Andrew Harrison on Kaminsky: "duck* that n****r" | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Andrew Harrison on Kaminsky: "duck* that n****r"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I know it's hard to get sarcasm on the web, but I'm fairly certain him being a twin was the basis for the joke!
I understand. But I figured that someone with "mets" in their handle wouldn't be that subtle.

Reaction Score
Great post. So true. The kid was trying to be a thug.

You can be a thug by calling someone a name where you are not in the same place and there is no chance of it causing violence? REally? I've called you names from time to time my friend, and I think you me, and it's never caused either one of us to refer to the other as a thug.

Think about that.

Reaction Score
I think white people miss the days of freely using the N word without consequence. .

Yeah... so when, exactly, do you think that was ? Both when white people freely used the N word AND when they knew what they were saying and were like, "Yeah, let's call some black folks the N word". How old do you think those people are, that miss those days ?

So beyond PC at this point. That people have this unbelievable idea, spoon fed to them by the media that racism is actually back on the rise is moronic in the extreme.

Reaction Score
You can be a thug by calling someone a name where you are not in the same place and there is no chance of it causing violence? REally? I've called you names from time to time my friend, and I think you me, and it's never caused either one of us to refer to the other as a thug.

Think about that.

It's pretty common for the white folks who are frustrated about not being able to call blacks the N word to use the word "thug" instead. It's gotten pretty transparent at this point.

Reaction Score
Yeah... so when, exactly, do you think that was ? Both when white people freely used the N word AND when they knew what they were saying and were like, "Yeah, let's call some black folks the N word". How old do you think those people are, that miss those days ?

So beyond PC at this point. That people have this unbelievable idea, spoon fed to them by the media that racism is actually back on the rise is moronic in the extreme.

Huh? Who said it is on the rise? Why do I have to think it's on the rise to think it's still with us?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I'm amazed the only thing you get out of this is that "white guys" want to use that word or are "jealous" of it. Is that really the best you can get out of this? A guy says something which was terribly wrong and this is what you're getting out of how "white guys" are viewing this? Pretty funny and not sure where this comes from?

No Mau. I have consistently said what he did was wrong. Not racist, but wrong. There are a flock of guys here saying the n-word can't have a double standard and if black guys can use it, white guys should be able to as well.
Don't get their fascination with the word. Not sure if they want to be cool or if they are the type that are afraid of black people "getting away with something."
Either way it is silly. Leave the word alone. I also think black people should not use the word. But relatively speaking, they are less offensive in using it.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Yeah... so when, exactly, do you think that was ? Both when white people freely used the N word AND when they knew what they were saying and were like, "Yeah, let's call some black folks the N word". How old do you think those people are, that miss those days.

There are people at every age who would love to use that word. If you don't know any, you are a lucky person. Then there are the people in their late fifties on up ,most of whom used that word regularly at one point of their life. Do you think racial hatred has been solved? It has gotten better but ...

Reaction Score

Think about that.

As a result, we've never had to Tweet each other an apology either, with all our name calling. We simply "view" the game from different "sections" and, at times, it has produced very different takes on what happened down on the field. Unfortunately our "views" of the game are not the stuff of "gangsta rap" and, as such, don't reward us for the use of offensive terms.

And, Biz, I do "think about that", as I have enjoyed our e-banter over the years and the challenge of trying to get you a "more astute view" of the game from your seat. Lol. Just messing with you, Biz. I honestly do enjoy the repartee, but otherwise just messing.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The fact that you don't is more telling. A double standard means uneven treatment. The gist of the double standard argument is "Why is it okay for them to do it and not okay for me to do it." I'm not saying that you personally are running around wishing you could call people a n_____, but that's the essence of the "double standard."

And the people pushing the double standard canard are the ones who can't bring themselves to admit (or understand) that when a 20 year old black kid uses that word in the context Harrison did it's fundamentally different than when a 55 year old white guy uses it to refer to to that same kid. If you honestly cannot understand that distinction you should sit this conversation out.

In case you haven't noticed I don't sit too many out and you won't get me to do that. I certainly understand when it comes from the mouth of Harrison it's a lot different than coming from my 55 year old mouth, especially since I don't use the word. What really is funny is people who believe this was a "compliment" of sorts and it's all fine now because he apologized. It was a compliment as much as Isaiah Thomas complimented Larry Bird back in the day, that's what it was. But it's ok, no biggie!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
It was a lot closer to begrudging respect ("I don't want to talk about the guy who just destroyed us") than it was to the white -> black racial usage of the word.

And that's why it's "not a big deal" other than that he used explicit language at a press conference.

Reaction Score
It was a compliment as much as Isaiah Thomas complimented Larry Bird back in the day, that's what it was. But it's ok, no biggie!:rolleyes:

I think this pretty much confirms that you don't get it. What Isaiah Thomas said about Bird was explicitly about race. What Harrison said had nothing to do with race. That's the part you seem unable to comprehend.

Reaction Score
I think this pretty much confirms that you don't get it. What Isaiah Thomas said about Bird was explicitly about race. What Harrison said had nothing to do with race. That's the part you seem unable to comprehend.

Ok Crack, gotcha!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky