Any updates on Sid Wilson? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Any updates on Sid Wilson?

Reaction Score
I ask this with complete sincerity. What is it that Sid does real well? I saw a guy that was very athletic, but sorely lacking in basketball skills like dribbling and passing.

I wish Sid the best wherever he goes, but wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's a guy who continues to show flashes but that's about it.
He rebounded an blocked shots plus improved his shot trajectory . He had productive minutes playing at a high level
He did a heck of a lot more his sophomore year than Whaley did in his, so belittling him is silly.
That he can’t contribute at a high level is basketball nativity. That he actually does contribute is just a question of how hard he works at it.

Reaction Score
Sid???

1590520692230.png

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think Sid could be a real contributor on many D1 programs including some P5/P6
He needs to screw on his head correctly and go out and work his butt off
Athletically he is a rare player, I've seen him do things in practice that Bouk would find extremely difficult at best. I've seen him drain countless 3s in practice with hands in his face.
He isn't a DH type player, that being said, as AZHuskyPop stated, belittling him is really poor. Much of this sentiment comes to him being a KO recruit - childish take IMHO

Reaction Score
He really is an athletic freak and would standout in the right conference. I think he fits nicely in the A10 at a school like VCU, URI, St. Bonny, or even Dayton. Some of these schools have big holes to fill.

Reaction Score
He rebounded an blocked shots plus improved his shot trajectory . He had productive minutes playing at a high level
He did a heck of a lot more his sophomore year than Whaley did in his, so belittling him is silly.
That he can’t contribute at a high level is basketball nativity. That he actually does contribute is just a question of how hard he works at it.
I wasn't belittling him in any way I just didn't see enough skills for him to contribute sustained minutes. I saw a guy who would offer flashes and highlights but never good fundamentally sound basketball.

Reaction Score
Sending games to overtime with last second corner threes.

Small sample size admittedly.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sending games to overtime with last second corner threes.
Small sample size admittedly.
True, but I know guys who went four years and never did that.

Reaction Score
Sid is a curious case and I find it really interesting that he only has one offer.

I see Sid succeeding best in a school that generates offense by pushing the tempo, specifically a team that plays five-out. On that note, I think of Saint Joseph's out of the A-10 being a nice fit.

Good conference, a 2nd year coach with a lot of commitment to the team and a nice recent of haul of transfers between Ryan Daley, Dahmir Bishop, Greg Foster, Myles Douglas and Jack Forrest.

Reaction Score
I think URI and Sid would be a great match.

Like others here though have expressed, Sid could hoop at any P5, P6, P8, or even P9, school.

Got to disagree though with the poster who said he’d fit in at a P7. Takes a special type of player to make it at a P7. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Only a D+ homecourt advantage??

It's either because the roster import had UConn as the Knicks so that is MSG (for the Knicks of course, UConn would be A+) or that they used FedEx Forum to built out the XL Center so it's a D+ for the Memphis Grizzlies. I don't think the design import on Xbox assigned that.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I have no idea where he might be headed.

Reaction Score

No matter how hard he works he will need to improve his basketball intelligence I believe this is what holds him back more than anything else. Yeah he blocks shots, but many times he's out of defensive positioning. There's more Amida Brimah in him than Isaiah Whaley unfortunately. Whaley improved because he knows where he needs to be on both ends so he jumped way ahead of Sid.

Hope he does well but his best move is mid major unless he wants to sit and watch a lot as he has.

Reaction Score
Before his knee injury he was stepping up and improving. The injury did him in. Whoever picks him up with be pretty happy they do so. His physical talent is out of this world and if he focuses on some basketball skills, he will be very good.

Reaction Score
Before his knee injury he was stepping up and improving. The injury did him in. Whoever picks him up with be pretty happy they do so. His physical talent is out of this world and if he focuses on some basketball skills, he will be very good.

Agreed. Had a couple really nice games and was finding his niche on this team before injury. He was never himself once he came back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom