Andre Jackson to UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
100%, we are already planning on showing up to that 3PM florida game at 8am...There is buzz on campus promise you that! Honestly I hope we can get to the point where I have to campout to see a Nova-UConn game. That would be an awesome experience lol
I hope you get a blizzard game some winter. During my time in the early 00s, there was I think a Pitt game at Gampel where a storm rolled in after Pitt got to town, but I think a state of emergency was called so no one was driving for this game. They just said anyone can go, so it became this weird cool thing in the dark of winter

Reaction Score
Jackson is someone who needs to improve his outside jumper, he only made five three-point jumpers in 19 EYBL games during the spring and summer, but he does virtually everything else at an extremely high-level.

Look for Connecticut to use Jackson in a variety of different ways on both ends of the court. He will likely be someone who switches screens one through four on defense, and then on offense he has the ability to play with the ball in his hands at times, to go along with making plays on the glass with his athleticism and offensive rebounding, and his ability to score going to the rim.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I also have never posted before (just religiously read this board every 2 hours) so figured I’d jump in on the fun. Currently a sophomore here at UConn, have been a die hard fan my whole life (Parents always had season tickets to Bball and Fb). One of the biggest deciding factors in me choosing UConn was the basketball program and how much it ment to me. I know we have one more season ahead...but i’ve been dreaming of walking into a Gample Big East matchup as a student, and with the team Hurley is throwing together who knows what we can do in the next 3 years! More importantly I can now trash talk my best friend whos at Xavier...!
Max
Nice first post! Welcome.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I hope you get a blizzard game some winter. During my time in the early 00s, there was I think a Pitt game at Gampel where a storm rolled in after Pitt got to town, but I think a state of emergency was called so no one was driving for this game. They just said anyone can go, so it became this weird cool thing in the dark of winter

Yes. That’s the game we had a 20ish point lead at half and managed to lose. F- - - Carl Krauser.

Reaction Score
Does the Cuse board not have an Andre Jackson thread? Wanted to see if they did and there didn't seem to be one.

Reaction Score
He is a clone of Mathisse Thybulle from Washington. If he can be half the defender Thybulle was, then we got ourselves a force!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Does the Cuse board not have an Andre Jackson thread? Wanted to see if they did and there didn't seem to be one.

They certainly do. Quality reading. It’s on their “basketball recruiting forum,” not their “Syracuse basketball board.”

2,000+ replies, but sadly they’ve locked the thread.

C

Chief00

At least the second time Hurley has done this so far (either Gaffney or Bouknight - I forget which one). Let's hope he can do whatever it is he's been doing on the Cam visit this month.
Yeah, he has them doing other fun things, rather than reading class catalogs and designing the perfect class schedule. One always looks for an inflection point and I think the Hami D disaster started a chain reaction that changed everything.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Love the title in the UConn Daily this morning...Mr. Jackson: I Am For Real. Well played. My response...now we just need to add a “Big Boi”.

God I miss that.

They don’t make music like that anymore.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
My brother was at that game and talks about it all the time.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I also have never posted before (just religiously read this board every 2 hours) so figured I’d jump in on the fun. Currently a sophomore here at UConn, have been a die hard fan my whole life (Parents always had season tickets to Bball and Fb). One of the biggest deciding factors in me choosing UConn was the basketball program and how much it ment to me. I know we have one more season ahead...but i’ve been dreaming of walking into a Gample Big East matchup as a student, and with the team Hurley is throwing together who knows what we can do in the next 3 years! More importantly I can now trash talk my best friend whos at Xavier...!
Max

Welcome to posting here at the madhouse. Like you, I was a UConn basketball fan before I got to campus. Unlike you, my games were in the field house or Civic Center. It leaked when it rained. I did watch them build Gampel. It opened the season after I graduated, but thankfully a student sticker had been procured, and my sister got a friend and I the gold pass student ticket (it was literally a single Willy Wonka style golden ticket and they punched out the games you attended). So I was in the 3rd or 4th row behind the basket for that first game against St. Johns. It was electric then. I am sure it will be again.

Reaction Score
It also was snowing like crazy when UNC got a beat down at Gampel by 30. It was the same day as the tuck play for the Pats - 1/19/02. I was driving home and heard the tuck play on the radio. Goodness that was almost 20 years ago.
I remember that day well despite being absolutely hammered. That was a wake up and crack a beer day.

Reaction Score
So I was in the 3rd or 4th row behind the basket for that first game against St. Johns. It was electric then. I am sure it will be again.
I was there as well, about the same level, mid-court. Will never forget that first game at Gampel. A really fond memory! I still love Gampel.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Wayyy more leaping ability than Mathisse

Reminds me of lonzo ball with much more leaping ability. The way he grabs a rebound and runs the break, head up looking for a pass and projects as a bigtime plus defender. It's also his laid back demeanor. AJ plays with an electrifying style in the full game replays I've watched. We're getting a special talent imo.

Reaction Score
Husky Hawk-I’m a bit older going back to Toby and Wes in the Fieldhouse with dirt floor! I remember that first Gampel game being offered $100 for my ticket by a St Johns fan. Haha, no way was I going to miss that game-we won!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01