AP Poll - Week 7 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AP Poll - Week 7

Reaction Score
You stole my title lol so I'll just post my weekly update here:

Voters are being extra stringy today. I think us twitter folk scared them from releasing their ballots early. Regardless, here's where we stand so far...

Last week’s ranking in parentheses, and a * means flipped from Purdue to UConn

Borges: 1* (3)
Collier: 1* (3)
Berman: 2 (3)
Rothstein: 2 (3)
Golden: 2 (3)

Assuming we hold all 15 of our first place votes, we’re now at 17. Purdue is at 25. Net gain of +4 for us.

UVA had 19 first place votes. We need 14 of their 19 votes, or more Purdue to UConn flips to secure #1
Davis: 2 (3)
Murray: 2 (2)

Reaction Score
Purdue has been challenged by teams it should have no business struggling with: Neb and Davidson. Bur they are going to hold the 1 spot because that’s where they are and haven’t lost…yet.

Reaction Score
And my hope for a pleasant surprise dwindles...
Hah, it's not going to happen, but I also wouldn't be surprised if a voter's team losing means they maybe take a closer look at the new number one (as opposed to just sliding #2 up). I'd be shocked if we got enough to be number one, but wouldn't be surprised if we got more than 2 first place votes from that group.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Virginia will drop, we'll move up. They're not going to knock Purdue out of #1 without a loss.

1. Purdue
2. UConn
3. Houston
4. Tennessee
5. Texas
6. Kansas
Tennessee lost. They are going to fall. KU beat IU handily, may leap Texas, which struggled with a bad Stanford team. Expect this:

Purdue
UConn
Houston
Kansas
Texas
Virginia
Arizona

Reaction Score
A bit off topic, but it deals with last week's performance.

1671467986012.png

Reaction Score
Purdue getting ready for B1G 10 battles. The real season starts in 2 weeks when Rutgers visits Mackey. It will be payback time for last year when Rutgers knocked off then #1 Purdue.
This was considered a rebuilding year for the Boilermakers-I think Purdue probably loses 4-5 games on the road in B1G 10 play before Marrch

Reaction Score
Purdue getting ready for B1G 10 battles. The real season starts in 2 weeks when Rutgers visits Mackey. It will be payback time for last year when Rutgers knocked off then #1 Purdue.
This was considered a rebuilding year for the Boilermakers-I think Purdue probably loses 4-5 games on the road in B1G 10 play before Marrch
Edey is great, but you have to think the freshman backcourt costs them some games before the NCAAs.

Reaction Score
Edey is great, but you have to think the freshman backcourt costs them some games before the NCAAs.
Yea Edey is/should probably win POY, but I think once they start playing bigger and more physical teams every single game in the Big 10, they’re gonna have to start relying on others more.

Reaction Score
We actually gained some points on Purdue (from 42 behind last week to 20 points this week). Maybe if they have another close call vs New Orleans - who are like #350 on Kenpom - and we blow out Georgetown we can flip a few more votes.

Regardless, if we beat Nova and @ Xavier next week, we deserve that #1 spot and there will be zero rational argument against it at that point.

Reaction Score
For people who care about such things, Xavier is at 28 and we play them next week. I think people's obsession with the number of ranked teams we'll play in BE play is a bit out of touch but for their sake:

Xavier is home against Seton Hall Wednesday so will likely need 3+ ranked teams to lose to get ranked ahead of our New Years Eve game

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Arizona State!

2 is fine. Quick check of the rankings, then back to work for the guys.
Someone is getting an early Christmas gift. Congratulations!

Reaction Score
Yeah at this point it's pretty clear we're only gonna be #2. Poll inertia is garbage
Agreed - total laziness/intellectual abandonment. If you actually watch the games rather than just look at wins and losses, it's pretty obvious who the best team is.

Reaction Score
I'm convinced these voters don't watch the games. More Virginia voters gave their votes to Purdue than to UConn. Idiots. Watch the teams play and look at the teams' resumes before you vote.

Reaction Score
I'll go with #2 but UConn will be closer to #1 this week than UVA was last week.

It's almost more fun to be #2 just to out the voters who obviously don't use advanced metrics and whose "eye test" tells them Purdue is better.

It would be much more enjoyable just to hear them say, "well I had them higher than UConn to start the season and they haven't lost so I keep them above UConn". That's the honest answer.
Making the case to front load a schedule against mids and scrape by.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom