Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added? | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
...I think I'd much rather go after 5th-year transfers than one-and-done high schoolers.
Stone may be a special exception b/c he's clearly a beast, but in general I agree with you. At the very least we need a guy who can communicate & organize on defense, and my guess is Miller would/will be far superior at that next year than Stone.

EDIT: Want to see smart defense? Watch DeAndre on the first possession of this game:

We missed that so much this year.

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller would be the absolute perfect fit for this team, he's exactly what we are missing. Ollie needs to show him this and show him how well the 5th year transfer worked out for Kromah and UConn is the only choice if he wants to compete for a title.

Reaction Score
Stone may be a special exception b/c he's clearly a beast, but in general I agree with you. At the very least we need a guy who can communicate & organize on defense, and my guess is Miller would/will be far superior at that next year than Stone.

EDIT: Want to see smart defense? Watch DeAndre on the first possession of this game:

We missed that so much this year.

DD we definitely missed. He was our only inside presence as show as our first offensive plays as well as the great help D he played also and a good rebounder. Hopefully we get Miller as he seems to be a similar type of player and the perfect complement to AB. Go UCONN!!

Matrim55

Reaction Score
DD we definitely missed. He was our only inside presence as show as our first offensive plays as well as the great help D he played also and a good rebounder. Hopefully we get Miller as he seems to be a similar type of player and the perfect complement to AB. Go UCONN!!
Yup.

And another great example comes on the MSU possession that starts with 2:20 left. He was so smart & quick with his doubles. Missed that badly this year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I prefer Miller over Stone because we really freaking need rebounding and a replacement for Pat Lenehan's GPA.

If Stone didn't buy into our ability to get him into the NBA, perhaps Miller will buy into our ability to get him into Harvard Med.

Reaction Score
Adams (Fr), Purvis (Jr), Hamilton (Soph), Miller (Sr) & Brimah (Jr)....

:) :)...That would be a very very solid starting 5.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
Another big Ivy kid has to move on....

Rafael Maia
Quick look at his game log shows he's reliably productive even against better teams (Harvard, Yale, URI, Illinois, Northwestern), and only truly struggled against PC.

He gets to the line a ton, but shoots less than 60%, and doesn't appear to be a rim protector.

Regardless, I hope KO reaches out to him.

Reaction Score
If these kids actually care about Twitter and fans following them, we're in trouble because Michigan made this highlight video!

@tcf15 how could you let these Michigan clowns get to this first! Your highlight packages have better music and timing!

If we don't get him, I'm blaming you. ;)

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If these kids actually care about Twitter and fans following them, we're in trouble because Michigan made this highlight video!

@tcf15 how could you let these Michigan clowns get to this first! Your highlight packages have better music and timing!

If we don't get him, I'm blaming you. ;)

Tcf is a Michigan spy. Traitorous scum.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know if Jalan West is on track to graduate this year from Northwestern St? I know he redshirted as a freshman, and he would be an ideal option as an additional PG for this team. Led the country in assists (7.7pg), scored 20ppg on 46% shooting, 42% from 3, 86% from the line, gets a lot of steals, etc. Definitely looks like he could contribute at a high-major.

His games against quality teams are a mixed bag: 6/30 for 19 points against TAMU, T-Tech, and Oklahoma, but then he had monster games against La Tech and Arkansas, and the Southland did have a couple of top-100 RPI teams in Stephen F. Austin(35) and Sam Houston (86), and he put up some really nice numbers in those games as well.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
VT Adam Smith is transferring. He will be a 5th year player. 6.1 guard, ave 13+, 42+% from three. Can play right away.
Looks like he struggles on D.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Seems like the best 5th year on the market right now.

Yes. Also seems to fit our system since he is 6-6 200 lbs & we could possibly play him at the 3 in a 3 guard lineup without losing much size.

Reaction Score
Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
Drexel forward Damion Lee will transfer & is immediately eligible due as a 5th year, per multiple sources.

6'6" 200
38 minutes per game
21.4 points
43.8 FG% [170/388]
38.5% on 3s [65/169]
88.7% FTs [173/195]​
6.1 rebounds
2.3 assists
1.5 steals
1.9 turnovers

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/56899/damion-lee

He draws a ton of fouls (6 per 40 minutes), and converts at a very high percentage from the stripe (88.7% FT, 15th in D1). With how much our offense struggled this past year, we could really use that source of easy, efficient points. On top of that, he's a good rebounder from the wing, and doesn't turn the ball over much given how much he controlled the rock.

With all of these talented graduate transfers out there, I really hope we can grab a couple. We've got some nice pieces on our roster as it's currently composed, but could really use a couple more players. Getting a couple guys like Lee and Shonn Miller could really change the trajectory of our 2015-2016 season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Damion Lee is a perfect fit, great offensive player who can stroke the three and shoots it near 90% from the line. Was conference freshman of the year, averaged 17 per game as a soph, had 21 points against UCLA as a junior before being injured for the year with a knee injury and was the fifth leading scorer in the nation last season before going out with a hand injury in late February. He's from Baltimore and was teammates with Andre Drummond at St. Thomas More where they won a championship together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom