Akok 'Cuse/Pitt Visits | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Akok 'Cuse/Pitt Visits

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1540302360827.png

We are Doomed

Reaction Score
#pantiesinabunch
As a Syracusian, I can only say that 140 inches of snow on average a year is actually very manageable compared anywhere else. Most places I've been to more south than here are crippled by an inch or two or snow. In Syracuse? , 2 feet of snow in the morning? No problem, school is delayed 2 hours and the plows come out. Try that anywhere else. Or dont, it's fine :)

Reaction Score
As a Syracusian, I can only say that 140 inches of snow on average a year is actually very manageable compared anywhere else. Most places I've been to more south than here are crippled by an inch or two or snow. In Syracuse? , 2 feet of snow in the morning? No problem, school is delayed 2 hours and the plows come out. Try that anywhere else. Or dont, it's fine :)

“Syracuse is a shithole, but at least we’re the best at cleaning it up“

Reaction Score

I'm surprised you can use the word fine without triggering yourself.

Reaction Score
IthacaMatt being awfully quiet. Speak up man. You got any word?

No, I don't have any insights. Seems to me he has been playing it close to the vest. Our sources have said he is leaning toward us, but of course those are our sources, so what do you expect? LOL

Personally, I feel like we might have a better shot at Isaiah Stewart (coming on strong after Girard commitment and then a surprise official visit). I think we are getting a Quincy Guerrier commitment on Halloween, and then if we can get one of Akok or Stewart, we are looking at a top 10 class.

Our sources are also saying Wahab is a big priority for our coaches, but I don't see the activity on that one. I know he scheduled us as his last official visit on Nov 10th, but I'm feeling like he's more Georgetown bound.

I could see you guys getting Akok, due to proximity to his sponsor family, the number of times he has been on your campus and his overall shyness. He might be a lot more comfortable staying close to "home".

I think Syracuse will wind up with Brycen Goodine (G), Joe Girard (G), Quincy Guerrier (Wing), John Bol Ajak (Center project), and probably Diamond Carrigan (C) in the spring. If we got Stewart or Akok, that would be gravy, and would make for a great class.

Reaction Score
Lots of reasons for that. Just Google “What’s the most polluted lake in the US”. Onondaga Lake in downtown Cuse baby. At one point they were dumping 20 lbs of Mercury a day into the lake along with millions of pounds of raw sewage per year. No fish can live it because of the toxins. Just living near it smelled so bad people couldn’t keep windows open. Why people consciously choose to live there I’ll never know.

Clean up was completed a year ago.

Honeywell finishes plan to monitor Onondaga Lake cleanup, but is it enough?

Reaction Score
One trophy. Palestra is a museum, too.

Hardly, but whatever.
There are big flat screen TVs in the hallway with big games from our history running on loops.
All the old Big East trophies are there, Beautiful displays of all of our draft picks, all our career statistical leaders, etc. It's very nice. I think there are either 4 or 6 courts inside, depending on how you configure it. Coaches offices view from above. Kids have private access cards for whenever they want to use the facility.

Reaction Score
Hardly, but whatever.
There are big flat screen TVs in the hallway with big games from our history running on loops.
All the old Big East trophies are there, Beautiful displays of all of our draft busts, all our career statistical leaders, etc. It's very nice. I think there are either 4 or 6 courts inside, depending on how you configure it. Coaches offices view from above. Kids have private access cards for whenever they want to use the facility.

FIFY

Reaction Score
Hardly, but whatever.
All the old Big East trophies are there, Beautiful displays of all of our draft picks, all our career statistical leaders, etc. It's very nice. I think there are either 4 or 6 courts inside, depending on how you configure it. Coaches offices view from above. Kids have private access cards for whenever they want to use the facility.
I'm just picturing Jim Boeheim flicking boogers onto the court from his office, also I don't think there's such thing as a beautiful display of Eric Devendorf.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Tahoe City, CA. We get over 400 inches a year. come at me bro.

Reaction Score
Tahoe City, CA. We get over 400 inches a year. come at me bro.
That's 400 inches of good quality powder though. Here in the east whatever powder we get either turns into slush or develops a layer of rock-hard ice at the top within a day or two

pj

Reaction Score
I think Syracuse will wind up with Brycen Goodine (G), Joe Girard (G), Quincy Guerrier (Wing), John Bol Ajak (Center project), and probably Diamond Carrigan (C) in the spring. If we got Stewart or Akok, that would be gravy, and would make for a great class.

So, Brycen Goodine the consensus #93 prospect, 3 projects, and a JUCO player who's failed out of, or been kicked out of for robbery and violence, a number of high schools. (It's Dimon by the way.) Glad to see what qualifies as a great class to today's Syracuse.

JCSuperstar

Garbage Time All Star
Reaction Score
Here you go. Have a look.

Syracuse University Athletics

Did Carmelo have to make the web page himself? What is happening here? Next time if Syracuse can't pony up a few bucks for a couple of RIT undergrads to make a serviceable site, just use Geocities or something.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    447.4 KB · Views: 142
Reaction Score
So, Brycen Goodine the consensus #93 prospect, 3 projects, and a JUCO player who's failed out of, or been kicked out of for robbery and violence, a number of high schools. (It's Dimon by the way.) Glad to see what qualifies as a great class to today's Syracuse.
Don’t really want to reply on this board anymore but this is such a bad take I couldn’t help my self.... you obviously know nothing about Quincy Guerrier because he is a kid that would be a 5 star if he played in the states... and Girard is arguably the best shooter in the class not sure he’s a project... the only real project out of that class would be John ajak

Reaction Score
We will see what JG3 amounts to - look any kid that can score that many points can't be ignored - but I keep getting hung up on his general demeanor and the way coaches OUTSIDE of section 2 describe him in less than glowing terms when things don't go his way. Section 2, the whole of it, is so enamored with any athlete that has any amount of success it's boarders on lunacy. I have never understood it, but it's likely due to the Albany areas general inferiority complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom