Americans Abroad | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Carter-Vickers just got absolutely screwed in the FA Cup. They gave City a PK though his tackle was clean. What made it worse, the PK bounced off the frame, hit off the back of the keepers calf then into the net for the tying goal. It's a shame because before that CCV was playing like VVD with several blocks and heads out of trouble.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They gave City a PK though his tackle was clean.

And the winning goal from City was off sides. No VAR, fine, thems the breaks. But later I'm listening to the MU game and that game has VAR? That's not an equal playing field, imo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have to say Tim Ream played a good game today against Liverpool.

Reaction Score

If it’s possible to relegated from the Prem to League 1 in one season then Fulham and Huddersfield will find a way.

Reaction Score
If it’s possible to relegated from the Prem to League 1 in one season then Fulham and Huddersfield will find a way.

Didn't Portsmouth do exactly that a few years back?

I remember when I was young, Fulham was a big team in the limited EPL news I could get in the in the US. Whatever happened to that organization?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Andrew Wooten scored his 10th goal of the season in his team's win in the German Second.

Reaction Score
he really did. I was continuously impressed with his covering against our front 3. gaining valuable minutes against real competition could give him an edge in the MNT side

Reaction Score
Timothy Weah going to Lille. If he can crack the lineup he will be playing Champions League football next season. Just inked a 5 year deal with them as part of the LOSC Project. They were runner-ups in France last season and on the up.

LINK

Reaction Score
Timothy Weah going to Lille. If he can crack the lineup he will be playing Champions League football next season. Just inked a 5 year deal with them as part of the LOSC Project. They were runner-ups in France last season and on the up.

LINK

I think that is a good move for him. PSG is a dysfunctional mess right now and he is buried behind guys who are paid a lot more money than him, so he has no real chance. Of course, I'm still rooting for Lyon to beat Little.

In addition to Weah, another key US U-20, Gloster is potentially on the move from 2 Bundesliga side Hannover 96 to Dutch side PSV Eindhoven. There are hope that he could finally help solve the USMNT's dilemma at LB, so more playing time in a solid senior league that has a good rep for developing players should be a good move.

Source: PSV make bid for U.S. youth Gloster

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hyndman loaned to Atlanta United for the rest of the MLS season.

Reaction Score
Don’t bet on Hyndman, I’d say Alex Mendez or Busio are the best bet

Busio is more like an 8.

Lletget never even saw the field at West Ham. I bet Hyndman will be better than Lletget over the long run.

Reaction Score
Busio is more like an 8.

Lletget never even saw the field at West Ham. I bet Hyndman will be better than Lletget over the long run.
Fair, but IMO Busio is a total creative attacking mid, not a b2b. Him and Reyna are gonna be stars though.

Reaction Score
Need another attacking mid to develop in hurry. Pulisic is wasted in the CM role.

Agree with you (shocking, I know) that in a 4-3-3 Pulisic is much better on the wing, although when/if Weah gets there they both seem to prefer the same side. Still not sold on Hyndman being better than anyone else in the group of "we can put him in but he's not going to help us win" players. When we start seeing him on the field, we can start making more intelligent judgments.

Reaction Score
Need another attacking mid to develop in hurry. Pulisic is wasted in the CM role.
Gio Reyna will be 20 then. Very interested to see his development at Dortmund’s academy.

Reaction Score
I know what a loan shark is; but what does one call a Club that signs as many players as it can with no real intent on playing them and loans them out to other teams? Anyway, USMNT Steffen is on the move back to Germany on a loan from Man City to Fortuna Dusseldorf.

Reaction Score
I know what a loan shark is; but what does one call a Club that signs as many players as it can with no real intent on playing them and loans them out to other teams? Anyway, USMNT Steffen is on the move back to Germany on a loan from Man City to Fortuna Dusseldorf.

I think this move will work out (the loan); Steffen is in a competition for the number one GK but is probably the favorite to win the job for a mid-level BL team. A great season could see him sign for a Europa-level team in a top league. Of course, he’ll probably never play for Man City.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom