Alleyne to the transfer portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alleyne to the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Huge component to a championship team. Played good D, hit clutch shots, especially when the offense slowed down. Totally understandable that he'd want to start and get 30 minutes somewhere and he will be very in demand.

Reaction Score
Thanks, Naheim!!! You came here with a main goal of winning a championship...your tenacity and adaptability was a huge factor in our run to a 5th NCAA championship.

Now go be a high-level starter and elevate another program towards greatness next year...perhaps we'll see you for a reunion at the Final Four!!!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Gave us some incredibly important minutes in the tournament run with some really timely buckets.

Wish he had returned, but understand he's probably looking for more minutes.

Best of luck wherever that may be.

Reaction Score
With Mike Anthony saying the word is he's coming back, with his girlfriend being here, and with Castle coming in I assumed he was coming back. Oh well.

The staff is prepared for everything and I highly doubt there's any surprises for them. They're the only ones who know what's going on.

I'm sure he has better things to do than check the boneyard but thanks for everything Nahiem. After a slow start you really turned it on at the end of the season, your defense and shot making were invaluable and really helped UConn get #5. Husky for life.

Reaction Score
1681410323196.jpeg

Reaction Score
He is definitely not the best player in the portal. Idk who this guy with 92 followers is, but he doesn't watch much ball. But Timberlaje he's really, really good at his role, which is exactly what we need.

Haha, read the fine print, Might be. And it’s personal opinion.

But he looks really good to me with decent athleticism.

Reaction Score
Just his experience with going all the way would be a positive for any top 25 team let alone his stellar play

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This doesn't need to be some cloak and dagger stuff. It makes all the sense in the world that a former ACC starter would want to close out his college career with a bigger role than he likely would have had here next year.

Best of luck to a great kid.
Alleyne saved his best for when it was really needed. A key ingredient in #5. He's got his ring, now he's got a year to showcase himself for what's hopefully for him, a career doing what he loves.

Reaction Score
Damn… sux…. the staff knows what it’s doing but i hate to see him go. based on what limited info i’m aware of that is.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Hopefully he goes to a Rhode Island, UMass, or somewhere local and puts on a show. I would love to see him be a team's top dog.

Why would he go to UMass or Rhode Island?

Two bad programs with bad coaches.

This doesn't need to be some cloak and dagger stuff. It makes all the sense in the world that a former ACC starter would want to close out his college career with a bigger role than he likely would have had here next year.

Best of luck to a great kid.

Yup. This is it.

He should go somewhere good where they’re going to put him on the court at the start of the game. Lots of options out there for him, I would think.

He got his ring and if he ever comes back to the state of Connecticut and has to pay his own bar tab, shame on us.

Reaction Score
I think this was a miss step for him- going for back to back National Championships & being on National TV all the time with a opportunity to get 25 minutes a game if he’d continue to elevate his game- what could be a bigger opportunity for trying to show your talent to go play PRO?
He wouldn't turn that down, which should give you your answer

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
He was awesome in his role for us. Key component.

Now he wants to start and bring his game to the next level. Good for him, probably the right move. The entire A-10 should be after him. From what I saw he could start for a B-10 team like Purdue.
There are a ton of P5 teams he could start for. And probably will. Our roster make up and recruits overlap his skill sets here. Would’ve loved him back but coach has to be honest about PT , and that’s a great thing for everyone involved. We move on and give Naheim a giant hug for being a fantastic and vital Husky. That’s 2023 college hoops.

Reaction Score
Good luck and best wishes Alleyne to wherever you might land. You were an integral part of UConn 5th NC and that's something that nobody can take away from you. To be honest I never saw this coming, totally surprised.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Bummer but I get it. Good luck to him.

Reaction Score
Why would he go to UMass or Rhode Island?

Two bad programs with bad coaches.

Yup. This is it.

He should go somewhere good where they’re going to put him on the court at the start of the game. Lots of options out there for him, I would think.

He got his ring and if he ever comes back to the state of Connecticut and has to pay his own bar tab, shame on us.
UMass and Frank Martin are building something there, but I think you missed my main point. The schools can be changed to whoever you would like. I just hope he stays local and is a dog for whoever he plays for. Nothing deeper than that, just want to see him do well.

Reaction Score
Best of luck, you played a big part in bringing in hardware to Storrs. Does this mean we get a yes from this stud Friday ?

Thought he was just a shooter. Watching these highlights and realize he has some serious athleticism too. Would be an exciting pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom