Andre Jackson ranking update | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson ranking update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And their reasoning:

The more you watch Jackson, the more you can see his potential to grow into a one-and-done prospect. His frame is long, with high-end athleticism and emerging perimeter skills that enhance his ability to affect the game. Jackson will be one of the more exciting freshmen in the country next season, as he excels in transition and finishes plays with regularity. Not only an open-floor player, Jackson has a drive game combined with a rebounding presence, and has a huge upside as a defender because of his wingspan. Jackson has an aggressive, attacking style, and combining his current résumé with his future promise makes him move up the board. Jackson shows similarities to a young P.J. Tucker, as everything is in place to flourish once the outside shot comes.

Reaction Score
If he can translate his improvement in three point shooting to the college game to at least the point that defenders have to respect the shot, he’s going to be something else. Just not many guys that are going to be able to match up with him athletically if they aren’t allowed to play off him on the perimeter.

Reaction Score
Our 2021 recruiting class is going to have to bee REALLY good
I agree but I said that when Hurley got hired. In order to get the “UConn level” recruits without having to scratch and claw like we did for Jackson is getting players in the NBA agin. The fact that UConn football players nearly double basketball in their professional leagues is not great. We need to get to 5-10-15 UConn players in the NBA to get the mojo back. This is an awesome development of it happens. Hurley is also going all out in 2021 so im excited.

Reaction Score
Palpable Buzz. If Jackson is as advertised alongside Bouk and RJ?!? Good God I’m excited. Please let there be a season

Exactly. Throw in senior Whaley and hopefully Akok and that’s a LINEUP. Plus the bench has plenty to work with. Top 3 finish in the Big East.

Reaction Score
Exactly. Throw in senior Whaley and hopefully Akok and that’s a LINEUP. Plus the bench has plenty to work with. Top 3 finish in the Big East.
An article yesterday said Akok can be back as early as late November.

Reaction Score
And their reasoning:

The more you watch Jackson, the more you can see his potential to grow into a one-and-done prospect. His frame is long, with high-end athleticism and emerging perimeter skills that enhance his ability to affect the game. Jackson will be one of the more exciting freshmen in the country next season, as he excels in transition and finishes plays with regularity. Not only an open-floor player, Jackson has a drive game combined with a rebounding presence, and has a huge upside as a defender because of his wingspan. Jackson has an aggressive, attacking style, and combining his current résumé with his future promise makes him move up the board. Jackson shows similarities to a young P.J. Tucker, as everything is in place to flourish once the outside shot comes.
This write up doesn't even mention the plus passing ability (though his turnovers will need to be lowered).

Reaction Score
Whaley, Bouk, Jackson, Cole - Love it. Hoping Polley is healthy enough to round out the starting 5. He would be perfect fit with that group. Especially if he rebounds like he did in the last game before he got hurt.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Krikey! Already talking about one-and-done. That would be awesome on the one hand but I hope we get to enjoy him for a couple of years.

Dont know anything about him beyond what I’ve read in all the articles out there, but from what I’ve read he has a GREAT head on his shoulders and support system around him. Ultimately when the time comes at the end of next season, I trust they will make the correct decision regarding going pro vs returning g to college.

He grew up in Syracuse territory and he and his family was smart enough to pick UConn over the Orange so they know how to make good choices...

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
From the Borges article

“I’m really ready for the next chapter,” added Jackson. “I’m thankful for all the things that Coach Fruscio and Albany Academy did for me, but I’m really ready to make this next step and get myself together so I can go to UConn and play the next four years of my life there.”

One and done doesn't seem to be on his mind as of now

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I agree but I said that when Hurley got hired. In order to get the “UConn level” recruits without having to scratch and claw like we did for Jackson is getting players in the NBA agin. The fact that UConn football players nearly double basketball in their professional leagues is not great. We need to get to 5-10-15 UConn players in the NBA to get the mojo back. This is an awesome development of it happens. Hurley is also going all out in 2021 so im excited.
I hear and agree with your premise that we need to get players in the league again.

... but comparing a sport that has 55 players on a roster and 32 teams to one with 15 players on a roster and 30 teams is a bit silly.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Palpable Buzz. If Jackson is as advertised alongside Bouk and RJ?!? Good God I’m excited. Please let there be a season
... and we may be getting Akok back.

(Still doomed, completely and totally doomed.)

Reaction Score
I hear and agree with your premise that we need to get players in the league again.

... but comparing a sport that has 55 players on a roster and 32 teams to one with 15 players on a roster and 30 teams is a bit silly.
]… part of the formula also includes a major influx of NBA players from outside the USA which further dilutes the potential for UConn or any college to have their players drafted, which is I think totally not the case in the NFL

Reaction Score

Technically the NFL roster size is 53, 46 are active on game day and 10 practice squad players are allowed per team, so there’s way more players who can make it. I suppose practice squad players are similar to G league guys. But still, NFL has a total of nearly 1700 active players (not including practice squad) where as the NBA has 450. So it’s not a surprise really. NFL also has much more specialized roles for certain players i.e. long snapper, kicker, punter, special teams players etc.

Getting guys to the NBA is obviously a huge boost in recruiting. Things are trending upward in that direction for the program. Getting Jackson after how hard Hurley went after him seems like a huge turning point in recruiting for the program. Very curious to see how the next two classes play out (along with the open scholly currently).

Reaction Score
Still ranked outside of the top 100 on 247, just below Nate Tabor lol.
1588173931764.png

Umm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member