Akok training with Coach Sal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Akok training with Coach Sal

Reaction Score
Rodney was somehow way bigger when he got here compared to when he left. I started close to that but looked like Current day CV when he left.

He was fat when he got here and got in much better shape. Not a great example.

Reaction Score
Definitely on the Mt Rushmore of late night food. I think mine would have to be:

Sgt Peps Buffalo Chicken Calzone
Ted's BBQ Onion Ring Pizza
Wings Over Hanglider

The fourth spot is up for grabs, but it's hard to beat a cheese slice at peps for it's quality and simplicity.
I feel like you gotta put Sgt Peps on for their pizza and then just like a generic DP Dough calzone because love it or not (I do) the place is legendary

Reaction Score
I feel like you gotta put Sgt Peps on for their pizza and then just like a generic DP Dough calzone because love it or not (I do) the place is legendary
DP Dough got so bad though. It used to be really good.

Reaction Score
Durant couldn't even come close to benching 185 lbs. for 1 rep when he came into the NBA, if I had to guess he still can't. Brandon Ingram was benching with 115 lbs. when he came in the league. Akok does need to gain strength, especially in the legs but to say he's obviously a 4 year player based off this vid is ridiculous.

These exercises are all nice but the only way to gain strength is lifting weights and eating a lot.

OK, let's all review. There have been countless comments here about how Akok needs to get into the weight room and how Sal, who has been here way less than a year, will turn him into Adonis in short order.
I guess I need to use emojis even when the hyperbole should have been obvious enough.

Reaction Score
Few things

1) Akok has done a lot of prep to get him to the point where he can compete in practice without injury concerns. He had (and still has) some balance issues, tight hips, weak knees. He's worked hard to get here.

2) hes not doing heavy lifts yet because he hasnt built a safe base of strength.

3) the weird pushups are a shoulder mobility exercise.

4) hes eating a ridiculous amount to put on weight. Give him time--he has a rough genetic make up but hes working hard to overcome the skinny guy genes

Thanks, I need number three and those are good points about building a base.

Reaction Score
The pull ups show strength. Only Phase 1 so by oct We should see a much stronger player.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Seriously. Who was the last guard UConn had that looked like that? Seems every team we play has guys that look like that.
Wow, did this guy play college ball for Cincinnati. He is yoked!

Reaction Score
Think fried ball of mashed potatoes. They are good. It's the only good thing at the entire restaurant IMO
I thought Wally's was good until I had Garden Catering which puts the chicken to shame and their cones put Wally's puds to shame

Reaction Score
Definitely on the Mt Rushmore of late night food. I think mine would have to be:

Sgt Peps Buffalo Chicken Calzone
Ted's BBQ Onion Ring Pizza
Wings Over Hanglider

The fourth spot is up for grabs, but it's hard to beat a cheese slice at peps for it's quality and simplicity.
Bacon jalapeño Mac n cheese

Reaction Score
I thought Wallys was pretty much the same as Garden Catering and Chicken Joes. Puds are Cones and Bits are Nuggets. The year they opened I went and casually asked if they knew of garden catering/chicken joes and the guy got heated and told me not to talk about that. In any case

1. Sgt Pep buffalo chicken pizza/calzone
2. Husky Pizza Buffalo Chicken Pizza (highly underrated)
3. Wings Over
4. Baja Cafe Quesadillas
5. Teds Pizza/Grinder
6. DP Dough back when it was much cheaper and more filling.

Can't speak for any of this now but back in 2010-2011 thats pretty much all we had.

Reaction Score
I thought Wallys was pretty much the same as Garden Catering and Chicken Joes. Puds are Cones and Bits are Nuggets. The year they opened I went and casually asked if they knew of garden catering/chicken joes and the guy got heated and told me not to talk about that. In any case

1. Sgt Pep buffalo chicken pizza/calzone
2. Husky Pizza Buffalo Chicken Pizza (highly underrated)
3. Wings Over
4. Baja Cafe Quesadillas
5. Teds Pizza/Grinder
6. DP Dough back when it was much cheaper and more filling.

Can't speak for any of this now but back in 2010-2011 thats pretty much all we had.
Baja was really good but I think they closed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom