Andre Jackson goes #36 to Milwaukee Buck (via Orlando) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Andre Jackson goes #36 to Milwaukee Buck (via Orlando)

Reaction Score
I don't know why you're still going with this. You claim to ask a genuine question and then when 12 people all chime in with the same answer you push back. Really starting to seem like you just wanted to bash Andre on his way out by questioning his decision
Welcome to the boneyard. You have an opinion that is different than consensus and are immediately put on the defensive. Rather than make claims, show me where I bashed Andre.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Why are we still talking about this? It was crystal clear that it was Jackson's time to go. And he ended up in the perfect place. Win-win. Those still questioning the move remind me of Baloo at the end of The Jungle Book.

Reaction Score
Welcome to the boneyard. You have an opinion that is different than consensus and are immediately put on the defensive. Rather than make claims, show me where I bashed Andre.
Maybe bash is a bit strong, but you have repeatedly questioned his decision to leave despite the reasoning being explained to you far more times than was deserved

Reaction Score
Convenient because it fits your narrative. Andre certainly could have fixed his mechanics all summer as well in Storrs, Amsterdam ny or where ever.
What’s silly is your notion that the g league is the only place he can fix his shot.

He's had 3 years to work on his shot and by all reports HAS worked diligently on improving his shooting and it hasn't happened. The proof is in the pudding. What do you think would have been different this time around?

Reaction Score
To me, you only return to school if a) you aren't on any draft boards or b) a freshman who maybe is late pick but is going into sophomore year with lottery upside.

Jackson now has an NBA team that for his sake hopefully has millions invested into to help with his shot working 24/7. I know people like to downplay it for whatever reason but without having school to deal with that frees up even more of his time for 1 on 1 NBA shooting coaching.

Think he has a lot to offer in the NBA if he can improve even just a bit.
I would agree with you if NIL wasn't a thing. I just think with NIL in the picture he could've came back for another year and made some good money because the first round was never a guarantee for him this year. He could've spent this season really working hard on his shot while helping us towards the repeat and then easily could've been drafted mid to late first, or at the absolute worst where he was drafted Thursday night.

Reaction Score
Maybe bash is a bit strong, but you have repeatedly questioned his decision to leave despite the reasoning being explained to you far more times than was deserved
I am questioning the responses from posters on this board. If I don’t agree with them and they attack me, am I supposed to accept that as fact? All of this is subjective, remember that.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
If he’s able to fix his jump shot mechanics, he’s going to make a ton of money either way. It would be foolish to bet the farm on it given the data we have so far. He would need a lot of variables to break his way to go 36 or better next year. This way, he makes good money and has a franchise heavily invested in him developing into an nba player—whether that’s with shooting or impacting the game otherwise.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would agree with you if NIL wasn't a thing. I just think with NIL in the picture he could've came back for another year and made some good money because the first round was never a guarantee for him this year. He could've spent this season really working hard on his shot while helping us towards the repeat and then easily could've been drafted mid to late first, or at the absolute worst where he was drafted Thursday night.

Could be that he needs a fresh set of eyes in helping construct and work on his shot. Also never know with the injury bug.

I'm not sure there really was an attainable improvement he could make to bump him up to 1st round status factoring in him being 1 year older as well.

Reaction Score
I am questioning the responses from posters on this board. If I don’t agree with them and they attack me, am I supposed to accept that as fact? All of this is subjective, remember that.
But the answers to your question aren't subjective, that's what you're missing. Andre Jackson was OBJECTIVELY projected to go late 1st round to early 2nd round in every single mock draft. The mock drafts for the UConn guys were all being posted here, you can go back and read them. Andre Jackson OBJECTIVELY chose to remain in the draft. That's the answer to your question. The fact that you don't agree with his choice doesn't change those facts

Reaction Score
Kid made a decision, seems happy with the result.

Sometimes easiest to say congratulations & move on versus second, third, fourth guessing the decision that the player seems ultimately happy with.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Kid made a decision, seems happy with the result.

Sometimes easiest to say congratulations & move on versus second, third, fourth guessing the decision that the player seems ultimately happy with.
From everything that was said it didn’t seem like his decision. It sounded like he needed a lot of convincing. Just hope that convincing was the right advice for him to be able to have a good NBA career.

Reaction Score
Andre Jackson won a National Championship and worked his way to being selected by a front office that recognizes his strengths and weaknesses upfront and are excited to add his skills to the reigning #1seed in the Eastern Conference and the 2021 NBA champions.

What an incredible past few months for our Captain! Excited to see his dreams continue to move forward! I have no doubt he is ready to put in the work and continue develop, this time with NBA resources.

Reaction Score
It seems fairly clear the staff was supporting/encouraging his move to go. That should speak volumes.

As for his shot, he's been in Ct for 3 years. If he stays and his shot doesn't get better it hurts his draft stock next year. An NBA team will have many more resources than Uconn, and Dre will have much more time to devote to his craft.

Sorry, but I don't see a benefit to Andre if he stayed...just Uconn

Reaction Score
It seems fairly clear the staff was supporting/encouraging his move to go. That should speak volumes.

As for his shot, he's been in Ct for 3 years. If he stays and his shot doesn't get better it hurts his draft stock next year. An NBA team will have many more resources than Uconn, and Dre will have much more time to devote to his craft.

Sorry, but I don't see a benefit to Andre if he stayed...just Uconn
The benefit is 8-16 million in guaranteed money and a greater than 60% chance of a second contract vs a less than 40% of one. 0nly 12 players drafted in the second round in 2020 are still on rosters. To dismiss that and make it sound as if we are just thinking of UConn and not Andre is comical. Those are facts. Your post is simply misinformed.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The benefit is 8-16 million in guaranteed money and a greater than 60% chance of a second contract vs a less than 40% of one. 0nly 12 players drafted in the second round in 2020 are still on rosters. To dismiss that and make it sound as if we are just thinking of UConn and not Andre is comical. Those are facts. Your post is simply misinformed.
If he comes back, I think it's unlikely he gets drafted at all. Hurley seemed to know this. He rode the NC performance and the fact that people were intrigued by his athleticism and skills to a 2nd round pick. Andre was dead set on coming back, but didn't. Andre coming back was a ticket to being here two more years and going overseas. Let's be realistic about that. Now Milwaukee is invested enough to work on fixing his shot, and he has a chance to become an NBA player. I don't expect him to make the roster next fall, nor do the Bucks need him to. It's a good situation for him.

Reaction Score

This is absurd. He struck while the iron was hot. All this "all he had to do was stick around this summer and develop a jump shot that has eluded him for 20 years and he'd be guaranteed to make $20M next year" is ridiculous.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If Andre makes the improvement over the next year that would warrant "8-16 million in guaranteed money" coming out of college; how much would he get as an NBA free agent? Double?

Reaction Score
If Andre makes the improvement over the next year that would warrant "8-16 million in guaranteed money" coming out of college; how much would he get as an NBA free agent? Double?
Max deal?

Reaction Score
This is absurd. He struck while the iron was hot. All this "all he had to do was stick around this summer and develop a jump shot that has eluded him for 20 years and he'd be guaranteed to make $20M next year" is ridiculous.
Huh? 20 mil next year? What are you talking about? The 20 mil guaranteed is what Jordan Hawkins will make of both options are picked up over 4 years. The idea was Andre could play himself into the lottery. Not surprising you totally missed the point.

Reaction Score
Huh? 20 mil next year? What are you talking about? The 20 mil guaranteed is what Jordan Hawkins will make of both options are picked up over 4 years. The idea was Andre could play himself into the lottery. Not surprising you totally missed the point.
There's been 2 seniors selected in the lottery in the last 4 drafts combined, give it up already.

Reaction Score
Hooray for AJ! Went towards his draft ceiling because somebody appreciates he’s special. Gotta love the kid.

Reaction Score
So glad he went to a playoff team, think he would've gotten buried behind "high upside" players on bad teams. Perfect fit, will have a chance right away to lead the second team unit.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had to post this somewhere, but didn't want to start a new thread.

This guy is my new favorite pitcher on the Pirates. He's appeared in 2 games so far, faced 15 batters, retired all of them.

Reaction Score
I had to post this somewhere, but didn't want to start a new thread.

This guy is my new favorite pitcher on the Pirates. He's appeared in 2 games so far, faced 15 batters, retired all of them.

I was hoping you'd mention this. I was looking for a whole new thread

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
There's been 2 seniors selected in the lottery in the last 4 drafts combined, give it up already.
Thanks. That puts a whole new light on the probability of a senior (who stays in college and even risks a serious injury) getting drafted as a lottery pick.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom