Andrew Harrison on Kaminsky: "duck* that n****r" | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andrew Harrison on Kaminsky: "duck* that n****r"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If only we knew what Andrew Harrison said after last year's Championship Game loss...
My best guess....
"F.U., you killed Kentucky basketball, you Shabazztard" in my best Kyle from South Park accent.

What'cha you got? ;)

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Requiring the players of the losing team to be available to the press is the really inappropriate thing that happened yesterday.
Yeah agreed. Let the coaches handle it. If a player wants to talk to the press fine but they shouldn't be forced

Reaction Score
I don't understand why so many white folks are so frustrated about not being able to drop N-bombs around. Yes, there's a double standard because black people and white people aren't the same. For those of you who find it confusing that he isn't going to be in that much trouble, here's a tip: Stop pretending to be stupid, and the world will puzzle you a lot less.

I don't think any "white folks" in their right mind would ever think they can throw the N-Bomb around nor do I see anyone saying that at all. But i don't think it's okay to believe he said this in jest just because he said so. The fact is he said and did something really stupid and it more than likely was pointed towards the fact he's not a Kaminsky fan nor does he actually respect him. He got caught but it is potentially a double standard situation that isn't just the use of a word but instead a disrespect to the game and a particular player. I'm glad everyone accepts it so easily because he apologized but he did that why? Because he got caught!

But to think you can throw around "stop pretending to be stupid" is fn funny! You are like Ward Cleaver here always with a life lesson or something because you know all.:rolleyes:

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Should he have said it? No. He shouldn't have sworn and regardless of whether you think it's OK for black college kids to use the n-word, that definitely wasn't the place to use it.

That said, if he said, " balloon knot" or " b*tch," it would have been 100x more insulting to Kaminsky. Both Harrison and Kaminsky would tell you that. A black guy calling a white guy the n-word isn't using a "racial slur." Like someone said above, it's tantamount to calling him a "dude" or "guy." And giving him more respect than calling him "white boy" or "cracker."

So, bottom line, Harrison was just expressing frustration over Frank the Tank taking the UK front line to the woodshed.

Reaction Score
He shouldn't have said anything. And of course it's going to be the big story. Anything that involves race will immediately be plastered all over the media
Thats my point. This had ZERO to do with race until the media made it so. I saw the video and my thought saying F#^k Frank K is messed up and piss poor sportsmanship. The race baiting media only heard the "N" word which wasnt that "N" word. What he said had nothing to do with race.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The kid should have do the right thing:

Join the handshake line after the game
Kept the crap talk to himself during the press conference

I don't care if African Americans use this language among themselves but keep it out of a situation like that

At the end of the day - this kid is meaningless, UK is meaningless and the Squid is meaningless

Reaction Score
Nothing is simple here and no one really knows what he meant though. But who cares it's a kid after getting his gut ripped out.
Exactly, I think that's what people forget. This is a kid not much past a teenager with a mic in his face after a demoralizing loss (probably worse than last year). His dream was crushed and he spoke something that he regrets. I wonder if any posters here have done that.

I said the same about Stein walking off the court with similar emotions but I saw him at the podium. As they age they will understand and most likely not repeat this again. The intent in both cases was a stupid act (surprise, surprise a college kid doing something stupid) that both players I'm sure would not repeat if presented again.

Anyway the kid apologized, and 'admirably; directly to Kaminsky which is the biggest and most important amend he can do. That should be the attention 'getter'. There is nothing left for him to do, but a lot we can do which is understand and forgive and move on.

I say let them both be and allow them to sulk until eternity, that is the punishment both kids face right now. And that I don't feel sorry for them about. The other stuff is just stuff and not much more.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
If we don't stop trying to destroy each other with political correctness, we will fail as a nation. A curse is a normal part of human existence.
Someone does an injustice you insult him. Since skin color is the most notable feature, you curse his race. This is natural.
What is unnatural is trying to destroy another person's life over a single word. We have to cut each other some slack.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't think any "white folks" in their right mind would ever think they can throw the N-Bomb around nor do I see anyone saying that at all.
Most of us here also live in the north, and those that don't are self-selecting. I have family in the south. Hang around them enough and they let their guard down. Not saying they'd actually act on the things they said, but...

Once I married a non-white woman, they suddenly stopped talking in their uniquely southern way. I don't think they stopped believing what they did, just the comfort level changed.

I pick on the south because there is a higher level of it. I mean, I'll never forget the kid who yelled at Hilton Armstrong "Go back to Africa!" But there are these people everywhere, and until you are with someone consistently that isn't white, it's easy to not realize it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
It wasn't racial but it was poor sportsmanship. Thousands of players have been put in that situation and known not to drop an f-bomb or the n-word. Lack of maturity, lack of direction from his coach.
Not a big racial thing but a thing.

Reaction Score
The actions of the players (what they say and how they act on the court and in public events such as interviews) are a direct embodiment of the culture that the coach creates and how they are trained. Obviously in this case we know who their coach is as a person...

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
nigga20pleez.jpg

Reaction Score
The "N" word . . . either it is OK for everyone to say . . . or for no one to say. Not OK for blacks to say to each other, but racist for whites to say to blacks. As for blacks saying it to whites . . . . that's just dumb. Bottom line? The "N" word is never appropriate. Ever. In any context. In any groups.

Reaction Score
The actions of the players (what they say and how they act on the court and in public events such as interviews) are a direct embodiment of the culture that the coach creates and how they are trained. Obviously in this case we know who their coach is as a person...

Exactly. Disciplinarians like Calhoun, Belicheck, etc. have never had a player say or do something stupid because of their culture. Oh wait, those things have happened to them? Cal's clearly not a big game coach, over the line as evidenced by history (again, we need to be careful here...glass houses), but this has zero to do with him and 100% to do with a kid, shortly after a heartbreaking loss, saying something that the kids themselves recognize is no big deal. I am forever grateful that social media and hot mikes did not exist when I was Harrison's age after a Uconn hoops loss.

Reaction Score
The "N" word . . . either it is OK for everyone to say . . . or for no one to say. Not OK for blacks to say to each other, but racist for whites to say to blacks. As for blacks saying it to whites . . . . that's just dumb. Bottom line? The "N" word is never appropriate. Ever. In any context. In any groups.
Says you. We may not like it, but the use of it isn't going away among black youth. No need to skewer a kid over it to drive home some point about a double standard that doesn't exist. People in this thread did a good job explaining it if you need to better understand it.

Reaction Score
Says you. We may not like it, but the use of it isn't going away among black youth. No need to skewer a kid over it to drive home some point about a double standard that doesn't exist. People in this thread did a good job explaining it if you need to better understand it.

He has an opinion as does everyone else. This is a kid in a high profile situation for a program with high standards let's not pretend he should have said it, that should be clear. It shouldn't be a big story but it's also not something to just sweep away like most seem to want to. If someone has an opinion it should be heard and respected.

Reaction Score
He has an opinion as does everyone else. This is a kid in a high profile situation for a program with high standards let's not pretend he should have said it, that should be clear. It shouldn't be a big story but it's also not something to just sweep away like most seem to want to. If someone has an opinion it should be heard and respected.
No doubt. Just don't pretend to be the moral arbiter on whether or not a word is a acceptable to be used by a whole race of people. Especially THAT word. Sometimes when things make US uncomfortable that is an us issue.

Reaction Score
No doubt. Just don't pretend to be the moral arbiter on whether or not a word is a acceptable to be used by a whole race of people. Especially THAT word. Sometimes when things make US uncomfortable that is an us issue.

I agree just not expected to be used at a podium of the FF nor should it be.

Reaction Score
I am actually in an argument about this with a friend. She thinks that the "White man" has oppressed the "black man" and used the word to put them down, and now they are reclaiming the word for themselves and therefore can use it whenever. I disagree... if one group of people cannot use the word then no group of people can use the word. Had it been a white guy who said this there would have been a riot. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be leading the cause. But because it was the other way around there is no harm no foul? The rules need to be the same for everyone.

Reaction Score
I am actually in an argument about this with a friend. She thinks that the "White man" has oppressed the "black man" and used the word to put them down, and now they are reclaiming the word for themselves and therefore can use it whenever. I disagree... if one group of people cannot use the word then no group of people can use the word. Had it been a white guy who said this there would have been a riot. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be leading the cause. But because it was the other way around there is no harm no foul? The rules need to be the same for everyone.

Because words have different meanings in different contexts. Just accept that. You sound ridiculous.

Reaction Score
Its pretty obvious that one can say it and the other cant. Blacks dont say it to each other with the meaning that whites MIGHT use it. There is room for interpretation, so dont say it. If you are white and you want to go around saying that, i'll just warn you now, be smart and dont. Say it to the wrong person and you will have major problems on your hands. Just like if you are black and you dont associate with other blacks and you try to say that to some other blacks (that do use the word on the regular), you are liable to get your ass whooped. its a cultural thing and if you are not apart of that culture just dont go there.

Its not as cut and dry as people think. Even among blacks its not generally accepted. Maybe you can say it with your friends, but then you slip and say it infront of an older family member and you get popped or lectured on the history of the word. Been like that for ages now.

Either way i will say this. blacks know when its acceptable and not acceptable to use that word. You dont say it at your job or to your teacher thats a problem. Andrew knew that what he was saying wasnt acceptable in that setting, kid is stupid.

Reaction Score
my wife went to Bucknell. She told me over weekend that 3 'wh***' students who were handling student radio late one night (around 1:00am) were supposedly overheard by some inmate at local penitentiary in Lewisburg (how is an inmate listening to radio at 1am?...just askin') overheard them joking around say what the UK kid said................. they were expelled.

Personally, I think there is no issue with the UK kid..........but the double standard & hypocrisy is the issue.

I'm ok....you are not. Rap music can mention the word incessantly ....but if a wh*** student dares to utter this even among close friends ....the world come to an end.

Ridiculous...........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky