Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson Testing the NBA Draft Waters: ESPN

Reaction Score
He is gone, no doubt! Good for him and
UConn basketball! Time to develop new recruits! Glad he helped bring a championship. Program is alive and well!
Newton is on professional track that takes him to Europe or somewhere similar!

Reaction Score
I would have bet my life on Andre jumping over 40" max vert. That is absolutely astonishing. I would have thought he'd hit 44". Still, looks like he's off to a good start.
It's pretty wild Jackson has the same max vert as Kemba and Pat Connaughton's max vert is 4.5 inches higher than Andre's.

Reaction Score
Lot of guys on Andre's team just forcing bad shots. Wish he was getting more touches
agreed. i think that the fact that he is willing and able to set up his teammates is making him stand out, though.

alex caruso has a famous quote that goes something like "players think they are getting interviewed to be CEO when the team is just hiring a janitor" -- lot of CEOs in this scrimmage

Reaction Score
It's pretty wild Jackson has the same max vert as Kemba and Pat Connaughton's max vert is 4.5 inches higher than Andre's.

I would imagine individual workouts will paint a different picture. There's simply no way his max vert is sub-40. I've seen the kid put his head above the rim.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This is not broken. If I’m a shot coach I see a ton of potential here … you get him to work on not starting from below his waist and he’ll improve immediately. An NBA team watching his interviews and knowing his work ethic would be crazy to not want to take a flyer on this kid.
+1 for the no dip team

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
This is one of the things that makes evaluating Andre Jackson so hard. I don't think it's a crazy statement to think he could carve out a PJ Tucker role, or someone threw out Andre Roberson as a comp too. But then you look at the stats and Andre Jackson has scored 506 points in 3 years at UConn, PJ Tucker scored 594 his junior year alone when he averaged 16 a game. Roberson wasn't quite as drastic but even he had 2 seasons averaging 11 a game.

Andre is just SO far behind these non-scoring NBA guys in his ability to score at the college level that it makes finding a comp hard for him
This is why, to me, Andre should come back and get SOME ability to score before going to the NBA.

If you can’t score at all it’s going to be hard to play. And Andre doesn’t have one move, shot, or anything he can be confident in. Not even attacks to the rim. And it’s not something teams will have patience developing when he’s pretty much starting from nothing.

He shot 16/25 from three but there’s so much wrong with his shot that teams probably don’t even care about the number with his form. Cause that’s not going to fly at the next level. Guys have had bad forms before, but there was production behind it. The Ball brothers were scorers regardless of the form. Andre has had no success with his.

I’m super worried about Andre if he goes now because guys do not like playing with or giving the ball to someone who just can’t score. The only reason he had the ball so much with us this year is because he was a go to guy and team leader and it won’t be like that in the NBA or even the G League. You can’t be a playmaker if you aren’t a threat to score and guys don’t trust you with the ball.

For those who have been watching the combine how has he looked offensively?

Reaction Score
This is not broken. If I’m a shot coach I see a ton of potential here … you get him to work on not starting from below his waist and he’ll improve immediately. An NBA team watching his interviews and knowing his work ethic would be crazy to not want to take a flyer on this kid.
I agree, he has a decent rotation and arch to his shot. Additionally, he has a soft shot. His issue is mainly confidence and visualizing the shot and blocking out other stuff during the shot process. I hear he has been getting good feedback and is likely gone. Very happy for Andre and his family, although I will miss him in a UConn uniform. If there was anyone who epitomized the resiliency, spirit and unselfishness of this year’s team, it was Andre. Whatever NBA team that calls his name will not regret it. I think there is a much bigger chance of an upside surprise than a downside one compared to the public slotting. Basketball people appreciate what Andre brings to the table.

Reaction Score
jackson just hit a really nice-looking floater. he got a bit deeper into the lane than some of the really crazy-looking ones he took at uconn.

sanogo has been SCORING. probably close to 16 points, 10 boards, and 2 blocks.
Sanogo is one of these guy that is just productive. I don’t care about his exact height, the so called pro profile - all he does is efficiently fill up the box score and win games.

Reaction Score
Our guys are showing out. Sanogo in particular may be helping himself get some workouts today.

Jackson's court awareness is top .0001% stuff. Set play, broken play, transition, anything. He just ALWAYS knows where his shooters are and how to get them the clip in rhythm.

Reaction Score
This is why, to me, Andre should come back and get SOME ability to score before going to the NBA.

If you can’t score at all it’s going to be hard to play. And Andre doesn’t have one move, shot, or anything he can be confident in. Not even attacks to the rim. And it’s not something teams will have patience developing when he’s pretty much starting from nothing.

He shot 16/25 from three but there’s so much wrong with his shot that teams probably don’t even care about the number with his form. Cause that’s not going to fly at the next level. Guys have had bad forms before, but there was production behind it. The Ball brothers were scorers regardless of the form. Andre has had no success with his.

I’m super worried about Andre if he goes now because guys do not like playing with or giving the ball to someone who just can’t score. The only reason he had the ball so much with us this year is because he was a go to guy and team leader and it won’t be like that in the NBA or even the G League. You can’t be a playmaker if you aren’t a threat to score and guys don’t trust you with the ball.

For those who have been watching the combine how has he looked offensively?
He has to go this year if he's getting the 1st round/early 2nd round promises he's getting though. Selfishly I'd love it if he comes back because it's better for UConn, but I'm not convinced coming back helps improve his scoring ability at all. And anything he could come back and learn, he'll develop 100x faster playing professionally than here

Reaction Score

another highlight sequence. dude is playing a different game.

incidentally, sanogo has looked pretty good playing pick-and-roll on the other end.

It's beautiful.

Reaction Score
I would imagine individual workouts will paint a different picture. There's simply no way his max vert is sub-40. I've seen the kid put his head above the rim.
Of course, he's always the most athletic guy on the court, that's why that number is so weird. I don't even know how it works, I assumed they give you multiple jumps and take the top jump. Maybe it's just one jump now and he slipped.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
He has to go this year if he's getting the 1st round/early 2nd round promises he's getting though. Selfishly I'd love it if he comes back because it's better for UConn, but I'm not convinced coming back helps improve his scoring ability at all. And anything he could come back and learn, he'll develop 100x faster playing professionally than here
I understand it’s best to go if he’s flirting with the 1st round, I’m just worried.

I hear the whole you can develop better in the NBA point too, I just don’t know if he’s going to get the in game reps he needs to really improve and if he’d be able to maintain his confidence if he struggles early. He’s just not going to have the command of any team, G League or not, that he would here. Here he pretty much has the green light to do what he wants and run the show.

It’d be interesting to see how it plays out as he’s not the same as a lot of guys who came in with defensive reputations. Guys like Draymond, Smart, and PJ were all NPOY candidates. Closest thing would be Thybulle and even he shot 36% from three and averaged above 10 PPG for most his college career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom