Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added? | The Boneyard

Anybody aware of any potential grad transfers that could be added?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I find it a little strange that we're getting worked up about the 49th ranked point guard in the 2015 class when there could be a Lasan Kromah out there that we have yet to pay any mind to. That isn't to say that Carter (I'm just using him as an example, haven't seen him play) or whoever else can't be an impact player in time, just that the short-term payoff is likely to be negligible.

I feel like an additional steady hand in the back court would do us a world of good next year - he doesn't have to be a great player, just somebody who can defend his position, dribble, and keep the ball moving. I'd prefer that he be a good shooter as well, but it's hard to be too picky. Anthony Collins from South Florida would be ideal, but I assume there are restrictions on transferring in conference.

Just hoping one of the experts out there could acknowledge this as a possibility and maybe toss a couple names out there. Even a low-major kid is worth considering, IMO.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
We're a month into the second semester and the season still has weeks to play out - you won't hear about graduate transfers for a while yet.

Reaction Score
I think what he's asking if are their any viable guys who will be graduating and have a year left. not discussing contact at this point.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are plenty of guys who will be graduating, but not all of them will transfer for their final year. So we truly have no idea.

But here's a name just for fun - Sterling Gibbs. Prior to last night, I would have said he'd be perfect.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Terrence should hit up his friend Khadeen Carrington and tell him to transfer...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
God no. Have you been reading the reports out of Seton Hall? Their freshman class is bad news.
I trust Ollie to right any young man. I think he's a better life coach than basketball coach.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I trust Ollie to right any young man. I think he's a better life coach than basketball coach.

We're not talking one young man. We're talking a package deal of three young men (one of whom's father is an assistant on staff, so they can get away with anything) with a posse of unsavory non-students hanging around them. I often pick on this board's conspiracy theorists, but I don't want anyone from that program transferring here. I don't want to go anywhere near more NCAA violations.

Reaction Score
I'm sure there are plenty of guys who will be graduating, but not all of them will transfer for their final year. So we truly have no idea.

But here's a name just for fun - Sterling Gibbs. Prior to last night, I would have said he'd be perfect.

Did not realize he was a grad transfer candidate. I'd argue that he'd be perfect even after last night.

Reaction Score
Did not realize he was a grad transfer candidate. I'd argue that he'd be perfect even after last night.

rodsellers.png

Reaction Score

If Sterling is hitting the books in between throwing haymakers it appears Gibbs could be the perfect grad student transfer candidate. The way our roster is configured right now I think he would be a great addition for next year assuming we could get in the sweepstakes. His journey would be Texas, Seton Hall and then UConn???? I don't know the rules on multiple transfers but it should be fine with the NCAA.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind it if somehow Maodo Lo could graduate in three years and come to storrs for grad school

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Jeff Borzello ‏@jeffborzello 2m2 minutes ago
Aaron Cosby is leaving the Illinois basketball team, the school announces. He will graduate and then transfer after the semester.
-------
Think we were initially involved when he left Seton Hall

He's 6'3", 200 pounds and can't shoot.

We've covered that particular need about four times over.

Plus, he's been suspended since the middle of January.

Reaction Score
I still want the face-puncher.

It doesn't look like we recruited him out of high school. But he's from West Orange, New Jersey...just a couple hours up the road. He averages 17 points per game and shoots 44% from three. I'm going to ask Ollie if I can make it my personal mission to recruit this kid.

Reaction Score
Prolly Angel Nunez...after being granted another year by the NCAA. It may have been reported but don't have a linky dinky if published.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Prolly Angel Nunez...after being granted another year by the NCAA. It may have been reported but don't have a linky dinky if published.

1) He sorta stinks.

2) Why would he leave Gonzaga?

3) Seriously. He stinks.

Reaction Score
1) He sorta stinks.

2) Why would he leave Gonzaga?

3) Seriously. He stinks.

1) lol...

2) because Gonzaga doesn't stink... think current roster for next year and the likelihood of the Zags landing one of the top grad transfers when it is available (see Wesley this year).

3) lol...level of stinkage is all relative comparatively speaking. :) haha ;)

http://zagsblog.com/uconn/uconn-offers-angel-nunez/

I wouldn't buy the Nunez stock right now but he should be on the market next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom