April recruiting thread | Page 15 | The Boneyard

April recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

For those people that think HS rankings are really important, this kid is a good example of how much attention a top coach like Auriemma pays to them. ESPN's extensive research has them thinking that there are 16 guards in the 2025 class better than Skinner. She's not even in their top 25. Laughable. IMO, there isn't 16 in the '24 and '25 classes combined better than her. And if it's because they haven't seen her or know who she is, that's on them and shows how unreliable their listings can be. The smartest programs find these types of players on their own with their eyes and their own sources.

Reaction Score
Is Ice Brady as good as Strong at the same age?
IMO, Brady as a HS Jr. was a different player. Brady was every bit as good with her footwork, shooting, using both hands, and using her body. Strong is a good shooter, and probably a better ballhandler and passer. Both were/are very good rebounders. Defense was/is about equal. So very comparable but different.

Reaction Score

Interesting. She does a good job of always moving, using her body, and as needed, flexing her arm to always get a layup off. Perhaps she could tutor a current UConn forward I know.

Reaction Score
Hard to be disappointed...
What a duo! Of course, sharpshooters... but quick and scrappy, Those passes have
the look of vintage UCONN Huskie passes...." Everybody Eats..."....... It is going to be a FEST in
Storrs!!

Reaction Score
Interesting. She does a good job of always moving, using her body, and as needed, flexing her arm to always get a layup off. Perhaps she could tutor a current UConn forward I know.
I agree with your observation but IMO, much of what she does can’t be taught. It’s kind of a confluence of quickness, flexibility, hops, and especially instincts coming together to allow her to invent or ad lib what’s needed at the moment. She has somewhat unorthodox but unique talent that’s fun to watch. And I’d like to watch her at UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom