Andre Jackson ranking update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson ranking update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Most people who are wearing N95 masks are not getting the benefit to themselves because they don’t wear them tight enough. If u wear it properly after 20 min u will have pressure point lines on your face. Med folks are trained how to properly use them

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They’re not meant as filters....
Okay, what do you believe they are meant for? Symbology? Because that is the use for which they are most effective.

(If you say to stop the spread of the disease, particulate filtration is the engine that drives that.)

Reaction Score
Since this has now turned into a Covid thread, after basically the entire public health "expert" community bashed them relentlessly for like the past 2 months, Sweden is now the model going forward...

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as 'model' for countries

Reaction Score
Sweden is a largely homogeneous country where the relationship between the Gov and the Citizens is trusting and cooperative. That's certainly not the relationship we have here. Our culture largely reinforces our independence from government.

“What it (Sweden) has done differently is it has very much relied on its relationship with its citizenry and the ability and willingness of its citizens to implement self-distancing and self-regulate,” Ryan said. “In that sense, they have implemented public policy through that partnership with the population.”

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I feel confident most posters aren't taking medical advice from the idiots who post here. Lord help those who do.

For those of you handing it out, I hope the exercise gave you the ego boost you so desperately need, but don't delude yourself that your "wisdom" has done anything else.

CL82

Reaction Score
Since this has now turned into a Covid thread, after basically the entire public health "expert" community bashed them relentlessly for like the past 2 months, Sweden is now the model going forward...

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as 'model' for countries
Or not, once you equalize for population size:
1588253998294.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Or not, ounce you equalize for population size:
View attachment 53719
The point is these public health officials we're told to listen to and that the tech world is crushing any dissenting opinions of has basically gotten wrong and backtracked on everything. They told us the virus wasn't transmissable from person to person, they told us the US should be far more concerned with the flu, they told us masks do nothing for non health workers, they told us Sweden had it all wrong.

Reaction Score
Or not, ounce you equalize for population size:
View attachment 53719

Man, I really didn't want to contribute to this but,,,,,, I think one of the best comparisons for the effectiveness of Sweden's approach is to look at their two closest neighbors between which Sweden is sandwiched. Finland and Norway combined have about 10% higher population than Sweden but to be conservative let's call it equal. F&N have 12,616 cases and 413 deaths. Sweden has 20,302 cases and 2,462 deaths, 38% and 83% higher respectively. I don't have the testing rates which could alter the comparison of confirmed cases but shouldn't really affect the death count. What is so laudable about Sweden's performance?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I skipped from page 1 to page 3...how has this deteriorated? Guess I need to scroll page 2 and learn.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
They’re not meant as filters....

That type of mask is to stop you from spreading the virus by spewing it out unchecked into the world. And it works. It's not perfect, but it absolutely helps.

Anyway, back to Andre. I'm pumped as !@#$ for this kid. He'll have a better freshman year than Bouk.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The point is these public health officials we're told to listen to and that the tech world is crushing any dissenting opinions of has basically gotten wrong and backtracked on everything. They told us the virus wasn't transmissable from person to person, they told us the US should be far more concerned with the flu, they told us masks do nothing for non health workers, they told us Sweden had it all wrong.

Sweden's number of deaths compared to it's neighboring countries tells you all your need to know. Just because the govt has been wrong a lot, doesn't mean they are ALWAYS wrong. This is not a good strategy:

1588257743728.png

Plus, it's been shown there's no actual 'immunity' for some folks. People in South Korea and Asia have been getting it again after initially recovering.

Reaction Score
Sweden's number of deaths compared to it's neighboring countries tells you all your need to know. Not a good strategy:

View attachment 53721

Plus, it's been shown there's no actual 'immunity' for some folks. People in South Korea and Asia have been getting it again after initially recovering.
That's a really elementary way of looking at things. Head over to the cesspool if you want to discuss.

Reaction Score
Sweden's number of deaths compared to it's neighboring countries tells you all your need to know. Just because the govt has been wrong a lot, doesn't mean they are ALWAYS wrong. This is not a good strategy:

View attachment 53721

We also know that it impacts the black and brown community here in the US worse than white people (typically due to underlying health conditions) and the Swedish population is generally much healthier (and much whiter).

For example:

in Sweden:
Between 2007 and 2013 the prevalence of diabetes rose from 5.8 to 6.8% in Sweden but incidence remained constant at 4.4 per 1000 (2013).

in the US:
Among the US population overall, crude estimates for 2018 were: • 34.2 million people of all ages—or 10.5% of the US population—had diabetes. • 34.1 million adults aged 18 years or older—or 13.0% of all US adults—had diabetes (Table 1a; Table 1b). • 7.3 million adults aged 18 years or older who met laboratory criteria for diabetes were not aware of or did not report having diabetes (undiagnosed diabetes, Table 1b). This number represents 2.8% of all US adults (Table 1a) and 21.4% of all US adults with diabetes. • The percentage of adults with diabetes increased with age, reaching 26.8% among those aged 65 years or older (Table 1a).

We have 3 times as many people with diabetes alone than they have in the entire country. And we have a far denser society in our cities. Using Sweden as a guidepost for Maine, or the Dakotas, Idaho, Montana, etc might make sense. Using it to suggest what NYC does will virtually guarantee tens of thousands of deaths of black and brown people.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Or not, once you equalize for population size:
View attachment 53719
What I find interesting is that their confirmed case number/1M is LOWER than the US, but their death rate is higher. Is that an indictment on their health care system? Would also be interesting to see when they start serology testing to see what the penetration is

CL82

Reaction Score
I skipped from page 1 to page 3...how has this deteriorated? Guess I need to scroll page 2 and learn.
Lol (literally). To be honest, I had completely forgotten that this a Jackson thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom