An offer is in | Page 6 | The Boneyard

An offer is in

Reaction Score
That algorithm is based on current conditions, though. Friday night, heading to/from NJ, that number is definition gonna change. It's more of a snapshot than a promise.

That is correct. The programs don't make predictions. They tell you the time if nothing changes for better or worse along the route.

Having said that, on a Friday in metro New York, we're already in what is normally the peak of heavy traffic.

Reaction Score
Sure. Because between you throwing an estimate out off the top of your head, versus relying on a complex computer program with state of the art algorithms that gets data from a huge percentage of people in cars with their cellphones on, a rational person is going to give great weight to the pull it out of your butt estimate.

I didn't give an estimate, I didn't even disagree.

It's Friday afternoon, man! Take a deep breath, you sound like someone stuck in traffic.

Reaction Score
I didn't give an estimate, I didn't even disagree.

It's Friday afternoon, man! Take a deep breath, you sound like someone stuck in traffic.

LOL. I'm someone who doesn't bother to ever leave the office early on a Friday, because you can't get from Stamford to Fairfield without waiting until 7 to role around anyway.

Reaction Score
It doesn't take 5.5 hours to get from CT to North Jersey. It takes at least that long to do it from Pittsburgh.
Sure @storrsroars, but what would you know as a relatively long term Pittsburgh resident? This being the Boneyard, a whole lot of smudging facts out of convenience occurs and far too many people aren't too keen on dealing in many facts!

Reaction Score
upload_2018-3-16_17-16-0.png

Reaction Score
I think his wife wants to stay @ URI.

Not sure she was at the game yesterday. She is very close to the players @ URI.

Hard to leave "Fatts" Russell. Hurley is in love with the kid and the feeling is mutual.

It may be recorded somewhere that Hurley gave a nod to him during the season that he was staying @ URI. Someone was taunting "Fatts" with the Hurley will leave chant.

Reaction Score

Hard to leave "Fatts" Russell. Hurley is in love with the kid and the feeling is mutual.

Bring him with!

Reaction Score

Fatts can sleepover in the offseason.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

It may be recorded somewhere that Hurley gave a nod to him during the season that he was staying @ URI. Someone was taunting "Fatts" with the Hurley will leave chant.

Whelp, she can stay in her house, and Hurley can take an apt half way to Storrs. Be about a 40min drive either way.

Any of those players are welcome to come to UCONN.

Hurley didn't know what was happening during the season, so of course he's going to say he'll be back.

That's all I got.

Hopefully we get somebody decent.

Reaction Score
You have ZERO credibility
Hey at least I change my tune on Hurley. I knew Ollie was out on Friday night before it was official. I actually post that here before the announcement. I still prefer others over Hurley. We are setting him up to be a savior. He is a good but not great coach. His recruiting abilities r overrated.

Reaction Score
Hey at least I change my tune on Hurley. I knew Ollie was out on Friday night before it was official. I actually post that here before the announcement. I still prefer others over Hurley. We are setting him up to be a savior. He is a good but not great coach. His recruiting abilities r overrated.

How can we properly rate his recruiting abilities if he's only coached at Wagner and URI?

arch

Reaction Score
How can we properly rate his recruiting abilities if he's only coached at Wagner and URI?

So why do so many on the board seem to so desperately want him?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
So why do so many on the board seem to so desperately want him?

Because...look who else is out there and compare their resumes.

I still prefer others over Hurley. We are setting him up to be a savior

I don't think anybody thinks Hurley is the savior. He's just a good coach who's worked his way up (3 levels) and has a number of traits we're interested in.

There's a couple of guys teams that I thought were better coached from what I've seen. But I don't know about their abilities to resurrect a program, nor handle all areas of program management. Coaching is just one thing. If Hurley gets the right staff, recruiting takes care of itself. And his players absolutely love him; that helps.

Hiring an up and coming coach is a crap shoot. Unfortunately.

Reaction Score
First time commenter, long time reader. As someone who is a current senior and UConn and a native of Somerset county New Jersey (about 40 minutes west of Jersey City) and someone who is currently in Pittsburgh visiting my girlfriend at Pitt (I've done the drive numerous times now) it took me three hours and 5 minutes to get home last Thursday at around noon (hit traffic before the Tappen Zee) and it took me 5 hours and 12 minutes to get to Pittsburgh from Somerset county (so tack on another 30 or so minutes to get to Jersey City). I was waiting for the opportune moment to get my feet wet in the boneyard and this silly argument is something I have expertise in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom