Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added? | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Keep in mind almost none of these kids are going to be absolute studs à la Purvis - unless it's a coach firing or a graduate, odds are these kids are leaving because there's either a skill deficiency in some area that prevented them from being successful at their previous level or an attitude issue that rendered them incompatible with their previous coach. Even the grad transfers have a couple of flaws in their games too. We're not going to be the answers to all of our problems from transfers; I think a Lasan Kromah type is the best we can hope for.

There have been names mentioned who would start and put up double-digit points for us. It depends on the kid. A number of grad transfers leave because they want to play on a bigger stage, not because of a skill deficiency or attitude problem.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
There have been names mentioned who would start and put up double-digit points for us. It depends on the kid. A number of grad transfers leave because they want to play on a bigger stage, not because of a skill deficiency or attitude problem.

I know. I'm addressing the general transfer speculation that's gone on in this thread as well.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
He's not active next year, but I think Kahlil Dukes could be that guy. Especially with 3 years under KO.

We already have so many projects on the team. A transfer should be coming in ready to make an impact, especially as a junior as Dukes would be.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
Keep in mind almost none of these kids are going to be absolute studs à la Purvis - unless it's a coach firing or a graduate, odds are these kids are leaving because there's either a skill deficiency in some area that prevented them from being successful at their previous level or an attitude issue that rendered them incompatible with their previous coach. Even the grad transfers have a couple of flaws in their games too. We're not going to be the answers to all of our problems from transfers; I think a Lasan Kromah type is the best we can hope for.
Lasan Kromah would've started a lot of games this season and would probably start next year. Just bring in an experienced PG that can at least allow KO to sit Adams down a few minutes and do some in - game coaching.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He's not active next year, but I think Kahlil Dukes could be that guy. Especially with 3 years under KO.
What do you mean? Is he injured? I checked his numbers in two years at USC and he's barely played.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I'm heading to OC, MD to play some golf and returning Tuesday. Between golf and watching NCAA games at the Green Turtle, Seacrets amongst others I will not be on here more than likely so I hope to return to some great news about some senior transfer, any kind of transfer or recruit when I return. See what you can get me Zionn unlike others I trust in you!! LOL

Bayside and Lighthouse are two of the must-plays down there if you can fit them in. Baywood Greens and Rum Pointe are also very good.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
We already have so many projects on the team. A transfer should be coming in ready to make an impact, especially as a junior as Dukes would be.
What do you mean? Is he injured? I checked his numbers in two years at USC and he's barely played.
Coach doesn't like him. He was not Andy Enfield's recruit, he was recruited by Kevin O'Neill. Enfield recruited a player he didn't like and then signed a McDonald's AA and he was relegated to 3rd guard. He's not bad.

He shoots well from 3 and can handle the ball well. He's better than giving a scholarship to Dan Guest or Lenehan...

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Coach doesn't like him. He was not Andy Enfield's recruit, he was recruited by Kevin O'Neill. Enfield recruited a player he didn't like and then signed a McDonald's AA and he was relegated to 3rd guard. He's not bad.

He shoots well from 3 and can handle the ball well. He's better than giving a scholarship to Dan Guest or Lenehan...

Guest doesn't have a scholarship.

Lenehan and Amilo were given a scholarship at the end of August 2014, when school had already started and the team could not add any more scholarship players from the outside. The scholarships would've gone unused if Lenehan and Amilo didn't have them. They did not prevent us from adding more players.

Also, Dukes was ranked as 3 stars by TOS and Rivals and 2 stars by ESPN. He had only one P5 offer; his runners-up include UTEP, Drexel, Ohio, FIU, and Loyola Marymount. The "coach doesn't like him" argument doesn't work here because you're just assuming that he's good without anything to back it up. One good game against Arizona State doesn't cut it.

I would much rather have a Derrick Gordon-type senior who can provide leadership, or maybe even Stanford Robinson who spent much of his freshman year starting for a B1G team.

Reaction Score
I'm heading to OC, MD to play some golf and returning Tuesday. Between golf and watching NCAA games at the Green Turtle, Seacrets amongst others I will not be on here more than likely so I hope to return to some great news about some senior transfer, any kind of transfer or recruit when I return. See what you can get me Zionn unlike others I trust in you!! LOL
Stop by Mother's Cantina. Good fried fish tacos and wings!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Lenehan and Amilo were given a scholarship at the end of August 2014, when school had already started and the team could not add any more scholarship players from the outside. The scholarships would've gone unused if Lenehan and Amilo didn't have them. They did not prevent us from adding more players.

Also, Dukes was ranked as 3 stars by TOS and Rivals and 2 stars by ESPN. He had only one P5 offer; his runners-up include UTEP, Drexel, Ohio, FIU, and Loyola Marymount. The "coach doesn't like him" argument doesn't work here because you're just assuming that he's good without anything to back it up. One good game against Arizona State doesn't cut it.

I would much rather have a Derrick Gordon-type senior who can provide leadership, or maybe even Stanford Robinson who spent much of his freshman year starting for a B1G team.
Of course we'd rather have those type of players, but if we have an open scholarship or he's willing to walk on, we should take him.

Reaction Score
in a pick up game i would rather scoop guest over dukes. we don't need a fringe guard who doesn't impact both sides of the ball, thats not a need IMO. its stretch 4/ banger 4 or die... or maybe a legit wing over 6'5. anything else in grad transfer form is unnecessary and wont impact the overall success of the team next season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Khalil Dukes is not even close to this level.

The MAAC was his ceiling until Enfield was desperate enough to offer a scholarship.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Junior Etou is bailing on Rutgers.

He's an excellent defensive forward - good rebounder - a little messy offensively and a little moody.

But still...interesting player with two years remaining.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score

This is turning into one of those unkillable stories, how we'd have been set this year if only our walk-ons didn't have scholarships.

Reaction Score
This is turning into one of those unkillable stories, how we'd have been set this year if only our walk-ons didn't have scholarships.

The post didn't say that we didn't pursue scholarship-level players because we gave scholarships to Lenehan and Amilo. We gave scholarships to Lenehan and Amilo because we didn't recruit enough scholarship-level players. That is, in fact, a problem.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
The post didn't say that we didn't pursue scholarship-level players because we gave scholarships to Lenehan and Amilo. We gave scholarships to Lenehan and Amilo because we didn't recruit enough scholarship-level players. That is, in fact, a problem.
I said it's turning into something that gets mentioned all the time without people understanding it. Problem or not, people get the sequence wrong constantly.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Amilo has an academic scholarship. He was actually considered for a Rhodes Scholarship. Kid is a genius. He isn't taking away from the athletic scholarship pool though.

Reaction Score
Dukes is a classic case of a guy who's extremely skilled but so undersized and unathletic for big time college basketball. He'd kill it in America East though.

Reaction Score
Goodman-cornell transfer Shonn Miller met with uconn illinois and bostion college on thursday and michigan wednesday... eligible next year
:)...I am giving credit to a few posters here for that happening and the staff following up.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@JonRothstein: Fordham transfer Eric Paschall will visit Villanova Tuesday and PC the week after, source told @CBSSports. Florida, KU, UConn also in mix.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Goodman-cornell transfer Shonn Miller met with uconn illinois and bostion college on thursday and michigan wednesday... eligible next year
Michigan will be tough to beat. Great academic school and tons of PT available.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Miller than Stone. I know that Stone is a much brighter talent, but if we're going to only get each for one year, I'd rather the one I know can co-exist with Brimah, rather than just assuming that Stone will be just as good from the basket. Stone would have been great for the recruiting win, but from a practical standpoint, I think I'd much rather go after 5th-year transfers than one-and-done high schoolers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom