Andra Espinoza-Hunter considering six schools for transfer | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Andra Espinoza-Hunter considering six schools for transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Geno’s comments about AEH weren’t made in an official announcement or at a press conference. They were made at an unofficial event where his comments are generally not disseminated to the public. It was his misfortune that Boneyarders attended that particular event. The criticism of Geno here is unfair - the Boneyard was the one that broadcast the news and now the Boneyard is blaming Geno for it
@HuskyNan I have to disagree that the criticism of Geno here is unfair. I'm not sure what you mean by "unofficial event" but Geno would not be adressing that group of people if he were not the coach of UCONN WBB team nor would Boneyarders be as intrested in attending. AEH transfer was also addressed on something called The Geno Auriemma Show by Geno in a much more positive light. Geno could have and should have done much better.

Reaction Score
IMO she has included MSU in her list just to throw salt into the wound. Aren't they losing about 4 starters from this year's team next season? If so, I would think that this is their season, with no future season on the horizon?

Are you being serious?

Reaction Score
That would not make sense. Why would he recruit and offer to a player that would not have potential to be of benefit. Maybe he meant that she has not yet had an impact to lose.

Every UConn player is recruited to make a huge impact?

Reaction Score
It takes a lot to shock me anymore. But reading this thread? Geez. I am shocked at how some are trying to turn this transfer into a bigger deal than it really is. I don't know Andra from Eve and wish her well wherever she ends up. But she is about as forgettable and replaceable of a player as you will find transfer. For starters, UConn really didn't even need 3 guards from the class of 2017 to begin with.

Reaction Score
Freshmen are not required to make sense. Whether she left by her own decision or Geno's--has much to do with why she departed. So don't try to make sense out of a decision she may not have made. If the decision is Geno's it becomes too personal.
I liked every thing I SAW about AEH, I had great expectations for her future. I don't worry about the in coming highly recruited newbies---we've seen too many that didn't pan out. Most Uconn kids arrive with some level of fan fare--initially it's near impossible to predict their futures, except Walker and players of her caliber.

Hey, I didn't just fall off the back-end of a turnip truck! I've been around for many years and have a pretty good idea what happens in front and behind the cameras. My previous remarks about AEH's lack of good decision making had (as clearly stated) more to what she (and those advising her) knew before she enrolled at UConn. Whether she or Geno pulled the final string is really unimportant. She left because her unreasonable expectations led to an attitude that could not be lived with.

Reaction Score
Geno is a public Wow is he a public figure, larger than life and too often willing to say whats better not said.
The forum in which it stated those word reported was, reported too be, among Philly fans. In today's world ALL people of NOTE are aware of the potential of those words being wide spread. The onus is on Geno to protect words not to be published. The only way for his words to not be publish is for him not to say them.
The Boneyard fans, critics, haters, are not responsible for his words, regardless of how they were obtained the owner ship of those words remain with GENO .

If that is unfair--blame the world--the world is unfair---destroy cell phones, stop speaking in forum of fans, or use guarded speech. Most public figures, Geno is one, knows the potential of their words being spread. Is it unfair to accurately report the actual words Geno spoke---regardless of where they were spoken??
I have no problem with what Geno said. But I agree that, IF he didn’t want it to get out, then just don’t say it. He is fully aware of today’s consumer technology and social media.

That said, in this instance the videographer has told us that he held the recording device high over his head in plain sight for 40 minutes. I’m sure if Geno had asked that his comments not be recorded his wishes would have been respected.

Reaction Score
I seem to remember several boneyarders predicted that about A'ja Wilson when she declined UConn's offer. How'd that work out?
AEH is not in Ajas hemisphere as a freshmen basketball player. Aja never came to Uconn but if she did I will go out on a limb saying Aja never transfers and would have 3 NCs right now instead of 1. In reality she has a NC but has not come within single digits of beating Uconn! Uconn by 25 on Feb. 1.

Reaction Score
She’s going to be a good one. Was very impressed with the 4 or 5 minutes a game we saw her. Don’t even want to know why she left. She was the extra guard we needed. Not sure what happened but I wish her success.

Reaction Score
Geno’s comments about AEH weren’t made in an official announcement or at a press conference. They were made at an unofficial event where his comments are generally not disseminated to the public. It was his misfortune that Boneyarders attended that particular event.

The criticism of Geno here is unfair - the Boneyard was the one that broadcast the news and now the Boneyard is blaming Geno for it
Nan, Geno did nothing wrong as far as I am concerned! He has always been a straight shooter in my book! That was an event he might have let his guard down and I hope it doesnt make him back off from doing them. If he decides to it is understandable. You are 100% correct!

Reaction Score
I agree, for some players like EDD that left to be close to her sister or Butler that gave it her all, worked her tail off and just wanted to play significant minutes in her final season I totally understand and am pulling for them. However, players that simply quit on the team and their teammates and are unwilling to make the sacrifices needed, I just don't get it. Honestly, I couldn't care less about their futures, as Mr. Wonderful from Shark Tank would say "They are dead to me".
She’s a kid. ,

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
AEH is not in Ajas hemisphere as a freshmen basketball player. Aja never came to Uconn but if she did I will go out on a limb saying Aja never transfers and would have 3 NCs right now instead of 1. In reality she has a NC but has not come within single digits of beating Uconn! Uconn by 25 on Feb. 1.

"In reality" A'Ja has a championship that many here said she would never have. I can't remmeber if you were one of them, just in case you were, consider the original post and this one a reminder that you were wrong.

Reaction Score
Whether or not any criticism leveled at the so-called "egomaniac" in Storrs is fair is a matter of utter indifference to me...I just hope the egomaniac declines to retire before he's at least eighty. And, if I may add just one more thing: We live, I'm happy to say, in a long-sought-for age when we approach female participation in all walks of life as a desirable thing - at least I do. Part and parcel of that felicitous reality is that we need to abandon all attempts, to the greatest extent possible, to employ double-standards in our collective reaction to related events. I am not female, but, if I were, I certainly think I would vote in favor of that idea. "Don't give me special treatment...just an equal shot." Just imagine if an unhappy Freshman on the men's team elected to transfer out. Would the same energy be expended on their fan forum be devoted to worrying about his "feelings"? C'mon...be honest! Let's not try to have it both ways!

Reaction Score
Nothing against AEH who I hope will find a team that she'm get a lot of playing time and success! It seemed to me that the mistake was UConn taking 4 players who are very similar in one class basically 2-3 players with Coombs being able to play the 1)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Whether or not any criticism leveled at the so-called "egomaniac" in Storrs is fair is a matter of utter indifference to me...I just hope the egomaniac declines to retire before he's at least eighty. And, if I may add just one more thing: We live, I'm happy to say, in a long-sought-for age when we approach female participation in all walks of life as a desirable thing - at least I do. Part and parcel of that felicitous reality is that we need to abandon all attempts, to the greatest extent possible, to employ double-standards in our collective reaction to related events. I am not female, but, if I were, I certainly think I would vote in favor of that idea. "Don't give me special treatment...just an equal shot." Just imagine if an unhappy Freshman on the men's team elected to transfer out. Would the same energy be expended on their fan forum be devoted to worrying about his "feelings"? C'mon...be honest! Let's not try to have it both ways!
Breathe! Do you want him to retire or do you want him to "decline" to retire? :eek::D:D:D:D

Last edited:

Jim

Reaction Score
Regarding the ego-maniac comment, I find it impossible to believe that CD, Marissa, and Shea weren't all in agreement that this was the best way forward for both AEH and the team. I think Geno purposefully took the heat away from everyone else.

For all those suggesting Geno this is some new pre-retirement behavior, with Geno it has always been "my way, or the highway." You might recall Geno in 1985 not inviting some players on the team he inherited to return. And in the Geno Auriemma Show segment he says it is rarely a single event which causes a player to leave but rather something which builds over time.

Lastly, at no time does Geno personally disparage AEH. He says she was a good teammate and gave no indications that there were academic issues, so I don't think he said anything that would hurt her chances to play elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Can we get rid of this trail. She was here for nothing but a hot second. If she wants to do her own thing as Geno alluded to then I would say tOSU is perfect for her.

Reaction Score
If she had given it time, she would have developed into an outstanding player. She was third off the bench behind Z and Megan. Don't understand why she expected more than that. She obviously was not ready for more minutes. Megan has had to wait until recently to get consistent minutes.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
If she had given it time, she would have developed into an outstanding player. She was third off the bench behind Z and Megan. Don't understand why she expected more than that. She obviously was not ready for more minutes. Megan has had to wait until recently to get consistent minutes.
Not sure how we can conclude that AEH "expected more" or that she was "not ready for more minutes" when Geno is telling us that playing time was NOT an issue in the transfer.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
All fans please note. Dont blame Geno for this. It was coming. The team comes first and some of the tweets Ive read in this thread are dead wrong. The right thing in this instance for the team .

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22