Akok 'Cuse/Pitt Visits | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Akok 'Cuse/Pitt Visits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We practice bb indoors during inclement weather.

Bad taste thread re; Bohiem or whateever his name is!

Reaction Score
Anyone who compares Conn. winters to Syracuse winters is really not aware of what Syracuse is like.

Try 10 degrees colder + 3x more snow + constant cloud cover.

It is a huge difference.

Weather is much worse in Syracuse for sure but they are also 10x more prepared for the weather there. They basically have 0 days off from school because of weather. Weather in Syracuse is pretty much a non-issue among the students there.

The people that say the city is poor and all that have to understand that Syracuse University and Syracuse the “city” are on opposite sides of a highway. The University is basically in its own bubble and the poor factor or crappiness of the city doesn’t overlap with the University. The university is very nice, beautiful buildings and all that. The student body is wealthy. It’s an impressive school to be around, just like UConn is.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
As another prostate cancer survivor, I would like to clear up a few things.
1) prostate cancer is about the best cancer to get ( some might argue thyroid) but both are easily treatable and have great outcomes except for very rare cases. I had no chemo or radiation in my treatment. I am embarrassed by the term survivor.

2) Yes urinating is initially challenging and for some that continues but you know to get pads or adult diapers if you must. He is either extremely unlucky or extremely sloppy.

3) Nose picking has never been a side effect.

Reaction Score
As another prostate cancer survivor, I would like to clear up a few things.
1) prostate cancer is about the best cancer to get ( some might argue thyroid) but both are easily treatable and have great outcomes except for very rare cases. I had no chemo or radiation in my treatment. I am embarrassed by the term survivor.

2) Yes urinating is initially challenging and for some that continues but you know to get pads or adult diapers if you must. He is either extremely unlucky or extremely sloppy.

3) Nose picking has never been a side effect.
If you live long enough basically every man gets prostate cancer. Glad it wasn't too bad for you.

Reaction Score
If weather is a factor for Akok ( and I doubt it is) both Syracuse and
Connecticut have serious arctic winters, trying to say which is worse is futile. Guys like this are focused on BB and an NBA career. They don’t care about the restaurants in town or annual cultural events. They are not planning on spending the rest of their life there. If weather was a factor, why in the first place would he visit either Uconn or Syracuse?
I don't know why so many people focus on weather for recruits. I don't think it's a major factor for most recruits. If it was then Miami would be getting lots of 5 star recruits.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
This is all about where he feels the most comfortable at and I hope it is UConn. If not, then UConn moves on.

Reaction Score
Anyone who compares Conn. winters to Syracuse winters is really not aware of what Syracuse is like.

It is a huge difference.

You're right. We lived in Oneida, about 25 miles East of Syracuse for three years and it was always gray from November to April (well, almost) and definitely tougher weather than CT.

Reaction Score
I don't know why so many people focus on weather for recruits. I don't think it's a major factor for most recruits. If it was then Miami would be getting lots of 5 star recruits.

Seriously. Every thread!

Parties and girls matter. For some classes matter. But the #1 item is how we will grt you to the NBA. Everything else follows.

New film guy from last year (I think) has been doing a good job with the presentations working with the coaches.

Reaction Score
Hope he enjoyed his weekend, just not nearly as much as last weekend in storrs

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Seriously. Every thread!

Parties and girls matter. For some classes matter. But the #1 item is how we will grt you to the NBA. Everything else follows..

Now, weather is a big part of that. Why do you think Arizona has one of the best collection of coeds in the land? Because it's one 4 year long pool party.

Reaction Score

It is a huge difference.
Yeah you’re right I have no experience with Syracuse, been there once when I was a little kid. But I still don’t think weather plays a role in recruiting. If Akok cared about nice weather he would not visit Syracuse or Uconn.

Reaction Score
IthacaMatt being awfully quiet. Speak up man. You got any word?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Yeah you’re right I have no experience with Syracuse, been there once when I was a little kid. But I still don’t think weather plays a role in recruiting. If Akok cared about nice weather he would not visit Syracuse or Uconn.
Storrs is a beautiful campus. If is especially striking in the fall and Spring. Winter has a enough snow to be picturesque but not so much to make getting around an issue. Don't equate us with Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom