Andre Jackson ranking update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson ranking update

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm really excited to see this kid play at the D1 level
He will have moments when people just sit in awe while there may be some head shaking
He is the most interesting recruit UConn has had in a while

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
How about a young Dr J (while at college--UMass)..But with a better handle/outside shot/similar hops??
If he were a young Dr. J with a better handle and outside shot he'll be going to the NBA next year, and be a NBA all star in a few years. Dr. J was one of the best ever, and he looked like a NBA player when he was in college.

Reaction Score
If he were a young Dr. J with a better handle and outside shot he'll be going to the NBA next year, and be a NBA all star in a few years. Dr. J was one of the best ever, and he looked like a NBA player when he was in college.
I agree with you

Reaction Score
I was careful in stating a young Dr J (at the college level).. I believe AJ has similar athleticism.. I am not predicting what a career in the NBA would look like for him.. Too soon.. Let him entertain us as a Husky for awhile.. FYI..Saw Dr J play vs Huskies at the Fieldhouse back in the day..

Reaction Score
The comp I've always liked is Zach Lavine. Probably the easy way out with that one, but the hops, playmaking, and size always seemed similar to me.

Andre probably is a better playmaker and less talented shooter. And I think Andre will be a more impactful college player just because he should be here 2 years IMO.

Reaction Score
The comp I've always liked is Zach Lavine. Probably the easy way out with that one, but the hops, playmaking, and size always seemed similar to me.

No reason to make comps hard lol.

Reaction Score
alright, all the praise is freakin me out. i feel like it’s covidbrain talking

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

Adam Finkelstein ranks UConn 2nd in incoming BIG EAST recruiting rankings
Depending on what we do with this final open spot I think we have a shot at being the best. Mac, Sanogo or a high end transfer like Fatts puts us over Marquette.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree but I said that when Hurley got hired. In order to get the “UConn level” recruits without having to scratch and claw like we did for Jackson is getting players in the NBA agin. The fact that UConn football players nearly double basketball in their professional leagues is not great. We need to get to 5-10-15 UConn players in the NBA to get the mojo back. This is an awesome development of it happens. Hurley is also going all out in 2021 so im excited.

Then we won't have the mojo back for a decade or so lol

Reaction Score

Andre probably is a better playmaker and less talented shooter. And I think Andre will be a more impactful college player just because he should be here 2 years IMO.
Hope he and Richie (former Bouk teammate) can keep him around for yr 3

C

Chief00

Tell that to the people still walking into grocery stores without masks.
I wear them to appear to be a good citizen but the typical cloth masks don’t block this small microscopic virus. The N95 only block it in water droplet form - from a cough or sneeze. The virus from breathing or talking doesn’t even get caught in an N95. That typically blocks 2.5 microns particle matter to 0.06 to 0.14 for the non water droplet COVID-19 virus. All this assumes they fit snugly, if not they are even less effective. I know people and politicians want the visible sign of security of these masks being worn but as NY, NJ and CT death tolls show it’s not working - we would be better off just being outside, wAshing hands, social distancing, especially when the weather is warm, sunny and humid.

Reaction Score
I wear them to appear to be a good citizen but the typical cloth masks don’t block this small microscopic virus. The N95 only block it in water droplet form - from a cough or sneeze. The virus from breathing or talking doesn’t even get caught in an N95. That typically blocks 2.5 microns particle matter to 0.06 to 0.14 for the non water droplet COVID-19 virus. All this assumes they fit snugly, if not they are even less effective. I know people and politicians want the visible sign of security of these masks being worn but as NY, NJ and CT death tolls show it’s not working - we would be better off just being outside, wAshing hands, social distancing, especially when the weather is warm, sunny and humid.
Please stick to basketball. Your public health takes are at best casual and at worst, absolutely terrible.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Please stick to basketball. Your public health takes are at best casual and at worst, absolutely terrible.
I’m not sure about the conclusion, but Chief posted an article which talked about the filtration limitations of masks generally and particularly homemade cloth ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104