being taught at UConn. The "old school tie" often isn't as strong as some think.

Reaction Score
People point at her father's tie to NCSt. That also means that he can appreciate what is being taught at UConn. The "old school tie" often isn't as strong as some think.
She's certainly playing her recruitment close to the vest which is certainly her prerogative...........I certainly hope you're right but I have a feeling this is one big fish that got away.......that said I've been wrong before......happily..........

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Reports say UConn has contacted Nos. 1 & 3.
I think you mean UConn is tracking them. Coaches can’t approach freshmen except to send them an NCAA approved introductory letter

Division I women’s basketball NCAA recruiting rules​

• Any time: Athletes can receive non-recruiting materials from college coaches, such as questionnaires, camp brochures, nonathletic institutional publications and NCAA educational materials published by the NCAA. Unofficial visits are also permitted.
  • Verbal offers: There are no restrictions on when coaches can extend verbal offers to recruits.
  • September 1 of junior year: Coaches can send electronic communications to athletes, including texts, instant messages, emails and recruiting materials. According to NCAA rules, coaches can call athletes an unlimited number of times at this time.
  • March 1 of junior year: NCAA recruiting rules allow coaches to conduct off-campus contact at the athlete’s school or residence. No off-campus contact is allowed on the day of a recruit’s game. Coaches are not permitted to contact athletes during school hours on school days.
  • April of junior year starting the Thursday following the NCAA Women’s Final Four®: Recruits can begin taking up to five official visits, except during the dead periods.
  • After an athlete has signed a National Letter of Intent, they are no longer subject to NCAA restrictions.

Last edited:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Reports say UConn has contacted Nos. 1 & 3.

UConn has shown interest in Jackson, Vukosa (who visited Storrs), Abii, Crittendon, Desouze, Green, Harping, Lewis, and Ragone.

As noted by others, Morgan Valley has "liked" content by Robinson and Cosgriff.

Reaction Score
I think you mean UConn is tracking them. Coaches can’t approach freshmen except to send them an NCAA approved introductory letter

A letter is contact as I used the word in my post. I agree not all contact is allowed but some contact is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom