Akok training with Coach Sal | The Boneyard

Akok training with Coach Sal

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Not enough yoga. Quite frankly, I hope Sal doesn’t push the “bulk up” narrative too much with Akok. If the extra muscle messes with his shot, tykurez is not going to be happy.

Reaction Score
"Slow Cooking" from this starting point will mean he's here for 4 years.
Painfully thin and I hope those three pushups were numbers 98, 99 and 100 or he really will need several years to gain the strength he'll need for the NBA.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Anyone else a little surprised and concerned about Akok's apparent strength? Man, he needed these months with Sal.

(Love the Roman chair. Great core workout.)

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Painfully thin and I hope those three pushups were numbers 98, 99 and 100 or he really will need several years to gain the strength he'll need for the NBA.
Reading too far into an instagram caption... check
Asserting your opinion as fact... check

You must be fresh out of the boneyard slow cooker. Congrats on finishing your training.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
Not enough yoga. Quite frankly, I hope Sal doesn’t push the “bulk up” narrative too much with Akok. If the extra muscle messes with his shot, tykurez is not going to be happy.
What about scRate boarding on a bRoat with Brown and Brown 2?

C

Chief00

The sooner they can cook him into some weight lifting the better. Waiting for the optimal moment may be a long wait. Quite frankly, sometimes one just needs to dive in on the deep end and start trying to swim.

Reaction Score
His strength will be fine by October if he works hard. We have had guys that were much skinnier in the upper body. Obviously his legs need the most work.

Reaction Score
Reading too far into an instagram caption... check
Asserting your opinion as fact... check

You must be fresh out of the boneyard slow cooker. Congrats on finishing your training.

Struggling on pushups..........check.
Painfully thin.............check.
You dredging for "likes"...........check.

Boneyard training graduates all agree he needs major development, so why can't you?

Reaction Score
Durant couldn't even come close to benching 185 lbs. for 1 rep when he came into the NBA, if I had to guess he still can't. Brandon Ingram was benching with 115 lbs. when he came in the league. Akok does need to gain strength, especially in the legs but to say he's obviously a 4 year player based off this vid is ridiculous.

These exercises are all nice but the only way to gain strength is lifting weights and eating a lot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He’s gotta do some calf rasies jeez those are thin calves

Reaction Score
Few things

1) Akok has done a lot of prep to get him to the point where he can compete in practice without injury concerns. He had (and still has) some balance issues, tight hips, weak knees. He's worked hard to get here.

2) hes not doing heavy lifts yet because he hasnt built a safe base of strength.

3) the weird pushups are a shoulder mobility exercise.

4) hes eating a ridiculous amount to put on weight. Give him time--he has a rough genetic make up but hes working hard to overcome the skinny guy genes

Reaction Score
He shows no struggling with his push-ups so I can't figure out how someone came to that conclusion.

I can confirm that the aforementioned post was made by a dumb .

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Good reasoning and approach, coach.

"coach_alosi
First phase of training in Storrs for @akok_1 .
Individual Evaluation and Development of General Work Capacity are the first steps in long term athletic development.
This developmental phase will prepare the athlete for the increase in training intensity & load that will follow throughout the training process.
Slow cooking the student-athlete in each phase of their development, advancing them only after their training objectives have been achieved, is the optimal way to ensure long term physical success. .

#ThisIsUconn
#UConnNation
#BleedBlue""

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99