Any updates on Sid Wilson? | The Boneyard

Any updates on Sid Wilson?

Reaction Score
The only official offer that has been announced is from Bryant.

FWIW, Bryant has already added former Wake Forest forward Melo Eggleston as a sit-one transfer eligible to play in 20/21.

In terms of PT, Bryant is a nice landing spot for Sid as their two best players are their two starting forwards and both will graduate after 20/21. Bryant also likes to play fast (71st in KenPom tempo) and that plays into Sid's strengths.

Obviously, the NEC is a huge step down from playing in the AAC, but it's a guard-heavy league where a lot of top frontcourt guys are leaner. For example, Sacred Heart's Jare'l Spellman was 6'10 205, and was a dominant rim protector for the Pioneers (2.6 blocks, 7.9 boards per game).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if these kids are waiting to see how the vote goes on allowing a transfer to play right away.

It's irrelevant for grad transfers, but for kids who have to sit out, there's a big difference between committing to going somewhere for a year or maybe 2 and playing immediately, vs. spending at least 2-3 years somewhere.

Reaction Score
I wonder if these kids are waiting to see how the vote goes on allowing a transfer to play right away.

It's irrelevant for grad transfers, but for kids who have to sit out, there's a big difference between committing to going somewhere for a year or maybe 2 and playing immediately, vs. spending at least 2-3 years somewhere.
Something I hadn’t considered but really may be unfortunate for Sid is the transfer rule, if passed, is applicable to first time transfers. Although he never wore a St. John’s jersey he’s technically already transferred once. If there’s any way the NCAA can do right by a player (lol), Sid should be eligible Immediately with 2 years of eligibility. I sure hope so. He’s been dealt a rough hand; he deserves this.

Reaction Score
No But that his options seem to be mostly lesser D1 level schools, NEC MAAC etc tells you what the boneyard echo chamber wouldn’t. Most likely he off the radar for a year too. This is his 2nd transfer. Maybe the write the rule to say you get 1 free even if you already transferred. I think that might be a stretch though

Reaction Score
Last I heard, Bryant had reached out. And I know BYers were talking about Iona, but not sure if the interest was mutual.

Just wishing the best for the guy.
Think he is still waiting for all those SEC offers to come pouring in

C

Chief00

It’s not only the players but also the teams, who are trying to figure this out.

Reaction Score
I think Donyell could use the help at Central. Plenty of playing time and it’s local. I’m a blue devil alum though so I’m definitely biased.
A few days ago, they did got some solid, much needed frontcourt depth by adding Fairfield's Wassef Methnani as a grad transfer. At 6'8 210, he becomes the biggest guy on their team and will allow Karrington Wallace to play more at the 4.

Reaction Score
Any update on Sid Wilson's next school -- or is he still undecided (or unoffered)?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom