AP Poll - Week 7 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 7

Reaction Score
Coaches Poll - 2nd with 7 first place votes. Kansas gets a vote!

1671472688041.png

Reaction Score
Purdue has more things to worry about apart from losing their #1 ranking. I just looked at their box score and their bench scored 1 point. They are probably an injury or a few tough B1G games away from dropping out of the top 5, maybe even top 10. We just need to take care of our business.

Reaction Score
Boum is fantastic. All season.
for sure! i'm a big fan of his game. he might also be a real problem for uconn when we play xavier. i just don't know if you can give him player of the week over sanogo in a week where xavier played southern university and georgetown.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
for sure! i'm a big fan of his game. he might also be a real problem for uconn when we play xavier. i just don't know if you can give him player of the week over sanogo in a week where xavier played southern university and georgetown.

I said to my friend @8893 last night via text that the Xavier game is the one I have circled. They are incredible offensively, so is our D. Xavier is not great Defensively and our offense rates high, but if they can hang a bunch of points on us early, (which they seem capable of) it will put us in a position we havent been tested at yet. X worries me more than Nova and Creighton.

Reaction Score
I said to my friend @8893 last night via text that the Xavier game is the one I have circled. They are incredible offensively, so is our D. Xavier is not great Defensively and our offense rates high, but if they can hang a bunch of points on us early, (which they seem capable of) it will put us in a position we havent been tested at yet. X worries me more than Nova and Creighton.
agreed. they have a pick-and-pop combo with boum and nunge that i think could be really difficult for our team to guard. then you have colby jones (who is an nba player) and freemantle (who could give karaban fits) to worry about on top of that. scary team offensively.

Reaction Score
I agree with that. It's hard to see a really defensive-minded team taking UConn down because UConn is happy to have a rockfight and will probably do it better. Xavier can fill it up quick. While they have 5 players averaging double digit points, the drop-off to their bench is also quite severe.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Same. Boum is the real deal and the five starters are playing like what people were predicting from Creighton starters this season.

Glad you're in touch with 8893, He's definitely very popular in this forum and one of my favorites. But at this juncture his absence could even be more significant than Hurley's underwear for the UConn mojo. Tough call.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I agree that of the BE teams, Xavier has the best shot to get us, with Marquette and Nova tied for 2nd. Creighton I have no idea at this point.
Xavier has the 2nd highest 3p% in the country, so they are capable of having one of those games where they go off from 3 and keep it close with us or even nick us at home. However, our defense is just too good. We are 12th in the country for 3p% defense. We can turn them over a bit and outrebound them, and we could easily put up 80+ on their defense. They're going to need Nunge/Freemantle to at least negate our frontline's production in addition to the rest of the squad making a bunch of 3s.
If we're at relatively full strength (and have Samson back by 12/31), we're just a handful for even them.

It's really amazing how many things have to go wrong for us to lose a game right now.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I agree with that. It's hard to see a really defensive-minded team taking UConn down because UConn is happy to have a rockfight and will probably do it better. Xavier can fill it up quick. While they have 5 players averaging double digit points, the drop-off to their bench is also quite severe.

Yup.

X will have to go into halftime with a very healthy lead (which they can do and it will maybe make us mentally press). They aren't beating us in a back and forth close game under 10 minutes in 2nd half. They will be gassed by then. There are zero complaints from me this season, we've never even trailed in 2nd half this year. But we don't start on fire either. Butler and Florida etc...... We just hit them hard on first sub in first half, and deflate them physically with our depth in 2nd.

Some team needs to jump us. Few can. X can. But they might not be able to guard us either.

Reaction Score
It's still December.... I don't think we need to be bickering about 1,2 or 3.... at this point. If we stay the Couse. We will be a number #1 seed come May Madness... And then from there that's when we need the boys to finish the job

Reaction Score
It's still December.... I don't think we need to be bickering about 1,2 or 3.... at this point. If we stay the Couse. We will be a number #1 seed come May Madness... And then from there that's when we need the boys to finish the job

Reaction Score
Has Houston ahead. I get it, they're very good, but still think it's pretty dumb.
Have Houston jump both of us! I'd be annoyed, but it's consistent. Purdue is playing worse against worse teams, though, so to only jump over the team that a) beat the team that beat Houston at home, and b) hasn't played a game within single digits, makes no sense.

Reaction Score
agreed. they have a pick-and-pop combo with boum and nunge that i think could be really difficult for our team to guard. then you have colby jones (who is an nba player) and freemantle (who could give karaban fits) to worry about on top of that. scary team offensively.
Oooh! I like it. I like it a lot. Now we`re talking. Everything cant be a blow out for us. Or can it?

Reaction Score
There is no talk about St. John’s and their chances to upset us? They lost once only.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom