An offer is in | Page 5 | The Boneyard

An offer is in

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
One win over a notoriously bad tournament coach where his team makes 15 threes is a long way from Brad Stevens.

It's less about the win, and more about how they play. Also, they beat Zona by 20+, it's not like they eaked it out.

People who've been watching him all year say this is what you get. I've watched them 3 times, and the guy can certainly coach.

But no, he's not Brad Stevens.

Reaction Score
If he can convince a kid to come to Buffalo from Orlando he might be a wizard. What’s the NCAA rule on wizards?
UConn cannot know, use, mention, or even know how to spell the word. Can please add a number 6 to your post after the z please?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It's less about the win, and more about how they play. Also, they beat Zona by 20+, it's not like they eaked it out.

People who've been watching him all year say this is what you get. I've watched them 3 times, and the guy can certainly coach.

But no, he's not Brad Stevens.

name a coach who is.

he's the best coach on the planet right now.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
name a coach who is.

he's the best coach on the planet right now.
b5vLJ5B.jpg

the Q

Reaction Score
I admire the consistency with which you fire off bad takes.

You mean being right.

Look at what Brad has done with the talent in boston. It's ridiculous. He has dragged them back into being relevant.

but obviously Pop is more accomplished.

He was also the mastermind for the tankapalooza to get duncan.

the Q

Reaction Score
I admire the consistency with which you fire off bad takes.

how many more lessons do you want today?

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
That Ronald Segu kid absolutely monopolized youtube. As often as he has been on there you would think he is at least a 4 star, big-time recruit. His teammate ( AAU or hs) is Nassir Little who signed w/ UNC after decommitting from another school (escapes me at this point). Someone has schooled this kid on the benefits of marketing.

the Q

Reaction Score
Let's not put cap on it. Just keep going.

Nope. You don't deserve to be educated. clearly you can't handle truth yet.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
His teammate ( AAU or hs) is Nassir Little who signed w/ UNC after decommitting from another school (escapes me at this point). Someone has schooled this kid on the benefits of marketing.

Decommitted from Zona. For obvious reasons.

Nasir watching the Zona game last night:

giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Jeez this is going to get so silly but screw it - it's kind of fun.

But honestly, my buddy at the UConn AD says it's 100% in on Hurley right now and the worst kept secret ever. They're not even trying to hide it. They made him a monster offer. Cash is nice, but benefits are stuuuuuuuuuuuupid. They feel really, really, really good about it. Rumor is - he's coming here - or he's staying. Pitt isn't on the table. He loves it in Rhode Island to the point where he's not sure he wants to leave.

Which - if that's true, I'm not even mad about. Nice to see a guy care about what he's built. Although I'd love him here. I don't think that once he's here, that he'd leave.

Rothstein just said that the Tom Moore relationship is a strong hint about backchannel communication with UCONN.

Reaction Score
CBS sports network. Tiki + Tierney segment.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

Even if Moore isn't acting in any official capacity on behalf of anyone at UConn, its definitely a benefit to us having someone there in Hurley's ear telling him how great a UConn is.

Reaction Score
It doesn't take 5.5 hours to get from CT to North Jersey. It takes at least that long to do it from Pittsburgh.

at this very moment, during the beginning of Friday rush hour, from Storrs to Parsippany-Troy Hills NJ is a little over 3 hrs on Google maps.

Reaction Score
at this very moment, during the beginning of Friday rush hour, from Storrs to Parsippany-Troy Hills NJ is a little over 3 hrs on Google maps.

That seems a bit optimistic

Reaction Score
That seems a bit optimistic

Sure. Because between you throwing an estimate out off the top of your head, versus relying on a complex computer program with state of the art algorithms that gets data from a huge percentage of people in cars with their cellphones on, a rational person is going to give great weight to the pull it out of your butt estimate.

Reaction Score
Sure. Because between you throwing an estimate out off the top of your head, versus relying on a complex computer program with state of the art algorithms that gets data from a huge percentage of people in cars with their cellphones on, a rational person is going to give great weight to the pull it out of your butt estimate.

That algorithm is based on current conditions, though. Friday night, heading to/from NJ, that number is definition gonna change. It's more of a snapshot than a promise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom