Americans Abroad | Page 27 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
Pretty boring crop of games today + Pulisic looks to have taken his rightful place on the Chelsea bench

That is my big fear with Pulisic mving over to Chelsea. The EPL style of play is a lot different that what is seen in the Bundesliga, not better or worse, just different. It's going to take time for him to adjust. Chelsea is a team that expects to win every season and, with a new manager in Lampard, the pressure is notched-up. He has to win now to quiet his critics. Thus, Lampard does not have time to develop players (we have to remember that Pulisic is just 20 while Willian is 31) nor wait for them to adjust to a new league, team, and managerial style. On top of that, the USMNT needs him to get as much Tier 1 playing time as possible for the 2022 qualifying games and beyond. It's a tough position to be in.

Reaction Score
I get it but they've given him ample time in pre-season & PL. He looks like a baby deer on skates out there. He's going against players on other teams in his age group. His touch, control, strength just isn't where it needs to be. Hopefully, he gets it together at Chelsea before he's playing for a team like Anderlecht.

On another topic, Richie Ledezma and Alex Mendez both wore the #10 shirts for Jong PSV and Jong Ajax yesterday. Both apparently are really good attacking . We'll be in good hands sooner or later if the federation doesn't screw it up

Reaction Score
I get it but they've given him ample time in pre-season & PL. He looks like a baby deer on skates out there. He's going against players on other teams in his age group. His touch, control, strength just isn't where it needs to be. Hopefully, he gets it together at Chelsea before he's playing for a team like Anderlecht.

On another topic, Richie Ledezma and Alex Mendez both wore the #10 shirts for Jong PSV and Jong Ajax yesterday. Both apparently are really good attacking . We'll be in good hands sooner or later if the federation doesn't screw it up
Ledezma is being courted by the Mexican Federation, so need to lock him up ASAP.

Reaction Score
Ledezma is being courted by the Mexican Federation, so need to lock him up ASAP.
While true, it doesn't seem to be a super serious threat. One of his most recent IG pics has an American flag proudly displayed. I've also read he doesn't really speak Spanish; he grew up here and is American. The only way he ends up with Mexico is if USSF completely drop the ball. Which, judging by the lack of U-23 call up and the reports that he hasn't spoken to anyone involved since the U-20s, could be happening.

Dear god I wish we could get some competent decision-makers.

Reaction Score
Pedro was a bad choice of subs from Lampard. He should have gotten the double sub.

Reaction Score

Leaving Germany was a bad idea. He’s chasing a dream so you can’t blame him. But I think he might be in the worst possible situation at this point.

Reaction Score
Leaving Germany was a bad idea. He’s chasing a dream so you can’t blame him. But I think he might be in the worst possible situation at this point.

Of course he was behind Sancho too, so he had to move somewhere. And given Chelsea's willingness to pay, Borussia was highly interested in that move.

Reaction Score
Of course he was behind Sancho too, so he had to move somewhere. And given Chelsea's willingness to pay, Borussia was highly interested in that move.

He was hurt most of last season. They signed Thorgan Hazard to replace Pulisic, who starts on the left side. I think they kept him off the field a bit more than they normally would have to get him healthy enough to get the sale and a higher price.

Reaction Score
Great clip of him in the locker room making the internet rounds.

Reaction Score
No player who ever “failed” at Chelsea ever turned out to be good. Not even Salah and De Bruyne.

Reaction Score
He’s being punished for what he said after the last match.

What did he say? After today I think he has 4 assists in 7 appearances. He has a way to go, but his production probably warrants regular appearances, even if just a sub.

Reaction Score
What did he say? After today I think he has 4 assists in 7 appearances. He has a way to go, but his production probably warrants regular appearances, even if just a sub.

He basically said Lampard hadn’t told him how to get more minutes.

Lampard has like 6 really good young players like Pulisic who have to be managed really closely. At Dortmund, Pulisic was like THE young player there until Sancho came around. He just has to settle in and adjust to the level there.

Also, I still think the EPL is a terrible place for Americans. I wish he was still in Germany.

Reaction Score
Pulisic came on in the 66th minute and generated a few really good chances. He was unlucky not to have a goal and an assist. His cross ended up resulting in the lone goal as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom