Americans Abroad | Page 26 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You’re so fricking stupid. He’s light years ahead of any #6 we have. And that’s a far greater need given who else we have at RB.
Not the question. Afraid to answer? Cause you know it'll expose you??

When you’re done cupping Don Garber’s nutsack you should pick up a book on soccer because you knowledge and opinions are pretty antiquated.
Wake up man, I don't even watch very much MLS.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah. The market is so inefficient that the Championship is worse even though it spends more in three years than MLS has ever spent.

You don’t compute.
You gotta come up with a better argument than, "they spend more money, they're better".

Reaction Score
You gotta come up with a better argument than, "they spend more money, they're better".

No I don’t. Not with that disparity. MLS is like the old Cargo Cults after WWII. They build stadiums and sign aging elephants and then pronounce themselves a top league. They have players making $6M a year going up against defenders who make less than a bad accountant or a paralegal. It’s at best a Cosplay of a top league.

Reaction Score
Not the question. Afraid to answer? Cause you know it'll expose you??

Wake up man, I don't even watch very much MLS.

Your question has no relevance. Much like nearly everything you say.

Julian Green will be better than Arriola even with Green playing out of position because Arriola isn’t that good to begin with. And I would venture to say that he would have been a better Striker than Donkey Zardes this summer.

No I don’t think Adams would be a better Right Back than Yedlin. I want a true Right Back, not some crappier version of what Pep does some time. This stupid 3-2-3-1 attacking shape that Berhalter wants to do is too cute and is a waste given what the roster consists of.

Reaction Score
Going to my first soccer game in 30+ years tomorrow, UConn @ URI...what to expect?

Reaction Score
Going to my first soccer game in 30+ years tomorrow, UConn @ URI...what to expect?

NCAA rules are different. It allows for mass substitutions and the clock goes in the wrong direction.

Other than that it’s still the same game. Let us know how it goes.

Reaction Score
NCAA rules are different. It allows for mass substitutions and the clock goes in the wrong direction.

Interesting, thanks...how about the competition...favorite in this match up?

Reaction Score
Interesting, thanks...how about the competition...favorite in this match up?

Based on this you would think UConn.

NCAA soccer has fallen behind in recent years. Most of the best US talent turns pro at or right before they are college age. The really good ones are signing contracts at 16-17 years of age.

Reaction Score
Reminder that Greggg picked Zardes over Sargent.

Brilliant, creative goal. Zardes would have booted it twenty yards over the post unless he was fortuante enough to accidentally trap the ball into his face and for the ball then to roll into the net.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn ended Rhody's season in heartbreaking fashion at The Rent last year. URI was up late in the 1st round NCAA playoff game but UConn scored twice in the last 15 minutes and won in OT. I'm sure it left a mark. There was a big mouth Rhody guy that went strangely silent late. I bet he's there today.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Your question has no relevance. Much like nearly everything you say.

Julian Green will be better than Arriola even with Green playing out of position because Arriola isn’t that good to begin with. And I would venture to say that he would have been a better Striker than Donkey Zardes this summer.
Ok, ok, we get it. You have no clue. (not sure why I keep forgetting this????)

Reaction Score
Ok, ok, we get it. You have no clue. (not sure why I keep forgetting this????)

How exactly do I not have a clue? Green is a top player at his club and in that league.

He would be a DP level player in MLS and he would never miss a call up if he played in MLS. We have a really strange system.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How exactly do I not have a clue?
Inability to pick up concepts. But don't worry about it. It's more a matter of me remembering who I am trying to communicate with.

Reaction Score
Inability to pick up concepts. But don't worry about it. It's more a matter of me remembering who I am trying to communicate with.

Your question was pretty flawed. It’s not apples to apples...

Reaction Score

Rescheduled for tonight... let's see if that 40 year undefeated streak against URI remains intact...

Reaction Score
Looks like we are getting sergiño tomorrow. Cap tie him. Smart

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Looks like we are getting sergiño tomorrow. Cap tie him. Smart
Don't think this will cap tie him. Has to be in an official competition. Friendlies don't count.

However showing interest should help him if he needs to decide.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
You put yourself in the dark.

If Berhalter started Dest at Center Mid you would defend it.
Why would I do that? I'm not the one advocating playing players out of position, YOU are. Well YOU and GB.

Reaction Score
Pretty boring crop of games today + Pulisic looks to have taken his rightful place on the Chelsea bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom