2020 Recruiting: - Andre Jackson Top 5 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Andre Jackson Top 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I know it’s not over but this recruiting cycle has been so depressing. With the big east move I was hoping we would capitalize. 4 subpar years in a row really taking a toll.

Reaction Score
I know it’s not over but this recruiting cycle has been so depressing. With the big east move I was hoping we would capitalize. 4 subpar years in a row really taking a toll.
Lol what? We've been on the final lists for basically every top target and seem to be in a good spot with a lot of them.

This fanbase deserves their misery sometimes

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Lol what? We've been on the final lists for basically every top target and seem to be in a good spot with a lot of them.

This fanbase deserves their misery sometimes

I think he’s referring to our lack of participation in March Madness the last few years. Plus, who will be the first recruit as excited about the Big East as we are?

Reaction Score
I think he’s referring to our lack of participation in March Madness the last few years. Plus, who will be the first recruit as excited about the Big East as we are?
"I know it’s not over but this recruiting cycle has been so depressing." Definitely talking about recruiting

And the first recruit as excited about the Big East is Cliff when he started answering the phone again

C

Chief00

richmond is up to a 4* and #101 in the 247 composite

i hope staff takes the first 2 to commit between thomas, richmond, and jackson. they are the only wing options left and if staff waits all winter for cam and misses they could very well miss the boat with richmond or jackson too

richmond, jackson, and cardwell woulda been good for the 32nd ranked class last year. take it and run!
At the end of the day, this is likely a 3 member class.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day, this is likely a 3 member class.

yeah thats what i was saying. 2 wings + cardwell = 3

my point was to take the first 2 wings willing to commit. without anymore backup options we cant wait on cam at the risk of losing either jackson or kadary. we need 2 of those 3 wings and a center.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I understand where you are coming from. The move to the Big East got announced and Hurley and every national talking head said that this would help us recruit. We got connected with some good players and had some momentum, but it does seem as if things have stalled lately. Our last two visits were unofficials that we are long shots on. We have lost momentum with Andre it appears, and other players like Cam Thomas and Geronimo have gotten crystal balls for other schools or committed elsewhere.

The two players we have been linked with the most are ranked 101 and 165. While I think Richmond and Cardwell are intriguing, I was hoping for bigger fish.

That said, it is still very early and things can change, but we are not getting talked about nationally in recruiting as I thought we would.

Reaction Score
I understand where you are coming from. The move to the Big East got announced and Hurley and every national talking head said that this would help us recruit. We got connected with some good players and had some momentum, but it does seem as if things have stalled lately. Our last two visits were unofficials that we are long shots on. We have lost momentum with Andre it appears, and other players like Cam Thomas and Geronimo have gotten crystal balls for other schools or committed elsewhere.

The two players we have been linked with the most are ranked 101 and 165. While I think Richmond and Cardwell are intriguing, I was hoping for bigger fish.

That said, it is still very early and things can change, but we are not getting talked about nationally in recruiting as I thought we would.

This is fair based on what I see in the press. However, we haven’t been winning games yet. Wait until we start making news again. That’s what will put us back where we want to be. We’ve been fairly invisible for a while.

Reaction Score

Geezus, we never even really recruited Geronimo.

Reaction Score
Are they still working on an official for Thomas as well?
One thing I’ve learned is if we don’t sign our prized guy who openly says he loves us very early..... We lose them. To much time to swim in the ocean with all the sharks swimming around and at the end of the day we still play too nice. I also felt we’d get a bump especially for 2020 as we all thought that as well. So I guess Danny is gonna have to earn it and not rest on the history of 2 other guys who won 4 titles and put huskies in the league. He should be able to do it. Help us Hurley wan kenobi, you’re our only hope!!!!

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
post/handle?

Reaction Score
Springs is not a shooter. One 3 ball in a highlight video doesn't make a player. He's a terrible shooter. His strength, and the reason why he's been trending up, is rebounding and the little things... put backs, screening etc. His athleticism should be a major concern at this level.

Sid and Andre are comparable because they are both abysmal shooters. Andre is worse currently. I might argue his shot is more salvagable long-term because he isn't throwing elbows up like he's praising the lord like Sid. But that is probably just my already low outlook in Sid creeping in.

The difference is Andre is a much better ball handler and passer and defender. His IQ is not great, but Sid looks like he has never played organized basketball before sometimes.

Andre guards 1-5 for his high school. On tje EYBL that was 2-4 and sometimes 5 in a pinch. Sid did the same in HS and AAU but is totally lost at this level. Tough call to make IMO. Defending in hs and d1 are different animals no matter how bought-in you are. Andre probably has a higher ceiling because his BBQ is better.

Andre is a much, much better ball handler. He is capabale of setting up and running an offense. Seems to know his sets at Albany Academy well. He isn't a PG by any means. Sid cannot dribble if guarded. It's almost as simple as that.

PASSING is the biggest difference. Sid is close to the worst passer we've ever seen in recent memory. 0.3 APG forna perimeter player is totally unacceptable. You should be getting an APG just by moving the ball and running the offense. Andre on the other hand is a creative passer. Turns it over a bit much taking risks, but 3 APG in the Eybl is no joke for a 6'7 wing.

Comes down to BBQ, basically.

Also, Andre is on another level athletically. Makes the rest of our team look like children. And Sid look like Olander.

I would probably prefer a shooter for that big wing spot. But I'm also not complaining if andre wants to commit. He's a heck of a player. 5* player of he had a semblance of a 3 pt shot.

Olander has two rings, so can we expect that with Sid?:rolleyes:
Now, on a serious note, thanks for the analysis. After hearing so many criticisms of Jackson's shooting it was starting to feel like he was just another Sid.

Reaction Score
Did he stack up physically?

We have very few real offers out right now, so percentages matter, Geezus.

There seem to be more than last year, but not as many as you see with some teams. Maybe the idea is to show the special few you really want just how much you are focused on them.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Geez for a moment I thought I was still on the football board when I read this.

The recruiting will happen as it did this past year with Hurley.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Until we make it back to the NCAA's we shouldn't expect 5*'s to line up to come here, the staff has done a fantastic job in selling a product that has not been proven yet. The staff has accomplishments to tout but not at the highest levels yet, only eye test stuff which we've seen but wins are wins and .500 or worse the last 3 years doesn't impress kids to much. Anything less than the NIT this year will be reason to be depressed, but not yet.

Reaction Score
Until we make it back to the NCAA's we shouldn't expect 5*'s to line up to come here, the staff has done a fantastic job in selling a product that has not been proven yet. The staff has accomplishments to tout but not at the highest levels yet, only eye test stuff which we've seen but wins are wins and .500 or worse the last 3 years doesn't impress kids to much. Anything less than the NIT this year will be reason to be depressed, but not yet.
Wait what accomplishments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01