Andre Jackson goes #36 to Milwaukee Buck (via Orlando) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson goes #36 to Milwaukee Buck (via Orlando)

Reaction Score
As for Adama - All he does is beat up his opponent and win games.
Who outplayed him?
I don’t recall anyone doing that.
We didn't play any centers that got drafted. Clowney played the 4 against us.

Reaction Score
Wait a sec…Danny was at the draft, watched Hawkins get drafted and then teleported to Albany?

(Edit - no. Was not Albany.)
Donovan was at both too. Teams crazy connexted

Reaction Score
So do you acknowledge no one outplayed him in nearly 40 games?
Ighodaro in the @Marq game for sure. Dixon in the XL game too. Tyrese Samuel had some good defensive games against us but didn't really do much on offense so more of a draw.

Reaction Score
He could be dreymond green but athletic or a guy that bounces around from team to team. Just stay athletic and practice shooting correctly. Nice life.

Reaction Score
Ighodaro in the @Marq game for sure. Dixon in the XL game too. Tyrese Samuel had some good defensive games against us but didn't really do much on offense so more of a draw.
So you don’t appreciate what he did for us, and his chances of playing in the league. Thanks.

Reaction Score
So you don’t appreciate what he did for us, and his chances of playing in the league. Thanks.
I agree - crazy. Adama is a winner. He took a couple Big East Ref handicap games comparison when Adama was in foul trouble due to the Big East handicapping for UConn’s talent.

Reaction Score
Rolling my eyes. I'm using logic to explain a result some people can't seem to comprehend with their own logic. It has nothing to do with appreciating him or what he did for the team. I just don't care for hyperbole offered as fact and I was asked to respond with specifics so I did. The chances of any UDFA are not high, though some do succeed. I trust his work ethic, but I'm not going to assume a low percentage likelihood thing happens just because I love the guy. I trust he's on the grind already, but sometimes that's not enough.

pj

Reaction Score
So do you acknowledge no one outplayed him in nearly 40 games?
For sure ... no one outplays Adama.

He's going to make the NBA in time, he's still on a rapid upward trajectory with his game and if Chicago doesn't give him his chance someone else will. Hope he gets good coaching and a real opportunity to develop whatever it is they are looking for.

Reaction Score
So damn happy for Andre. Kid worked through some tough times, made himself such an important piece for any team he would be part of. If he can blow up his shot with help and find a way to be even a decent shooter he will be such a good NBA player. Even as who he is, in the right fit he always will have a spot.

Good luck Andre!!

Reaction Score
Thrilled for Andre — don’t watch much NBA but seems like a good landing spot.

Anyone have insights on how his deal will work out? It seems like more early 2nd round guys get 2 years guaranteed, but I’m not super familiar with how it works beyond the team having all discretion.

Reaction Score
Thrilled for Andre — don’t watch much NBA but seems like a good landing spot.

Anyone have insights on how his deal will work out? It seems like more early 2nd round guys get 2 years guaranteed, but I’m not super familiar with how it works beyond the team having all discretion.
Looking at the 2022 draft class, there seems to be a couple different outcomes but I will boil it down to what seems clear:

1. His 2023-24 salary will be around $1 million (it was $1.017 mil for all 2022 guys so assume this ticks up a hair)
  2. HIs 2024-25 salary will be around $1.7 million (it was $1.719 mil for all 2022 guys so assume this ticks up a hair)
  3. From looking at the contracts of the guys below, year 3 would be about $2.02 million if offered a 3 year contract up front (more on the likelihood of getting year 3 below)
So with years 1 and 2 set, this is where there is some variance:
  • Max Christie was picked one spot before Andre in 2022 (pick 35) and only has a 2 year deal, after year 2 is restricted free agency
  • Jaden Hary was picked one spot after Andre in 2022 (pick 37) and has a 3 year deal with year 3 being partially guaranteed ($2.019 million if not cut from team for full season)
  • Kennedy Chandler 2 spots behind Andre in 2022 and got the largest guaranteed contract for a 2nd round pick ever 4 years 7.1 million, 4.94 guaranteed.
  • Bryce McGowens 3 spots behind Andre in 2022 and a 4 year deal, only 2 guaranteed before RFA. Year 3 would be that same $2.019 million, Year 4 would be about $2.2 million
So like you said, 2 years guaranteed is the minimum along with about $3 million total, but the Bucks can offer more as the examples above show with 3 of the 4 guys selected around the same spot as Andre last year.

*the guy selected the same spot as Andre in 2022 has not come over from Europe yet

Reaction Score
Looking at the 2022 draft class, there seems to be a couple different outcomes but I will boil it down to what seems clear:

1. His 2023-24 salary will be around $1 million (it was $1.017 mil for all 2022 guys so assume this ticks up a hair)
  2. HIs 2024-25 salary will be around $1.7 million (it was $1.719 mil for all 2022 guys so assume this ticks up a hair)
  3. From looking at the contracts of the guys below, year 3 would be about $2.02 million if offered a 3 year contract up front (more on the likelihood of getting year 3 below)
So with years 1 and 2 set, this is where there is some variance:
  • Max Christie was picked one spot before Andre in 2022 (pick 35) and only has a 2 year deal, after year 2 is restricted free agency
  • Jaden Hary was picked one spot after Andre in 2022 (pick 37) and has a 3 year deal with year 3 being partially guaranteed ($2.019 million if not cut from team for full season)
  • Kennedy Chandler 2 spots behind Andre in 2022 and got the largest guaranteed contract for a 2nd round pick ever 4 years 7.1 million, 4.94 guaranteed.
  • Bryce McGowens 3 spots behind Andre in 2022 and a 4 year deal, only 2 guaranteed before RFA. Year 3 would be that same $2.019 million, Year 4 would be about $2.2 million
So like you said, 2 years guaranteed is the minimum along with about $3 million total, but the Bucks can offer more as the examples above show with 3 of the 4 guys selected around the same spot as Andre last year.

*the guy selected the same spot as Andre in 2022 has not come over from Europe yet

Appreciate the info here.

Reaction Score
And just to add additional context, Kennedy Chandler has already been released by Memphis. So the 2nd round really is a crapshoot
Truth is, guys get picked in the second round for good reasons. Usually, it’s a grind to stick around long term. There will always be outliers with a few really succeeding. Most don’t make it very long.

I am of course very happy for Andre but in hindsight knowing what we know now, I think he should have came back. The second round would always be available to him. Now, maybe the medicals scared teams late and at the deadline he was receiving different information. Probably. But risk/reward shifted dropping into second round long term.

Reaction Score
Dre stepped on campus with an injury and missed time in two of three seasons. He’ll play next season at age 22, which is impossibly young for almost everything except professional basketball. Basketball becomes his job now with access to the best of everything. He was the 36th overall pick and joins a solid basketball organization. He is so happy and ready right now. Coming back guaranteed nothing.

Reaction Score
Truth is, guys get picked in the second round for good reasons. Usually, it’s a grind to stick around long term. There will always be outliers with a few really succeeding. Most don’t make it very long.

I am of course very happy for Andre but in hindsight knowing what we know now, I think he should have came back. The second round would always be available to him. Now, maybe the medicals scared teams late and at the deadline he was receiving different information. Probably. But risk/reward shifted dropping into second round long term.

The medicals would have scared them next year as well. Look at how Cam Whitmore fell. Might as well work on developing his shot and getting paid a ton to do it.

Reaction Score
Bucks did their homework on Andre.. Once picks were in around #30.. They knew they had a shot at getting him(per GM Horst) and wanted to make sure.. So they traded up with Orlando .. In the press conference after the picks were in with Milwaukee media.. On YouTube.. Horst was pretty excited that they were able to get Andre with their first pick of the draft. Great fit as a connector/defender/high BBIQ/championship mentality. New coach (Griffen) had input as well and believes Andre is an excellent fit.. especially because they believe in his ability to defend positions 1-4.. Andre left a strong impression with his interview after his workout with Bucks.

Happy for him to be with a winning organization.. You know he'll put in the work/sweat equity to improve.

Last edited:

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
The medicals would have scared them next year as well. Look at how Cam Whitmore fell. Might as well work on developing his shot and getting paid a ton to do it.
It’s water under the bridge. But I would’ve loved to see how scouts looked at him after a full season playing like he did from February on.

Something definitely clicked for him when it came to figuring out how to score. Think it would’ve been helpful to him to be fully confident heading into the NBA understanding how he can get his which I’m not all the way sure of right now. When you look at his percentages I think the most notable jump was him just figuring out how to convert more 2s.
IMG_1378.png
IMG_1379.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom