April recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

April recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If Toby Fournier is the last player we get in the ‘24 class, I’ll be completely fine with that.

Stewie-lite is the best way I can describe her. She is a work horse on both ends of the floor and will make some Coach really happy.

Reaction Score
Kk and Toby are 2 of the most impressive players in this game so far, NGL. I also like Booker and Donovan a lot. Not sure I get the Williams and Hidalgo hype.

Reaction Score

That's why I've been talking about her recently. Tough, relentless, and impacts the game in many ways. From getting out and easily staying with wings on D to nullifying 6-6 Del Rosario inside. And non stop on the O-boards. She just finds ways to score. And how many fouls does she draw? A female Dennis Rodman without the baggage. Sign her up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Uh, no.

Strong, Berry, Smith, and Carlton are still out there.
I’m just being a realist. With Ziebell and Cheli already committed, I don’t know how likely it is we get Berry or Smith. I also don’t know how likely it is that Strong leaves the Carolinas or Carlton leaves Texas.

I’m all for “the more, the merrier”, but after today, Fournier is at the top of my list. Easily the best player on the floor against an older class than hers and the best the US had to offer.

Reaction Score
Uh, no.

Strong, Berry, Smith, and Carlton are still out there.
I agree with you. While Fournier did show a lot of ability (runs the floor well, blocks shots and rebounds well), she doesn't shoot very well from more than 10 feet from the basket (4 of 10 free throws. A couple of terrible misses from 15 ft.)

Reaction Score
I agree with you. While Fournier did show a lot of ability (runs the floor well, blocks shots and rebounds well), she doesn't shoot very well from more than 10 feet from the basket (4 of 10 free throws. A couple of terrible misses from 15 ft.)
I think that is true, shooting is relatively weak, but I do see a little of Rodman in her like BobbyJ and I think with her mobility and good handles she might be kind of a garbage scorer with a decent percentage on very close range shots.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think that is true, shooting is relatively weak, but I do see a little of Rodman in her like BobbyJ and I think with her mobility and good handles she might be kind of a garbage scorer with a decent percentage on very close range shots.
Or a Gabby Williams who builds her shooting from inside to outside, while being a defensive pest from the paint to the arc.

Reaction Score
Not every player on the floor has to take/make those shots. Gabby and Aaliyah are examples of improving as you move along, it’s something that she can develop.

In terms of hustle, rebounding, defense, running the floor, speed, she had advantage over any of the other Forwards UConn are looking at. This game made me a believer.

Reaction Score
To my eyes, Toby is a rough diamond. That needs polishing and Geno is the right coach to do it. Her upside is ridiculously high (with the right coaching)...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

I wasn't suggesting those players over Fournier who I like quite a bit. I'm saying no to just one more player.

Fournier is raw offensively but has some great tools to work with and gives maximum effort.

Reaction Score
I like Fournier a lot, even with her poor shooting. She manages to score inside, she’s a ball hawk and a fierce defender. And in game tapes, it’s clear she carries her team — that’s an important quality and an unusual one. She’s not afraid of the pressure.

I also really like Strong for similar reasons, and she may be an even better rebounder and passer and have more court savvy. Either one would be great gets, but the pair would become the core of a tremendous team going forward. And I share the opinion of some that she maybe willing to go away from the Carolinas.

Reaction Score
If Toby Fournier is the last player we get in the ‘24 class, I’ll be completely fine with that.

Stewie-lite is the best way I can describe her. She is a work horse on both ends of the floor and will make some Coach really happy.

This is the best I've seen her play since she came on the scene. Definitely easier to see the development compared to OSBA and AAU where the teams she's faced were inconsistent competition-wise.

How she defended Del Rosario erases my concerns about strength. Once that outside shot becomes more consistent, ooooh boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom