2022 Recruiting: - Alex Karaban Unoffical Visit (Again) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Alex Karaban Unoffical Visit (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are there any UConn "insiders" on Twitter worth following?
After a like from “King of Pancakes” might I self-nominate?
897FDD4F-F6CF-47CD-9D3C-C54D3A7CCD54.jpeg

Reaction Score

“There’s a big difference, I believe, in Big East basketball compared to the American,” Karaban said. “Even seeing the exposure they get from the Big East and the teams they play of course, just how hard it is to win in the Big East now with all the teams on the rise, I think it was a huge jump for them, and it was only a positive move.”

Reaction Score
“There’s a big difference, I believe, in Big East basketball compared to the American,” Karaban said. “Even seeing the exposure they get from the Big East and the teams they play of course, just how hard it is to win in the Big East now with all the teams on the rise, I think it was a huge jump for them, and it was only a positive move.”
Freescooter, "AaC iS BeTteR"

Reaction Score

“I just want a very good relationship with a coaching staff,” Karaban said. “I’m not looking for a four-year commitment but a forever commitment, have them in my wedding, etc. And of course being a better player coming out of the school, but building life skills, too, and being a better man.

“And winning. I’m not trying to go to college and lose.”

Someone mentioned this before, but really high quality guys that Hurley is bringing in. Not only do they want to make the NBA, but they want to have lasting legacies at UConn.

Let's hope this is our next one :D

Reaction Score

someone should tell Karaban he’s dead wrong on this. Freescooter said so.

Reaction Score
So what is that now...100% of our recruits explicitly mentioning that the Big East is a huge selling point and deciding factor?

Does anyone remember a time when a recruit hyped up the AAC? I don't lol

Reaction Score
A class of Karaban, JJ Starling, Floyd, and Clingan would have put us as the number 7 class in the country last year. Just ahead of Kentucky and Kansas

Reaction Score
I think a big story in all this that’s underrated is Hurley is learning we need a better mix of skilled guys & amazing athletes.

Need multiple guys be able to hit threes consistently and also be able to put it on the floor. Like maryland did to us. So excited for Hawkins to be onboard this year And hopeful we can shoot better from deep as a group.

I feel like that @ Providence game woke Everyone up that needed it, that we need that mix of skill and athleticism, can’t just have a bunch of Andre Jackson’s - as much fun to watch and as talented as he is! Hurley is learning and open to change - hes killing it so many places, this is a big deal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think a big story in all this that’s underrated is Hurley is learning we need skilled guys & a mix of long, amazing athletes.

Need multiple guys be able to hit threes consistently and also be able to put it on the floor. Like maryland did to us. So excited for Hawkins to be onboard this year And hopeful we can shoot better from deep as a group.

I feel like that @ Providence game woke Everyone up that needed it, that we need that mix of skill and athleticism, can’t just have a bunch of Andre Jackson’s - as much fun to watch and as talented as he is! Hurley is learning and open to change - hes killing it so many places, this is a big deal.

He definitely learned his lesson after last year--we weren't recruiting Karaban very heavily until this spring. I think having a mix of guys with skill (Sanogo, Diggins, Karaban, etc.) and freak athletes (Johnson, Hawkins, Jackson) can work really well as long as we have enough shooters on the team and those athletes are bringing some type of skill to the team so they aren't JUST an athlete like Sid or Jumpman. Hawkins = shooting; Jackson = passing, for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom