Alleyne to the transfer portal | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Alleyne to the transfer portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So much for keeping the team together for another title run. Pretty much every what-if went the wrong way for that to happen. Hoping Tristan sticks around.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Reaction Score
Have always felt he had this aurora about him that made him just such an easy kid to root for. Understandable move for him and look forward to the chance to watch him shine in a more featured role.
Borealis and Natasha would agree...............:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
He wasn’t getting 25 minutes a game here next year. His value to a good team is as a sixth man - ironically, we got him from Virginia Tech because he did not want that role for VT.
His stats as shown here are interesting; he had his best 2pt% and FT% of his career this year, but by far the worst 3pt%, although that was much improved in the latter part of the season. His per-40 numbers show that while he got the most minutes last year at VPI, this season's per40 weren't that much lower points-wise.

I will always appreciate his contributions to #5; as others have said, you need guys like him and Lasan Kromah. Hopefully he kills it wherever he lands next.

Reaction Score
Borealis and Natasha would agree...............:rolleyes:
As long as it's not at another Big East school.... like Providence....

Edit: I responded to wrong comment. Was responding to comment about watching him shine somewhere else.

Reaction Score
Thank you Alleyne and best of luck. Once Alleyne got through his early season funk he was constantly clutch for us.

Reaction Score
Weird he has a chance at a starting role next year next to Castle and his GF is at UCONN. Early reports were he was staying, I guess he feels we are bringing in Timberlake or some other transfer.
Clearly hurley expects to land timberlake and perhaps newton stays and will need minute at 2. No starter spot and perhaps similar minutes to last year

Reaction Score
This doesn't sit well with me. The transfer portal is still hard for me to deal with. I know it helped us out this year. I just got attached to everyone on this team. Especially NA. But I'll always wish him luck and root for him.

Reaction Score

I hope Nahiem chooses what is best for him obviously. FWIW, I would like to see him go to Indiana, but I see him going to Georgia seeing how he is originally from there.

Reaction Score
This doesn't sit well with me. The transfer portal is still hard for me to deal with. I know it helped us out this year. I just got attached to everyone on this team. Especially NA. But I'll always wish him luck and root for him.
I know what you mean. In addition to this team being excellent and winning the national championship, they all seemed very likeable as well.

Read my post #110 within this thread on page 5. It's nothing profound or groundbreaking, but it's worth replaying in our heads once the transfer portal opens up every year.

Reaction Score
So pleased the BY did not have any taestless Alleyne/Nika comments

Upon review I may well have been a major transgressor, but im learning

Go Huskies!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Sorry to hear this, but wish him the very best. It seem like he struggled to find his way early on, but by the end of the season and especially in the postseason, he was a heck of a weapon to bring off the bench. Again, I wish him the very best and I am glad he leaves here as a national champion.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If the people are right about our Newton/Castle starting backcourt, there’s a chance he would’ve been fighting Timberlake/Ball/Stewart for backup wing minutes. That’s a bloodbath, really can’t blame him for getting out and finding a place he can easily play.

Reaction Score
Why would he go to UMass or Rhode Island?

Two bad programs with bad coaches.

Yup. This is it.

He should go somewhere good where they’re going to put him on the court at the start of the game. Lots of options out there for him, I would think.

He got his ring and if he ever comes back to the state of Connecticut and has to pay his own bar tab, shame on us.
UMass has not been a good program, but Frank Martin can coach as evidenced by taking South Carolina to the FF

Reaction Score
UMass has not been a good program, but Frank Martin can coach as evidenced by taking South Carolina to the FF
I mean he coached at South Carolina for ten years and made one tournament, one NIT. He had a nice run at KSU, but the game has passed him by. One tournament in a decade is bad, even at a school like South Carolina.

Reaction Score
Public service message to everyone: you can choose to like this new era of transferring and NIL or you can choose to hate it. What you can’t do is deny it, it’s the new reality.

I am sad to see Alleyne go, but we all want what is best for him. And others that chose UConn and then choose to go elsewhere. This will be the new norm of college basketball free agency.
It will take some getting used to. We don't love change but he's always be a husky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom