Andre Jackson to UConn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

PM me what game they played and the hand we played.

I felt Richmond's recruitment had coaches telling him Hurley was done because of his back. Wondered if Cuse played that card.
LOL - My post got taken down and I got banned (probably deserved it) when I went there a couple days ago. Suffice to say it got real ugly and we won the street fight. Let’s just celebrate now but yeah if somebody wants to go there next time - we can bring it ....

Calhoun would be proud!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Imagine being one of “those people” and having it shoved, every day, in you face, how incredibly stupid they were for thinking that?
We also had overall really good posters who used to claim the AAC is better than the Big East in basketball and Big East basketball will die. No biggie, we all say crazy stuff from time to time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Is 2014 the fates returning fire for that clearly infeiror 2009 team getting a home game and having Dyson hurt?
My Germans bombed Pearl Harbor moment. Conflated time periods. Little Mac was gone and the Impossible burger Devendorf played in that game.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Imagine being one of “those people” and having it shoved, every day, in you face, how incredibly stupid they were for thinking that?

Stupid, poorly reasoned opinions should be shamed otherwise you get....nevermind.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
We also had overall really good posters who used to claim the AAC is better than the Big East in basketball and Big East basketball will die. No biggie, we all say crazy stuff from time to time.

I'm not confident in the BE conference in the long term, just given the college landscape and eventual pay for play scenarios coming down the pipe, among other things. But that could be 20 years out, and is merely speculative at this stage.

Short and intermediate term it's good for basketball. See latest exhibit in Jackson, Andre.

Happy to have him.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm almost guilty of that. I'll eat the crow. With UConn in the AAC I don't think the difference is all that great except at the bottom, where the AAC sucks and the Big East is solid. UConn, Cinci, Memphis, WSU, Houston SMU, Temple....all have strong history and UCF improved. Tulsa and USF are ok.

What I think I failed to appreciate was that the AAC just wasn't working for UConn specifically. It seems clear now seeing how much energy has returned to the program and fan base. I haven't lived in CT since 1991, so maybe didn't see that as clearly.

I do still fear that a league without FBS football will be left out at some point.

Reaction Score
Thank goodness. It seemed there was a lot of somewhat premature celebration going on here. If he pulled a surprise, this place would have been collectively apoplectic.

Now let’s get our big guy.

Reaction Score
I'm not confident in the BE conference in the long term, just given the college landscape and eventual pay for play scenarios coming down the pipe, among other things. But that could be 20 years out, and is merely speculative at this stage.

Short and intermediate term it's good for basketball. See latest exhibit in Jackson, Andre.

Happy to have him.
If that ever happens by that time football will probably be two hand touch and a thing parents tell their kids about how great it was. Looking 20 or so years down the road while the thing that makes your University tick is crumbling right before your eyes would've been insanity. UConn needs the Big East and the Big East needs UConn.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Any banners going up in NYC declaring UConn is NYC's team.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
From the Cuse board, coming to the realization on the resources/time spent and now denial.

"This is the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever read. He’s worried about Girard and Buddy keeping him off the court? Any top recruit in the country is not afraid of completion. These guys fear no completion especially not someone yet to play his 1st college game.

The damage control is unreal. Coaches went balls to the wall for this kid for 3 years. They wanted him bad. No need to spin
. "

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If that ever happens by that time football will probably be two hand touch and a thing parents tell their kids about how great it was. Looking 20 or so years down the road while the thing that makes your University tick is crumbling right before your eyes would've been insanity. UConn needs the Big East and the Big East needs UConn.

Where did I say we shouldn't have done it? I just think it's going the wrong way for most non P5 conferences at some point, even leaving aside potential changes in football. The big schools are where the most eyeballs, TVs, money, fans etc are. College sports is going to change drastically in the future, and maybe much earlier than 20yrs from now. Probably scaled down for most schools.

I'm not a CFB fan, but I was sad to see them give football the death penalty.

Reaction Score
Remember that doom and gloom thread a little while ago about how we're going to miss on every recruit? This is more fun.
Sorry, I was a big part of that. I was in a pissy mood that day for other reasons. I heard stuff for a long time that made me confident in Jackson and then it went dormant. Seemed we were losing positioning with our targets. Hurley's health had something to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom