April recruiting thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

April recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
17U WPA Tipoff standouts:

24′ C Kate Koval – Exodus NYC EYBL / Long Island Lutheran (NY): The level of activity from Koval this weekend was rather impressive. Continuing to elevate her production and efficacy on the court, the LuHi product made shot after shot in the paint under circumstances of heavy traffic. She brought physicality and touch to finish over shot-blockers, but more noticeable was how fluid and present she was in transition. Koval’s overall play separated her significantly from the other bigs at the event..

25′ ZaKiyah Johnson – WV Thunder UAA / Sacred Heart Academy (KY): Shot selection or usage weren’t rushed, but Johnson hit from everywhere this weekend. Tailoring the game to her matchups, she stayed adaptable and knocked down shots as they presented themselves. The defensive end wasn’t any different, as Johnson provided effective and timely rotations to contest shots, clog passing lanes and tie up ball-handlers..

26′ G Jordyn Jackson – Team Takeover EYBL / Sidwell Friends (DC): Jackson’s continued emergence as an elite prospect in the 26′ class was evident in Pittsburgh. Relentlessly attacked the paint OTD, fought through contact and kept her dribble alive with counter moves to get shots off and draw fouls. Offensive focus was highlighted by strong awareness off-ball and cutting behind the backline to put home layups. Also brought home a lot of value cleaning up the defensive glass and initiating the break herself..

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
16U WPA Tipoff standouts:

25′ F Zaniah Zellous – WV Thunder UAA / George Washington (WV): Physicality was highly impactful for Zellous on the court. Successful in securing prime paint positions with shots in the air, she was very competitive on the glass. Likewise her ability to pull defenders out to the perimeter and consistently attack OTD or battle inside frequently produced positive outcomes for her team..

26′ C Olivia Vukosa – Philly Rise EYBL / Christ the King (NY): Despite strictly operating around the paint in the halfcourt, Vukosa put on a show in shot creation and selection. Feeling defensive matchups well, she altered between post moves, turn-around jumpers and a face-up game capable of taking most front-court opponents OTD. She flashed glimpses of playmaking potential in the open floor, as well as her range of coverage defensively..

Reaction Score
17U WPA Tipoff standouts:

24′ C Kate Koval – Exodus NYC EYBL / Long Island Lutheran (NY): The level of activity from Koval this weekend was rather impressive. Continuing to elevate her production and efficacy on the court, the LuHi product made shot after shot in the paint under circumstances of heavy traffic. She brought physicality and touch to finish over shot-blockers, but more noticeable was how fluid and present she was in transition. Koval’s overall play separated her significantly from the other bigs at the event..

25′ ZaKiyah Johnson – WV Thunder UAA / Sacred Heart Academy (KY): Shot selection or usage weren’t rushed, but Johnson hit from everywhere this weekend. Tailoring the game to her matchups, she stayed adaptable and knocked down shots as they presented themselves. The defensive end wasn’t any different, as Johnson provided effective and timely rotations to contest shots, clog passing lanes and tie up ball-handlers..

26′ G Jordyn Jackson – Team Takeover EYBL / Sidwell Friends (DC): Jackson’s continued emergence as an elite prospect in the 26′ class was evident in Pittsburgh. Relentlessly attacked the paint OTD, fought through contact and kept her dribble alive with counter moves to get shots off and draw fouls. Offensive focus was highlighted by strong awareness off-ball and cutting behind the backline to put home layups. Also brought home a lot of value cleaning up the defensive glass and initiating the break herself..

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Does anyone think we have a good shot in getting Sara Strong? I know her dad, Danny Strong was an elite player for NCState men, and he is pretty good friends with Wes Moore. This is one girl I think would make our 24 class complete.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
Does anyone think we have a good shot in getting Sara Strong? I know her dad, Danny Strong was an elite player for NCState men, and he is pretty good friends with Wes Moore. This is one girl I think would make our 24 class complete.
Danny Strong is not Sarah Strong's most accomplished parent in terms of basketball or academics ...

Reaction Score

I think her mom is a really good friends with Ashley Battle

Reaction Score
Did anyone just watch the EYBL match up between Kia Nurse Elite and NYC Exodus? Good match up with Kia Nurse team winning 56-53.

Fournier and Koval battling was fun to watch. Personally, I don't think there was a clear cut winner between the two, however Fournier had some impressive blocks against Koval.

Reaction Score
I have no idea, but I don't think getting Strong would mean we are done. We are probably looking at Strong, Carlton and Fournier at the 4. If we get one of those we probably would stop pursuing the other two 4 prospects, although Fournier might be considered for the 5. Regardless a true C is on the wish list, particularly after Betts decision, where Koval and Tac seem to be the only top options. Also a PG could be pursued and Berry and Heckel are possibilities there.

Since there are three PF prospects we could probably be happy with, I am cautiously optimistic we get one of them, but with fewer options at C and PG, getting another player at one or both of those positions is more problematic. Paige's intentions beyond this year could significantly affect the pursuit of the guards.

Reaction Score
Did anyone just watch the EYBL match up between Kia Nurse Elite and NYC Exodus? Good match up with Kia Nurse team winning 56-53.

Fournier and Koval battling was fun to watch. Personally, I don't think there was a clear cut winner between the two, however Fournier had some impressive blocks against Koval.
Yes, when 6-2 is quick and can really jump and 6-5 barely gets off the floor that will happen often. BTW, where were you able to watch this game?

Reaction Score
Yes, when 6-2 is quick and can really jump and 6-5 barely gets off the floor that will happen often. BTW, where were you able to watch this game?

EYBL streams their games live online. Either through the link pasted below or on their Twitch account. The link below takes you to the main page where you can view schedules, stats, etc.

If you want to catch a replay, it would be via Twitch when games are over for the day. You'll have to scroll backwards a fair bit (hope that makes sense).

Reaction Score
Danny Strong is not Sarah Strong's most accomplished parent in terms of basketball or academics ...
Time to recheck that Harvard vs Stanford, # 1 vs #16 NCAA tournament game. That was
a great one! It was also played at "the Farm". !!! Allison Feaster was a competitor! Go
Sarah, be like Mom!! Be a Huskie, Sarah!!

Reaction Score
Kate Koval has some moves that are reminiscent of Stef Dolson and Jayne Appel. I hope Geno is able to persuade her to come to UCONN.
I also see a little bit of Czinano in her. When you get the ball just a quick decisive move to the basket. Kate is bigger of course.

Reaction Score

Today is the first day of the April evaluation period. There’s a good probability that one or more members of the UConn coaching staff saw the game at the Boo Williams Girls Nike Invitational tournament.

Toby Fournier scored 18 points on 70% (7-10) shooting. She also had 7 rebounds. Fournier’s free-throw shooting was only 57.1% (4-7), though.

Kate Koval scored 16 points, and she had 13 rebounds.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno at The Clash/Select 40 event in Cincinnati today. I’ll leave it to others to figure out which player or players he’s watching.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Looks like the bright bulbs at Twitter have messed with the ability to use the search function again. Not sure how others are finding live info, but I'm in the dark at the moment.

Reaction Score
Allison was a grest threet for then Union Sportive Valenciennes Orchies that became US valenciennes Olympics before disappearing -They won 2 EuroLeagues with Allison - If I remember well, she then played for a number of spanish teams

I was living 50 miles from Valencienne, so I was cheering for them, but my own games kept me from watching them live

Sandrine Gruda was on the junior team at the time

Reaction Score
Looks like the bright bulbs at Twitter have messed with the ability to use the search function again. Not sure how others are finding live info, but I'm in the dark at the moment.
Had the same problem. It’s best to make an account if you don’t have one, should have no problems after that.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Had the same problem. It’s best to make an account if you don’t have one, should have no problems after that.

Why would anyone need to have an account to search Twitter? It's inane.

At least I know it's not just me. I'm holding out hope this isn't permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom