AP Poll - Week 7 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 7

MJ1

Reaction Score
???? we were talking about "player of the week" not "player of the year"

My bad. Senior moment.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it doesn't look like Purdue is losing this year. Their next real challenge is probably @ OSU next year.

1671534872350.png

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He's like that Iranian guy who was stuck in the Paris Airport for a couple decades. Waquoit has never left the Civic Center.
Says the incel. I just go to games, putting me in the minority here that knows what he's talking about.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Spoiled brats. Geez let it happen who cares about Purdue and who's #1 on the 19th of December. Let's keep winning games it will all take care of itself if we do.

I've said this before when I was buying the paper years and years ago hoping to see UCONN in the "Others receiving votes" in the AP Top 20 poll. Now we're 2nd and people are whining. If our guys are that good the time will come, and it's best ini April anyway not now. Relax!
I can remember my dad cutting the rankings out and mailing them to me with Connecticut circled in the others receiving votes.

Reaction Score
Here are the next 5 games for Purdue, pretty likely that they drop at least one of them.

Screenshot 2022-12-20 at 11.08.07 AM.png

Reaction Score
I can remember my dad cutting the rankings out and mailing them to me with Connecticut circled in the others receiving votes.

Not sure why I liked this as I could be your dad? LOL

Reaction Score
It's early but....

The overall No. 1 seed is not an easy call.

Purdue has gotten off to a great start with dominant wins over Duke and Gonzaga in the Phil Knight Legacy last month. However, the Boilermakers struggled to win their last two games, an overtime win at Nebraska and an eight-point win over Davidson in Indianapolis. Despite having the early leader for national player of the year in Zach Edey, Purdue's offense is unstoppable only if the Boilers are hitting their 3-pointers. In the games in which Purdue has shot 33% or better from beyond the arc, they have averaged 82.3 ppg. That number falls to 68.0 ppg when the 3-point percentage is less than that, which is what happened in the Boilers' last two games.

UConn is also off to a tremendous start. Like Purdue, the Huskies were unranked to start the season, but they have steamrolled their opposition so far and risen to No. 2 in the polls. Also like Purdue last season, they are splitting time between two centers – 6-foot-9 junior Adama Sanogo and 7-2 freshman Donovan Clingan. They are a better defensive team than last season's Boilermakers and that is a big reason why the Huskies have laid waste to their opponents so far this season. They have a 15-point win over Alabama and a 21-point victory at Florida that was not as close as the score would indicate. All twelve of their wins have come by double digits.

Because of the more dominant performance by UConn against its schedule, I have the Huskies as the overall No.1, with Purdue at No. 2.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Which is hilarious given how much PU fans seem to point to scheduling
No kidding! I'm still in Myrtle Beach at the World of Beer and the bartender is wearing a Purdue hoodie. I say, "Hey, we're rivals! I'm a UConn fan and we're 1 and 2." He actually said, "I consider it just us as 1". Then he starts talking about all the teams they beat. And how they go 10 deep. Heh.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
No kidding! I'm still in Myrtle Beach at the World of Beer and the bartender is wearing a Purdue hoodie. I say, "Hey, we're rivals! I'm a UConn fan and we're 1 and 2." He actually said, "I consider it just us as 1". Then he starts talking about all the teams they beat. And how they go 10 deep. Heh.
Should we assume no tip?

Reaction Score
We were #1 from December 1st to Feb 10th uninterrupted for 9 weeks straight in 99. It’s not so much like that
Also, that Duke team would do unspeakable things to this Purdue team. They were a Melvin Levett dunk in the Alaska Shootout from being undefeated going into that title game.

Of course, we were a Rip/Jake injury from going into that game with one weird loss ourselves...

Reaction Score
We were #1 from December 1st to Feb 10th uninterrupted for 9 weeks straight in 99. It’s not so much like that
I remember. I was alluding to the idea of being one or two for the rest of the season as Duke and we were back in '99.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Edey out for tonight's game vs New Orleans (#358 in NET). Two pt PU lead thru first 10 mins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom