All Players Attending Hurley Presser | Page 5 | The Boneyard

All Players Attending Hurley Presser

Reaction Score
DY_DHqwXcAEG3W5.jpg

Hurley sitting in a 2011 Final Four chair !!! You can see it when zoomed in..

Reaction Score
Here’s my Jalen take: He was a highly rated recruit who came here expecting to win games and leave after his sophomore year (this isn’t my opinion but what was shared by someone at Brewster). Instead, he’s been on a losing team and is consistently a talent level above all his teammates with no relief in sight. He’s had to watch his friend Donovan Mitchell, whom he out touched and out played at Brewster go to UL (where Jalen could have also gone) and jump early to the NBA and about to be ROY. He’s older than his teammates (like Larrier) and is likely growing impatient. I want him to stay and have a big year - which he almost surely will - but I don’t blame him for second guessing his time here and thinking it might be time to move on.
I wouldn't blame him at all for testing the waters, working out for NBA teams, getting some feedback, and seeing where his stock is now. I would second guess him if the NBA folks told him he's not ready and that he wouldn't get drafted. You should not leave school early, especially when you're close to graduating, if you won't get drafted.

Reaction Score
Regarding Jalen (others too but specifically him).....he is very talented. But, I feel like he really hasn’t been pushed. JC would push guys to their max and I think DH is the same. As good as JA has been, I think we are going to see major improvement from him skill wise, decision making and leadership. I’m not saying like Kembas junior year but I think Jalen is going to have a huge year with DH as head coach

Reaction Score
Regarding Jalen (others too but specifically him).....he is very talented. But, I feel like he really hasn’t been pushed. JC would push guys to their max and I think DH is the same. As good as JA has been, I think we are going to see major improvement from him skill wise, decision making and leadership. I’m not saying like Kembas junior year but I think Jalen is going to have a huge year with DH as head coach
He hasn't been pushed and he's been stuck in a bad offensive system to showcase his talent. Also, he's not a true PG so he's been thrust into the main ballhandling role with AG injured when he's really a 1/2 hybrid.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who feels like we can be REALLY good next year, like conference champs/sweet 16 good, if every player comes back and AG stays healthy? I see a lot of people saying "well it's not that big of a deal if Jalen decides to leave because this is a multi-year project" BS I think we can compete next year. We're essentially only losing 1 major player(who was very inconsistent) and getting a better player back.

Reaction Score
Speaking of pix: the lads don't exactly look thrilled about... what?

And who are the 17 mimi-pix in the frame on JC's wall?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who feels like we can be REALLY good next year, like conference champs/sweet 16 good, if every player comes back and AG stays healthy? I see a lot of people saying "well it's not that big of a deal if Jalen decides to leave because this is a multi-year project" BS I think we can compete next year. We're essentially only losing 1 major player(who was very inconsistent) and getting a better player back.
Wow. We have major deficits in shooting, assists and rebounding. Now if he can get us to run a decent offense, an out of bounds play, and be competitive with good teams. He’s going to need more than what we have right now.

Reaction Score
Here’s my Jalen take: He was a highly rated recruit who came here expecting to win games and leave after his sophomore year (this isn’t my opinion but what was shared by someone at Brewster). Instead, he’s been on a losing team and is consistently a talent level above all his teammates with no relief in sight. He’s had to watch his friend Donovan Mitchell, whom he out touched and out played at Brewster go to UL (where Jalen could have also gone) and jump early to the NBA and about to be ROY. He’s older than his teammates (like Larrier) and is likely growing impatient. I want him to stay and have a big year - which he almost surely will - but I don’t blame him for second guessing his time here and thinking it might be time to move on.

He should definitely be second-guessing his decision to come play under KO.

That said, everything before now is a sunk cost and it's just a question of what's the best course. It's hard to see declaring for the draft as the best option. If he comes back and puts up a stellar season for a team with a pulse, he'll get late 1st round consideration.

Reaction Score
You watch videos of Jalen and think to yourself: why is this guy not dominating every single game.

1. Part of it is because the defenses can key in on him.
2. Part of it is because there hasn't been a bench so he has to pace himself, and so that always gets complicated.
3. Part of it is because he hasn't been as worried about his mistakes as perhaps he should be.

3 will be fixed, I think.
1 will be fixed, in that there will be more of an offense.
2 is where I wish he were a rising junior rather than a rising senior.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You watch videos of Jalen and think to yourself: why is this guy not dominating every single game.

1. Part of it is because the defenses can key in on him.
2. Part of it is because there hasn't been a bench so he has to pace himself, and so that always gets complicated.
3. Part of it is because he hasn't been as worried about his mistakes as perhaps he should be.

3 will be fixed, I think.
1 will be fixed, in that there will be more of an offense.
2 is where I wish he were a rising junior rather than a rising senior.

I'd say he also doesn't have pure PG ball handling, passing or decision making, and they can lay off him at the 3pt line cause he isnt' a knockdown shooter there, especially off the dribble.

his size, strength and body control are a plus. And he can hit some difficult shots. But he has talent flaws at PG.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

We were one of the worst teams in America last year. Let that sink in.

If we do win the conference tournament, it will be a miracle.

It might take a while for the kids to understand what it takes. This isn't like a lightswitch.

Reaction Score
I’d be *over the moon* with a top four finish in the conference, a .500 out of conference record and 20 wins.

That’d be a great year all things considered next year. Personally - I think it’ll take 3 years to get back to being really good. Next year is whatever. I’d like a tournament year two. Then I think with three recruiting classes under Hurley, we’re in business.

Reaction Score
I’d be *over the moon* with a top four finish in the conference, a .500 out of conference record and 20 wins.

That’d be a great year all things considered next year. Personally - I think it’ll take 3 years to get back to being really good. Next year is whatever. I’d like a tournament year two. Then I think with three recruiting classes under Hurley, we’re in business.
I don't think 20 wins is crazy if Adams stays. Obviously we haven't seen the schedule yet so who knows how hard it will be but the AAC should be down with most conference games up for the taking. We were terrible the past two seasons but I really think Ollie's "positionless" system was code for "I don't know what I'm doing." Give the players some structure and add some accountability and I bet we look a lot better

Reaction Score
I don't think 20 wins is crazy if Adams stays. Obviously we haven't seen the schedule yet so who knows how hard it will be but the AAC should be down with most conference games up for the taking. We were terrible the past two seasons but I really think Ollie's "positionless" system was code for "I don't know what I'm doing." Give the players some structure and add some accountability and I bet we look a lot better
There's a value to positionless basketball if you have the players who can be positionless. He didn't, so he needed to assert positions and roles more forcefully than he did.

Reaction Score
There's a value to positionless basketball if you have the players who can be positionless. He didn't, so he needed to assert positions and roles more forcefully than he did.
you can't have positionless basketball unless everyone can knock down a mid range jumper and a three. we didn't have anyone who could do those things in his system which is why I think it was just a cop out. the concept seemed lost on him.

Reaction Score
Speaking of pix: the lads don't exactly look thrilled about... what?

And who are the 17 mimi-pix in the frame on JC's wall?
22 pics. I think it says something something senior high school.

He's got the same JC bobble head I have. Desk is too cluttered though. I could never get any work done there.

Reaction Score
you can't have positionless basketball unless everyone can knock down a mid range jumper and a three. we didn't have anyone who could do those things in his system which is why I think it was just a cop out. the concept seemed lost on him.
He sold a system to kids, and then felt obligated to roll with it when they couldn't run it, it seems.

The concept is pretty deadly, in theory. It's nearly impossible to run in the NBA. Really only the Warriors can run it. Which means it's completely impossible to teach to college kids who are 18-19, especially when half the team are transfers.

You need multiple people who can dribble and make decisions. This team had one guy who could do both, and we played like we had 4-5. Hence the record.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom