2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson Top 5 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A 6'7", 175 pounder, who can dunk and is a reportedly a great defender but who, according to a number of knowledgeable people on the Boneyard, has limited shooting ability. Don't we have that with Sid?

Looking at the videos of Richie Springs got me thinking about how players are trending. Springs showed a lot of skills in the videos and game film that have been posted here and appears to be trending up since the Peach Jam. How does Jackson's trending compare?

Springs showed outside shooting ability, a great sense for positioning on rebounds, strong dunking and finishing inside, nice passing skills, and leadership (the way he pulled two of his teammates away from a testy situation).

Finally, who's advising Jackson? Has anyone in his camp thought to ask Syracuse how many of the wings "they send to the NBA" last more than training camp or a couple years before heading to Turkey?

Geronimo!

Springs is not a shooter. One 3 ball in a highlight video doesn't make a player. He's a terrible shooter. His strength, and the reason why he's been trending up, is rebounding and the little things... put backs, screening etc. His athleticism should be a major concern at this level.

Sid and Andre are comparable because they are both abysmal shooters. Andre is worse currently. I might argue his shot is more salvagable long-term because he isn't throwing elbows up like he's praising the lord like Sid. But that is probably just my already low outlook in Sid creeping in.

The difference is Andre is a much better ball handler and passer and defender. His IQ is not great, but Sid looks like he has never played organized basketball before sometimes.

Andre guards 1-5 for his high school. On tje EYBL that was 2-4 and sometimes 5 in a pinch. Sid did the same in HS and AAU but is totally lost at this level. Tough call to make IMO. Defending in hs and d1 are different animals no matter how bought-in you are. Andre probably has a higher ceiling because his BBIQ is better.

Andre is a much, much better ball handler. He is capabale of setting up and running an offense. Seems to know his sets at Albany Academy well. He isn't a PG by any means. Sid cannot dribble if guarded. It's almost as simple as that.

PASSING is the biggest difference. Sid is close to the worst passer we've ever seen in recent memory. 0.3 APG forna perimeter player is totally unacceptable. You should be getting an APG just by moving the ball and running the offense. Andre on the other hand is a creative passer. Turns it over a bit much taking risks, but 3 APG in the Eybl is no joke for a 6'7 wing.

Comes down to BBIQ, basically.

Also, Andre is on another level athletically. Makes the rest of our team look like children. And Sid look like Olander.

I would probably prefer a shooter for that big wing spot. But I'm also not complaining if andre wants to commit. He's a heck of a player. 5* player of he had a semblance of a 3 pt shot.

Reaction Score
I get that things have maybe changed and that Syracuse might be the frontrunner. But I also haven’t seen anything that says or implies that we’re completely out of it, either. I should probably just stop following recruiting.

Reaction Score
One of his coaches is a CT. guy who I know is pushing Hurley and UConn.

One of his coaches son's was a walk on at Syracuse. Not saying they are pushing but Syracuse and City Rocks have in the past had a close relationship.

Reaction Score
Say what you want, but I only want kids that can shoot. A bad jumper costs you in the long run. Get the guys with a stroke. We have two on the board that can shoot. Give me one of them.

Reaction Score
Say what you want, but I only want kids that can shoot. A bad jumper costs you in the long run. Get the guys with a stroke. We have two on the board that can shoot. Give me one of them.

I generally agree, especially with how much more important shooting is in today’s game. But there are exceptions, and I think Jackson is one.

Reaction Score
I generally agree, especially with how much more important shooting is in today’s game. But there are exceptions, and I think Jackson is one.

with the 3 pt line moving back this year shooters are more important than ever

Reaction Score
And if you surround Jackson with shooters the extra space means bigger lanes for him to drive

then how about someone who can both drive and shoot, like thomas and richmond?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
then how about someone who can both drive and shoot, like thomas and richmond?
Those 2 things are not mutually exclusive, we'll be bringing in multiple recruits

Reaction Score
Those 2 things are not mutually exclusive, we'll be bringing in multiple recruits

they are pretty much mutually exclusive skills for jackson arent they? he can drive not shoot. ideally all the perimeter players can both drive and shoot. i'm not saying i don't like jackson, at all, i hope he commits. i'm just talking up richmond in the unfortunate event jackson goes elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
they are pretty much mutually exclusive skills for jackson arent they? he can drive not shoot. ideally all the perimeter players can both drive and shoot. i'm not saying i don't like jackson, at all, i hope he commits. i'm just talking up richmond in the unfortunate event jackson goes elsewhere.
I'm saying it's possible to have Jackson commit here and still get Thomas or Richmond. They'd complement each other well

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Lol. Who are all these Syracuse wings? Carmelo...
Something changed here, the locals are feeding him some serious nonsense and he seems to be eating it up now.
Don't forget Red Bruin.

Reaction Score
The new Rivals 150 is out. Andre has fallen another 12 spots.
He's dropping like a rock.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First to commit.

richmond is up to a 4* and #101 in the 247 composite

i hope staff takes the first 2 to commit between thomas, richmond, and jackson. they are the only wing options left and if staff waits all winter for cam and misses they could very well miss the boat with richmond or jackson too

richmond, jackson, and cardwell woulda been good for the 32nd ranked class last year. take it and run!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01