2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson Top 5 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Syracuse – “Syracuse has been around since the jump. They’ve been on me heavy ever since they even started recruiting me. “They have a good history of players, sending wings to the NBA more than any other school that’s talking to me except UCLA.”

UConn – “UConn, same way. They’ve recruited me since sophomore year.”

ouch.

Reaction Score

Syracuse – “Syracuse has been around since the jump. They’ve been on me heavy ever since they even started recruiting me. “They have a good history of players, sending wings to the NBA more than any other school that’s talking to me except UCLA.”

ouch.

Lol. Who are all these Syracuse wings? Carmelo...
Something changed here, the locals are feeding him some serious nonsense and he seems to be eating it up now.

Reaction Score
Obviously his handlers are pushing him to Syracuse ;).

In all seriousness, I really wonder what happened here. I never thought we were the clear cut favorites, but it seems clear there has been a cuse resurgence. I just don’t see how he fits into our roster with Sid and Polley.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to Boeheim eventually trashing Jackson's decision to leave Syracuse early for the NBA.

Reaction Score
Obviously his handlers are pushing him to Syracuse ;).

In all seriousness, I really wonder what happened here. I never thought we were the clear cut favorites, but it seems clear there has been a cuse resurgence. I just don’t see how he fits into our roster with Sid and Polley.
Not what I've heard.

Why wouldn't he fit with Sid and Polley? We haven't really seen what Sid can do and Polley has only shown us he can hit uncontested threes.

Reaction Score
Lol. Who are all these Syracuse wings? Carmelo...
Something changed here, the locals are feeding him some serious nonsense and he seems to be eating it up now.

I really can't think of Syracuse wings other than Carmelo and Dion Waiters.

Crazy when UConn has Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, Caron Butler, Rudy Gay, Jeremy Lamb.

Reaction Score
Not what I've heard.

Why wouldn't he fit with Sid and Polley? We haven't really seen what Sid can do and Polley has only shown us he can hit uncontested threes.

What have you heard?

All three players would mainly play the three. Sid and Dre are extremely similar players; both 6-7 supremely athletic and can’t shoot. Hard to have two of those on your roster let alone play at the same time. Polley with more polished offensive game, but a little taller at 6-8 will play the 3 and maybe 4 in a crunch.

So if we get Andre is he our third best 3? How does he get on the court his freshman year? Looks like we will have the 1 and 2 locked down and with Richie and Akok in fold we have the four set as well.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

ouch.

Writings on the wall with this one.

Reaction Score
I want him because he's a dynamic player to watch, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not equally optimistic about plans B and C

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

Crazy when UConn has Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Ben Gordon, Caron Butler, Rudy Gay, Jeremy Lamb.

The only other player I can think of is Malachi Richardson, drafted 22nd in 2016. He's playing in Israel now..

Reaction Score
Polley with more polished offensive game, but a little taller at 6-8 will play the 3 and maybe 4 in a crunch.

is this true? i mean i certainly hope so. He'd be much more valuable if he could play both forward spots instead of just being a soft stretch 4. but it's been said here many times that he's too slow to play SF. exhibit A:

Agreed on everything but Polley. Him at the 3 will be a disaster, he'd get burned by even the mediocre 3's in the AAC.

Reaction Score

Dion Waiters, Michael Carter Williams, Tyler Lydon, Jerami Grant. These are their only current NBA players, all drafted 2010 or later.

Kemba Walker, Andre Drummond, Shabazz Napier, Jeremy Lamb were all drafted 2010 or later as well, and we can throw Rudy Gay in the current NBA ring too.

Tough choice for Mr. Jackson...

Reaction Score
Not what I've heard.

and if you heard something, why are you asking about what changed? you probably know more than the rest of us.

Reaction Score
What have you heard?

All three players would mainly play the three. Sid and Dre are extremely similar players; both 6-7 supremely athletic and can’t shoot. Hard to have two of those on your roster let alone play at the same time. Polley with more polished offensive game, but a little taller at 6-8 will play the 3 and maybe 4 in a crunch.

So if we get Andre is he our third best 3? How does he get on the court his freshman year? Looks like we will have the 1 and 2 locked down and with Richie and Akok in fold we have the four set as well.
I've heard for a long time we were the favorites and his AAU is pushing UConn.

I don't see Sid and Polley scaring away any recruits.

Reaction Score
I've heard for a long time we were the favorites and his AAU is pushing UConn.

I don't see Sid and Polley scaring away any recruits.
could the sudden change be from our side?

Reaction Score
Original tweet

A 6'7", 175 pounder, who can dunk and is a reportedly a great defender but who, according to a number of knowledgeable people on the Boneyard, has limited shooting ability. Don't we have that with Sid?

Looking at the videos of Richie Springs got me thinking about how players are trending. Springs showed a lot of skills in the videos and game film that have been posted here and appears to be trending up since the Peach Jam. How does Jackson's trending compare?

Springs showed outside shooting ability, a great sense for positioning on rebounds, strong dunking and finishing inside, nice passing skills, and leadership (the way he pulled two of his teammates away from a testy situation).

Finally, who's advising Jackson? Has anyone in his camp thought to ask Syracuse how many of the wings "they send to the NBA" last more than training camp or a couple years before heading to Turkey?

Geronimo!

Reaction Score
A 6'7", 175 pounder, who can dunk and is a reportedly a great defender but who, according to a number of knowledgeable people on the Boneyard, has limited shooting ability. Don't we have that with Sid?

Looking at the videos of Richie Springs got me thinking about how players are trending. Springs showed a lot of skills in the videos and game film that have been posted here and appears to be trending up since the Peach Jam. How does Jackson's trending compare?

Springs showed outside shooting ability, a great sense for positioning on rebounds, strong dunking and finishing inside, nice passing skills, and leadership (the way he pulled two of his teammates away from a testy situation).

Geronimo!

Just to save everyone else from saying it, outside of shooting, apparently this kid has more of a “wing” game than Sid(passing, handles, etc) . Additionally, some on this board are going to drag you for saying Sid & great defender in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom