All Players Attending Hurley Presser | Page 2 | The Boneyard

All Players Attending Hurley Presser

Reaction Score
I am just going to be honest, I will not be upset no matter who returns or leaves.

This is not a one year plan, this is going to take time, would I love to see Hurley get off to a fast start, for sure, but I believe it’s going to take time for him to get his players in and for him to mold them the way he wants them.

If Adams wants to go that is perfectly fine, let him go.

Let’s go Huskies!!

I hope he returns, but I only want those returning who WANT/LOVE to be here. If he's over it, he should go (both for his benefit and the program).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure how this message would be received by a group that wasn't entirely sold on the prior regime. It sucks to be held accountable, at least at first. It's only when you see the results that you come to appreciate it.

Reaction Score
I could not care less who stays and who goes.
The problem with Ollie was Ollie, but part of that is the character/work ethic of kids he was bringing in. I'm not convinced Vance wasn't a problem, no matter who was coaching. Other than Kwintin, who was benched regularly after major effort games, who stood out as being that guy JC always looked for who would have your back in a fight and never back down? Maybe Vital? After that?

Was Ollie too palsy/walsy and "we all fam"? Did it lead to him be soft on the kids? Not have the authority to make them play harder? Bench a kid who needed benching? Were some softer kids drawn to that? You do your campus visit and the other players tell you, "Kev a great dude. He's not going to make you work to hard in practice." Sounds good? To some players.

I remember the first time I saw a video of Kemba - HS game. Guy was all over the place. Constant effort. Never backed down, never stopped. That's a JC kid. Probably a Hurley kid too, I hope. Would KO have appealed to Kemba? Maybe guys like Donny Marshall and Kemba and Caronimo were drawn to a domineering, overbearing, but deeply loving father figure.

Far as I'm concerned, Dan Hurley should tell each and every one of them individually that there's a new sheriff in town, and it's his way or G T F O. I'd rather play with 5 walk ons who will go Blls to the Wll and not win a game than watch another season of putrid effort, stilted offense, and uncaring defense.

A similar transition occurred when JC showed up. Cliffy went up to him and said, "hey Jim." JC said, "don't call me Jim. You can call me Coach or Mr. Calhoun, but not Jim." Cliffy said to himself, "things are goin to be different." One losing season and then 4 NCs later . . . .

The Coach is dead, long live the Coach.

Reaction Score
Adams obviously needs some growing up still. He should come back. I think Hurley is just what he needs. All the players should spend some time to think about what is best for them. Just like the university did and Hurley did.Then either commit and play or move on. It might be a scramble for a few years if they leave but that has got to be expected.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
OK, that's a very normal response. The original tweet was a little head scratching. Gotta remember, the players have only sat with this for 24 hrs so far. Heads are spinning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A similar transition occurred when JC showed up. Cliffy went up to him and said, "hey Jim." JC said, "don't call me Jim. You can call me Coach or Mr. Calhoun, but not Jim." Cliffy said to himself, "things are goin to be different." One losing season and then 4 NCs later . . . .
I feel like there need to be an "" or two in that quote.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I could not care less who stays and who goes.
The problem with Ollie was Ollie, but part of that is the character/work ethic of kids he was bringing in. I'm not convinced Vance wasn't a problem, no matter who was coaching. Other than Kwintin, who was benched regularly after major effort games, who stood out as being that guy JC always looked for who would have your back in a fight and never back down? Maybe Vital? After that?

Was Ollie too palsy/walsy and "we all fam"? Did it lead to him be soft on the kids? Not have the authority to make them play harder? Bench a kid who needed benching? Were some softer kids drawn to that? You do your campus visit and the other players tell you, "Kev a great dude. He's not going to make you work to hard in practice." Sounds good? To some players.

I remember the first time I saw a video of Kemba - HS game. Guy was all over the place. Constant effort. Never backed down, never stopped. That's a JC kid. Probably a Hurley kid too, I hope. Would KO have appealed to Kemba? Maybe guys like Donny Marshall and Kemba and Caronimo were drawn to a domineering, overbearing, but deeply loving father figure.

Far as I'm concerned, Dan Hurley should tell each and every one of them individually that there's a new sheriff in town, and it's his way or G T F O. I'd rather play with 5 walk ons who will go Blls to the Wll and not win a game than watch another season of putrid effort, stilted offense, and uncaring defense.

The Coach is dead, long live the Coach.

I agree with the bolded and there seems to be some of that talk going around. But none of the insiders said anything so maybe that's just another rumor.

As to your question of who isn't backing down?

Vital
Whaley
KW

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
-It sounds like Cobb, Vital, Wilson and Gilbert are pretty much returning.
-If Jalen stays, then I'm not too concerned who leaves outside of those 5. I'm assuming some combination of Polley/Diarra/Carlton/Whaley/Kwintin will leave, and some will stay.
-After dealing with the current roster players' decisions, Hurley needs to get on the phone with Kisunas, Akinjo, Jermaine Harris, Brendan Adams. Probably in that order. I don't know much about Emmitt Matthews, but I get the feeling that Akinjo and Kisunas are more important than Matthews. Getting Kisunas and Akinjo on board would be huge. We desperately need a big man with a high ceiling that Hurley can start with from scratch. And obviously, we need guards. Good ones.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
-If Jalen stays, then I'm not too concerned who leaves outside of those 5. I'm assuming some combination of Polley/Diarra/Carlton/Whaley/Kwintin will leave, and some will stay.
-After dealing with the current roster players' decisions, Hurley needs to get on the phone with Kisunas, Akinjo, Jermaine Harris, Brendan Adams. Probably in that order. I don't know much about Emmitt Matthews, but I get the feeling that Akinjo and Kisunas are more important than Matthews. Getting Kisunas and Akinjo on board would be huge. We desperately need a big man with a high ceiling that Hurley can start with from scratch. And obviously, we need guards. Good ones.

I disagree. I think Matthews is needed over Kisunas. I'll take Harris over Kisunas.

Reaction Score
If David Cox doesn't get the URI job and decides to come here then we will be able to sign any of the URI kids. They'll probably stay if Cox stays

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom