An offer is in | The Boneyard

An offer is in

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've heard this - are you hearing that Pitt is a threat to land him?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Danny is a huge family guy. Hopefully his desire to keep his family in the area is strong. A lot closer to Jersey at Storrs than at Pitt.

Just trying to talk myself into this.

Reaction Score
The
Danny is a huge family guy. Hopefully his desire to keep his family in the area is strong. A lot closer to Jersey at Storrs than at Pitt.

Just trying to make myself feel better.

The traffic from Pittsburgh to NJ is far better than it is from NJ to CT... trust me, I live in PA now and going home is a nightmare bc of the traffic!!!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The

The traffic from Pittsburgh to NJ is far better than it is from NJ to CT... trust me, I live in PA now and going home is a nightmare bc of the traffic!!!

What side are you on?

Let's do this.

You leave Pittsburgh and I leave Glastonbury at the same time and see who gets to Jersey City first. You can even pick the start time.

No way I lose.

Reaction Score

Too late to rent out Matt Lauer's old helicopter?

Reaction Score
Lol I will never say go Duke. Wont be disappointed if they lose though.

Reaction Score
What side are you on?

Let's do this.

You leave Pittsburgh and I leave Glastonbury at the same time and see who gets to Jersey City first. You can even pick the start time.

No way I lose.
Of course Hurley is likely to do the one hour flight from Pittsburgh, as opposed to the 6 hour drive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'll double the stakes and have UConn'Phil' do the driving from Hebron. It's like 45 minutes to Rt 2. We'll still have been at the Bada Bing for 90 minutes before anyone from Pittsburgh gets there.

Reaction Score
Jeez this is going to get so silly but screw it - it's kind of fun.

But honestly, my buddy at the UConn AD says it's 100% in on Hurley right now and the worst kept secret ever. They're not even trying to hide it. They made him a monster offer. Cash is nice, but benefits are stuuuuuuuuuuuupid. They feel really, really, really good about it. Rumor is - he's coming here - or he's staying. Pitt isn't on the table. He loves it in Rhode Island to the point where he's not sure he wants to leave.

Which - if that's true, I'm not even mad about. Nice to see a guy care about what he's built. Although I'd love him here. I don't think that once he's here, that he'd leave.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'll double the stakes and have UConn'Phil' do the driving from Hebron. It's like 45 minutes to Rt 2. We'll still have been at the Bada Bing for 90 minutes before anyone from Pittsburgh gets there.

I live in Glastonbury now. Moving on up in the world, if moving up in the world means living in the upstairs of my grandmother's house

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I live in Glastonbury now. Moving on up in the world, if moving up in the world means living in the upstairs of my grandmother's house
Only means you were demoted from head rat.

Reaction Score
You're not helping.

I’m NOT but it’s TRUE! It’s taken me almost 6 hours to get to my mother after a heart attack bc it happened to fall on a day the Pats played the Jets at MetLife... and PA taxes are a DREAM.

Hurley’s not reading this thread, though.

We shouldn’t hang out hats on proximity to NJ and CT...

Reaction Score
W
Crap we don't have airplanes in Connecticut. If only we didn't ruin our best runway with a football stadium!

Yes, with all of the amazing service into Bradley... yes. Hah.

Reaction Score

That’s not even possible. You’re not even 45 minutes to Greenwich, but try again!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
But honestly, my buddy at the UConn AD says it's 100% in on Hurley right now and the worst kept secret ever. They're not even trying to hide it. They made him a monster offer. Cash is nice, but benefits are stuuuuuuuuuuuupid. They feel really, really, really good about it. Rumor is - he's coming here - or he's staying. Pitt isn't on the table. He loves it in Rhode Island to the point where he's not sure he wants to leave.

Which - if that's true, I'm not even mad about. Nice to see a guy care about what he's built. Although I'd love him here. I don't think that once he's here, that he'd leave.

I'll be mad about it. Not at Hurley, but at DB. Where's the backup plan?

Also, I've heard a lot of 'we are confident' from the program/AD over the years. No bueno.

Optically, if we can't pull a coach from URI, we are in trouble.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom