Andre Jackson ranking update | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson ranking update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll try to get this back on track...

Anyone see this one? Found it last night. Not in a competitive setting, but Jackson does look extremely comfortable shooting from long distance.

I think the shooting is the icing on the cake. If he can get in the passing lanes, help handle/distribute the ball, rebound and run he's going to take pressure off Bouk, Cole, Polley, etc.

If he is active on offense and cuts to the rim as guys like Bouk, Cole, Gaffney are driving, then we're going to see a bunch of lobs.

I just hope we can keep him and Bouk on the court for more than one season.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That's a really elementary way of looking at things. Head over to the cesspool if you want to discuss.

No, you aren't thinking broad enough. Simply looks at demographics. Right now, with lock down, our health system is coming apart at the seems in areas. We simply do not have the infrastructural capacity to pull this off.

Also, without a vaccine, herd immunity is physically impossible for something that one cannot 'beat'. It ain't chicken pox.

I mean, I realize I can't argue with someone who's advocating for higher percentages of people to die. At it's basic level, it's a form of eugenics. Very, very weird and immoral hill to die on.

You are being snow jobbed by impatient politicians and business interests, pushing that idea because they want things to start up.

Oh, and as @WingU-Conn states, since you've expressed caring about this particular topic in the past, you'll be killing off a higher percentage of black and poor folks. Which is probably a plus in the minds of some of our populace. And what he didn't mention, is these people have far less access to treatment than wealthier folks. More adverse outcomes. Again, eugenics.

Since this has now turned into a Covid thread, after basically the entire public health "expert" community bashed them relentlessly for like the past 2 months, Sweden is now the model going forward...
WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as 'model' for countries

If you are trusting the WHO with anything, I mean anything, you are doing it wrong. They have been on the wrong side of this from day 1. They continue to be. And not for nothing, but it's no surprise that China has significant influence over that organization.

Reaction Score
No, you aren't thinking broad enough. Simply looks at demographics. Right now, with lock down, our health system is coming apart at the seems in areas. We simply do not have the infrastructural capacity to pull this off.

Also, without a vaccine, herd immunity is physically impossible for something that one cannot 'beat'. It ain't chicken pox.

I mean, I realize I can't argue with someone who's advocating for higher percentages of people to die. At it's basic level, it's a form of eugenics. Very, very weird and immoral hill to die on.

You are being snow jobbed by impatient politicians and business interests, pushing that idea because they want things to start up.

Oh, and as @WingU-Conn states, since you've expressed caring about this particular topic in the past, you'll be killing off a higher percentage of black and poor folks. Which is probably a plus in the minds of some of our populace. And what he didn't mention, is these people have far less access to treatment than wealthier folks. More adverse outcomes. Again, eugenics.

There's a reason ONE country in the western world is doing this as a matter of course. One.
This is the least informed and least productive post I've seen on this subject and there have been some really bad ones. And then you take it a step further and go the "you want people to die route."

You should probably delete your post, it reflects terribly on you.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

If you are trusting the WHO with anything, I mean anything, you are doing it wrong. They have been on the wrong side of this from day 1. They continue to be. And not for nothing, but it's no surprise that China has significant influence over that organization.

How is a vaccine possible if herd immunity isn't?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
How is a vaccine possible if herd immunity isn't?

Because natural 'herd immunity' does not occur quickly enough to stop the spread of something as virulent as COVID-19. It's not like you become permanently immune. Viruses mutate, your body naturally loses your immunity and so on. So the longer the time line to 'limited immunity', the more likely it is to stick around.

It's about speed of immunity implementation. True herd immunity is only possible with a vaccine that the majority of the population can get quickly. People are literally going to have to line up in huge groups and get injected in a very short period of time. It's going to be a mammoth undertaking.

A different type, but just an example of the process, see how diseases like Polio were wiped out. Eventually the virus dies out because enough people become immune fast enough to stop the spread.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Fauci says a vaccine by January is "doable".. Looks like we're playing BB in 2020
I'm going to say that's unlikely. Even if it were developed it would have to be disbursed to enough of the population to make it effective. Pretty tough to get all that done by November.

Reaction Score
Since this has now turned into a Covid thread, after basically the entire public health "expert" community bashed them relentlessly for like the past 2 months, Sweden is now the model going forward...

WHO lauds lockdown-ignoring Sweden as 'model' for countries

The credibility of the W.H.O. is at zero. They were telling the world in January there was no human to human transmission. They told us that face masks did no good. The refused to call it a pandemic until March 11th. Listen to the W.H.O. at your own peril.

Reaction Score
The credibility of the W.H.O. is at zero. They were telling the world in January there was no human to human transmission. They told us that face masks did no good. The refused to call it a pandemic until March 11th. Listen to the W.H.O. at your own peril.
No shart, I've explained this in no less than 10 posts on the subject. It's why I said I may be questioning Sweden's approach for the first time now that the WHO has all of a sudden said they should be the model going forward.

Reaction Score
Can one of the mods just sticky a “Bad Medical Takes” thread at the top and then whoever wants to can just use that as their echo chamber and not insert those thoughts into every other thread?
Why didn't you just read Chief's post and leave it at that. You stuck your 2 cents in and derailed the topic.

Reaction Score

Derail the topic ...... The sequel

Reaction Score
"Why don't we let people give bad public health advice in peace? When they post it, it isn't derailing it, but when you call it out, it is!"

I don't know, man, for some unknown reasons calls to state poison control numbers have jumped in the last week. Perhaps we shouldn't let people without real knowledge dominate the discussion in lieu of public health officials.

Andre Jackson: awesome get then, looks better every day. We're lucky to have Danny Hurley.

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
"Why don't we let people give bad public health advice in peace? When they post it, it isn't derailing it, but when you call it out, it is!"
Lol, technically @RayIsTheGOAT started the derail back in post #28:
1588270027442.png

Ironically enough, you liked his post.

Just sayin. ;)

Reaction Score
Lol, technically @RayIsTheGOAT started the derail back in post #28:
View attachment 53740
Ironically enough, you liked his post.

Just sayin. ;)
I mean, if that's the derailment, it sort of goes back to DreamJobbed. ;)

I don't think the above is the same as the later, but that's irrelevant. No need to clutter an already cluttered thread.

CL82

Reaction Score
I mean, if that's the derailment, it sort of goes back to DreamJobbed. ;)

I don't think the above is the same as the later, but that's irrelevant. No need to clutter an already cluttered thread.
Oh it always goes back to @Dream Jobbed 2.0...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom