Andre Jackson to UConn | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Where did I say that?

Looking 20 or so years down the road while the thing that makes your University tick is crumbling right before your eyes would've been insanity

That sentence implies that I was saying otherwise. Maybe you were talking about other posters idk

Reaction Score
One thing that jumps out to me about Jacksons reasons/interviews is the impact an OV with Hurley is. We may look out of the race with a lot of these kids but get them on campus and anything can happen. Its a gut feeling sometimes and they don't know what their looking for until it hits them. No way to predict that. Welcome Andre!

Reaction Score
Looking 20 or so years down the road while the thing that makes your University tick is crumbling right before your eyes would've been insanity

That sentence implies that I was saying otherwise. Maybe you were talking about other posters idk
No it doesn't. We're both in agreement that waiting around for what could possibly happen down the road would have been really stupid when the Big East wanted us and it instantly elevates our bread and butter instantly.

Reaction Score
1570047058408.gif

QuickDraw

NCSWIC
Reaction Score
Time for a cold one, chill and wait for the next piece to drop in

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Welcome to Storrs and your change to win a National Title

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
What I think I failed to appreciate was that the AAC just wasn't working for UConn specifically.
This. It's not the American is a bad conference (though it does have its challenges) so much as it had morphed into a bad conference for us. Southern/midwestern, football-centric, conference that had zero ties to Old Big East and zero market for its T3 rights. Mike (Not Mad) Aresco may not have been a bad commissioner, per se, but he was a bad one for us.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
For years people made the argument our recruiting woes had nothing to do with the AAC. Can't remember exactly who, but there were discussions about it.
The AAC was a huge detriment to recruiting the players UConn was accustomed to go after - no question about that at all
However, The NBE is not the OBE and in that mind set, with the P5 set-up, the NBE teams are not the #1 conference as the OBE enjoyed so there will be a step back in attracting the elite
Is it a step up from the AAC - hell yes

Reaction Score
The AAC was a huge detriment to recruiting the players UConn was accustomed to go after - no question about that at all
However, The NBE is not the OBE and in that mind set, with the P5 set-up, the NBE teams are not the #1 conference as the OBE enjoyed so there will be a step back in attracting the elite
Is it a step up from the AAC - hell yes
Ollie had the #5 recruiting class in the nation while in the American.
Memphis has the #1 recruiting class in the country this year.
The concept that the AAC was a determent to recruiting is not supported by facts.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Who the hell said that?

Ollie had the #5 recruiting class in the nation while in the American.
Memphis has the #1 recruiting class in the country this year.
The concept that the AAC was a determent to recruiting is not supported by facts.

Here is one example. I could find more but you get the picture.

Reaction Score
my bad if this was already posted. hard to keep up.

THIS - we should not under-estimate Andre's words here.

The time has come to put the question of whether Hurley & Staff can recruit to bed, once and for all. Hurley and Tom Moore pulled this one out of the fire, plain and simple. GREAT job by them!

We WILL get one of the big men we are after... and now we once again have a fair chance at getting Cam Thomas again, if he does make it to campus next weekend (October 11th).

It feels totally awesome to have one of the best head coaches and staffs in all of college basketball again!

Reaction Score
Welcome Andre Jackson! That Andre played the point thru his formative years, with the IQ, the handle and the passing ability, the leadership, really tells me we have a winner here. All of that, with his athleticism, makes him such a great get.

Congratulations to Hurley and his coaches for working so hard and making this happen. Hoorah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom