Americans Abroad | Page 13 | The Boneyard

Americans Abroad

Reaction Score
What was the reasoning behind the late sub of pulisic? Was the guy they brought in that good at pks's?

Reaction Score
This list from Yanks Abroad seems up date, but I am just judging from players in Germany and which teams they are listed with - seems very current. I did search to see if it had been linked before and I found it in a different thread posted back in 2014, so I guess it is OK to post it here now. .:: Yanks Abroad ::.

Reaction Score
Yedlin is not in the line up for Newcastle today. He's out with a hamstring injury. Hope he is ready to go for the qualifiers in a few weeks.

Reaction Score
Runors picking up steam that CCV being loaned to Sheffield United in League Championship for the season. This is good news as he will get some real playing time in a competitive league.
LINK

Reaction Score
Geoff Cameron out 2 weeks with a hamstring injury he picked up today. Should be back in time for WCQ end of September.

LINK

Reaction Score
huh? they're not comparing him to Landon Donovan?

In all seriousness this is a first for the US program. It took special circumstances for CP to be CP at this age. We need to keep improving our academies and forge stronger relationships with Euro clubs to bring the average age of our national team down and create real comp at each position.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
huh? they're not comparing him to Landon Donovan?

In all seriousness this is a first for the US program. It took special circumstances for CP to be CP at this age. We need to keep improving our academies and forge stronger relationships with Euro clubs to bring the average age of our national team down and create real comp at each position.

He's closer to Eden Hazard than LD. Plus Pulisic actually likes playing soccer, which sets him apart from Landycakes.

Reaction Score
CCV has been a mainstay in Sheffield United's back line, centering a 3 man back line (occasionally playing on the right), getting a full 90 minutes in all but one match since joining the team. ...United are in 1st place in League Championship, well positioned to be promoted to the Premiere League if they hold their form.

Reaction Score
Think he ever suits up for the USA?

You know his age? You know how many games he had played in England at any level prior to mid-September?

The pessimism on this is absurd. I would bet you now that he gets asked to cup-tie himself the next time that we have the ability to do so (which is unfortunately not until summer of 2019). If he chooses to play for England, which could happen, so be it.

Reaction Score
Only caught the final 20 minutes of the BVB-Bayern game, but Pulisic has a little Ronaldo in him when he gets going on the wing.

McKennie went 90 for Schalke
Caleb Stanko started for Freiberg

Reaction Score
You know his age? You know how many games he had played in England at any level prior to mid-September?

The pessimism on this is absurd. I would bet you now that he gets asked to cup-tie himself the next time that we have the ability to do so (which is unfortunately not until summer of 2019). If he chooses to play for England, which could happen, so be it.

Quite frankly, you are incredibly naive

Reaction Score
Pulisic might have been Dortman's best player that game.

I recorded this one. He was easily their best. The nutmeg on Arjen Robben was pretty sick.

You can tell he is a respected player at that level already given the amount of attention he was drawing from Bayern’s defenders.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom