Alleyne to the transfer portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Alleyne to the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
Disappointed on one hand, but glad for him on the other. I think it was the right decision as I am sure it was made after some candid discussion with Coach Hurley. I appreciate Naheim, and wish him the very best.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Dang! Such mixed emotions. This team from top to bottom is probably my favorite team. They were so cohesive when they played well. Not sure we’ve ever had a team that could mix and match so well.

The bench was a killer for so many teams. Alleyne’s D was great all season. Another cog that caused so many opponents to keep starters in the game. I’m going to miss him. But I know he will be a starter somewhere else and deserves it.

Thanks Alleyne for your contributions in this magical year.

Reaction Score
Thought he was just a shooter. Watching these highlights and realize he has some serious athleticism too. Would be an exciting pickup.
Might be a better dunker than Hawkins.

I kid, but he could really be a Hawkins Lite in all facets on offense, not just the shooting, but getting to the rim as well.

Reaction Score
UMass and Frank Martin are building something there, but I think you missed my main point. The schools can be changed to whoever you would like. I just hope he stays local and is a dog for whoever he plays for. Nothing deeper than that, just want to see him do well.
Well, not too local. I don’t want him becoming a Providence Friar or playing for a Big East team. That’s just me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Thanks for stepping up in the NCAA run, good luck Alleyne !

Maybe this a sign that Newton is looking to return as a combo guard, or not.

Reaction Score
Thanks for choosing UConn and contributing to getting #5, Naheim. :) Best of luck in your future. If I run into you at a restaurant the meal is on me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Public service message to everyone: you can choose to like this new era of transferring and NIL or you can choose to hate it. What you can’t do is deny it, it’s the new reality.

I am sad to see Alleyne go, but we all want what is best for him. And others that chose UConn and then choose to go elsewhere. This will be the new norm of college basketball free agency.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
First instinct is NOOOOOOO!!! After pausing for a second must mean there’s some moving pieces going
Public service message to everyone: you can choose to like this new era of transferring and NIL or you can choose to hate it. What you can’t do is deny it, it’s the new reality.

I am sad to see Alleyne go, but we all want what is best for him. And others that chose UConn and then choose to go elsewhere. This will be the new norm of college basketball free agency.
Just makes you wonder what Hurley is cooking up for next year. The plan is starting to take shape. Three big contributors gone. This is what happens when you put together the perfect team. As Hurley noted we are in the me season right now. That will continue until the rosters are set.

Reaction Score
Thank you Naheim! Look at it from his perspective. His minutes and scoring were almost cut in half coming to UConn. He probably wants to start and play 30 minutes+ per game which wasn't going to happen at UConn next year. I think even without NIL, he would have moved on for his last season. Same reason Gaffney moved on.

Reaction Score
I’m sorry to see him go
His emergence made a difference in our improvement down the stretch.
Plus he was always a tough defender.
Nothing flashy he just came to play .But as a senior looking to hookup for the best possible deal
Playing as many minutes as possible is almost a must .
It worked for Carlton who faced the same similar situations.

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Thought he was just a shooter. Watching these highlights and realize he has some serious athleticism too. Would be an exciting pickup.
Rex Chapman vibes.

Go Dick Wolf GIF by Wolf Entertainment

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think this was a miss step for him- going for back to back National Championships & being on National TV all the time with a opportunity to get 25 minutes a game if he’d continue to elevate his game- what could be a bigger opportunity for trying to show your talent to go play PRO?

Appreciate his attitude & willingness to take a lesser role for the better of the team & those type of sacrifices were a good reason why the Huskies are National Champions- thank you!

He wasn’t getting 25 minutes a game here next year. His value to a good team is as a sixth man - ironically, we got him from Virginia Tech because he did not want that role for VT.

Reaction Score
So much for keeping the team together for another title run. Pretty much every what-if went the wrong way for that to happen. Hoping Tristan sticks around.

Reaction Score
Good luck to Nahiem. Loved watching that left-handed shot. I thought it was odd that Hurley never mentioned him on Francesa's podcast the other day. Probably nothing.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Remember Hurley will not BS his players. So the portal is going to be something we deal with. Last year and the year before we were freaking out with all the player movement. With Hurley as coach it will be a yearly thing we will go through. I wish this young man all the best. Seems like a class act. Hopefully he lands somewhere he can start and for a team in a power conference. He came through for us at some big moments. I wish we could promise every player 25 minutes per game. One thing that is looking good is we are going to be even longer next year then we were this year and that really worked to our advantage especially against Gonzaga and SDSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom